Heroic Starshatter

90 Worgen Death Knight
So, I have these one handers, and the sha touched weapon (normal versions) fully upgraded, and I got ahold of heroic starshatter. If I upgrade it x2, is it worth going either 2h frost again or unholy come 5.2?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
On the top of my head? Really can't tell you since the rest of your gear also needs to be taken in consideration. Your best bet would be running a simulation.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
For Frost right now, the higher item level weapon will win out. Heroic Starshatter easily beats out normal 1Hs, even considering the sha-touched gem. Weapon damage alone just means that much to us as it is.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
My vote is actually for the dual Kilraks. Unless you plan on fully upgrading that Starshatter and then going full 2H Frost, you'll be losing DPS. Also take into account that DW is currently higher DPS than 2H.

Really though I'd recommend simming it or just trying it out for yourself. Slap Rune of the Fallen Crusader on that bad boy, reforge into haste and crit, and take it out for a spin in LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
you'll win single target with the starshatter fully upp'd just because weapon damage is so goo right now.

But with the tier changing so soon, I'd actually recommend saving valor for the upgrades in 5.2
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
you'll win single target with the starshatter fully upp'd just because weapon damage is so goo right now.

But with the tier changing so soon, I'd actually recommend saving valor for the upgrades in 5.2

According to the PTR notes, they are converting all Valor to Justice at the start of 5.2, it is either spend it or lose it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Not anymore:

(Sticky) 5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!
After reading your feedback and locking ourselves in dim, fluorescent-lit rooms for much deliberation, we have decided that we are NOT going to convert Valor to Justice and Justice to gold when 5.2 ships. Current Valor items will continue to require Valor in 5.2, and will be offered at a discount as listed in the PTR patch notes. Given that PvE and PvP currencies function quite a bit differently, Conquest will still convert to Honor and Honor to gold as previously discussed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]