Yuck on Alterac Valley CTA!!

90 Undead Warlock
I know this would be askin alot, but it sure would be nice if alterac valley was NEVER the battleground for call to arms EVER again.
But at the very least if we dont like the current bg being played in cta, we should be able to queue for a random and NOT end up in a battle ground we have marked with thumbs down.

Please comment to pose notice to this.
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Rogue
No. Suck it up. I don't like AB, you don't see me claiming "no one likes it" or "it should be removed from X." You already got a blacklist function. Maybe you'll loot a tear-stained handkerchief from AV?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Ive been playing my alliance toon in the 75-79 bracket and the horde are recapping consistently and beating us, perhaps you should give it a shot?! hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge...SHOVE SHOVE?!?!?! ...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Get a Logitech keyboard that shows you what the random queue will be before you enter. Problem solved and you are stimulating the economy.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
02/12/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Koukuei
Maybe you'll loot a tear-stained handkerchief from AV?

Maybe you'll loot a tear-stained handkerchief from

Maybe you'll loot a tear-stained handkerchief

Maybe you'll loot a tear-stained

Maybe you'll loot a

Maybe

02/12/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Keneheacon
NOT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
02/12/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Lavatots
Got SSM 5 times in row last night, just logged out and played another game. *shrugs*

Nobody is forced into ANYTHING this game has to offer. Ever. Not since Vanilla has anything been mandatory. You queue up for random BG's or CTA because they offer the most honour per hour spent playing.

I have an idea! Play the game for fun and select your favourite BG to fight in. Less honour? Yes. More fun? Yup!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I never said I was forced to do anything, I just simply stated that I got the same BG over and over again which doesn't fall under the definition of "random."

Reading comprehension is srs business.

If you've studied any probability & stats (I'm guessing you haven't) you would understand that random in the purest form is an illusion. You have a chance at drawing from all the available BG's for a queue. Each time you have an X% chance of landing in any BG and potentially getting the SAME bg 100 times in a row.

If you really wanted a different BG each time, you would have simply select a BG you haven't done yet today and queued up for it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Req
I used to hate it... but now wit Oque, i'm loving it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Go horde! My alliance toon hasnt seriously won an AV all afternoon in the 75-79 bracket, Horde have been beating us consistently. Keep it up and try doing it at 90?!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I never said I was forced to do anything, I just simply stated that I got the same BG over and over again which doesn't fall under the definition of "random."

Reading comprehension is srs business.

If you've studied any probability & stats (I'm guessing you haven't) you would understand that random in the purest form is an illusion. You have a chance at drawing from all the available BG's for a queue. Each time you have an X% chance of landing in any BG and potentially getting the SAME bg 100 times in a row.

If you really wanted a different BG each time, you would have simply select a BG you haven't done yet today and queued up for it.

This isnt entirely true, as the larger bgs will fill up first. AV and IOC will get priority then the 15 mans followed by 10 mans. So that in itself isnt really the definition of random, if you want to get that technical.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
My point is that the random queue isn't truly random which is a feature I feel that needs to be fixed or changed. Random queues should be random and matched against other people queuing for randoms to alleviate BG redundancy.

Do you understand now, or do you need further clarification?

You are correct in stating that it's based on who is queued for what however there is still a % chance that you could get the same BG every time that may not be the CTA because that's how probability works. If you need further clarification I will happily elaborate.

To the point, though, do you really want your queue time to go up from 5 minutes to 30-40 minutes waiting for a 'truly random' experience? That's what would happen if your idea were adopted. You'd get more out of the game to manually queue for a different BG after each match than spend that much time in queue.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
The existence of Alterac Valley makes WoW a lesser game.

In the interest of maintaining the quality of the game, remove AV from the CTA.

There are no words to describe how bad AV is. Normally, on a week where it's the CTA, I won't log into wow at all or I just won't do any bgs.

I can't understand how a professional game designer wouldn't be embarrassed to have something as bad as AV in their game. At the least, make the gd map smaller so I don't have to chase people for so long to force them into pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
02/12/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Avanaia
At the least, make the gd map smaller so I don't have to chase people for so long to force them into pvp.

Defend/Assault towers and you'll get all the PvP you could ever want.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]