Yuck on Alterac Valley CTA!!

90 Tauren Paladin
I do NOT have a 1 in 10 chance of getting any BG on every queue.

I didn't say it was an even chance. These probabilities would be based on 10,000 people queuing and measuring who gets into what. You, the individual, could still luck (or unluck) out and get the same BG every single time even if it's a supposed 3% chance.

My point was that hitting random will never be as random as you so desire. You don't like it because you wanted variety AND the bonus honour that comes with clicking random.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
02/12/2013 03:37 PMPosted by Hbomb
At the least, make the gd map smaller so I don't have to chase people for so long to force them into pvp.

Defend/Assault towers and you'll get all the PvP you could ever want.

If only that were true. In most games, I sit in a tower until it caps, usually while reading news online. Then rushing to Van's room, assuming nothing interesting in the news, and waiting for the oldest, weakest, most boring pve encounter to start.

Sometimes, when the boredom starts to drive me mad, I will solo assault the 15 allies sitting at one of the mid towers, but that just gives me more time to read the news while I'm waiting at the graveyard.

It is only occasional that a group of alliance will be so bored as to seek out pvp combat that's not 30 versus 1.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Sorry, but I love it every time it calls.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Req
Personally I went 12-0 in AV yesterday playing with friends. Was awesome fun in AV. Always is honestly. I think AV is the best battleground EVAR and I have never played it as Alliance. As a matter of fact it was the impetus to me switching to horde. I waited for 45 minutes for a Q to pop when AV came out <yes in Vanilla> on my alliance mage, as the first real big war map...said..nope..and rolled my mage Aurellian. Been horde since!

Summoned the Ice Lord yesterday and pushed the alliance all the way to their starting tunnel!

Killed vann the other 11 times :)

Great fun was had by all. AV in oQueue all day today once I get home from work at 10:30 EST

Sadly i missed the Ice Lord match, but the ones i participate were awesome and fast.

:)
Edited by Lorbyron on 2/13/2013 3:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
I love AV!!! Was in a group where we were so close to actually summoning the ice lord :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thats your opinion.

Many love CTA. Its gonna stay.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I had an absolute blast in AV last night as horde. 53 alliance rage quits!
Reply Quote
17 Human Warlock
Personally I went 12-0 in AV yesterday playing with friends. Was awesome fun in AV. Always is honestly. I think AV is the best battleground EVAR and I have never played it as Alliance. As a matter of fact it was the impetus to me switching to horde. I waited for 45 minutes for a Q to pop when AV came out <yes in Vanilla> on my alliance mage, as the first real big war map...said..nope..and rolled my mage Aurellian. Been horde since!

Summoned the Ice Lord yesterday and pushed the alliance all the way to their starting tunnel!

Killed vann the other 11 times :)

Great fun was had by all. AV in oQueue all day today once I get home from work at 10:30 EST

You said it yourself in those premades you were doing that the pugs on horde rarely if ever win AV. Just because you can win with a *premade* does not make AV fun, balanced, or ok for everyone else trying to run random bgs.

AV, Isle, and strand should never be the CTA, and Blizz should up the # of map blacklists to 3 from 2.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/13/2013 07:47 AMPosted by Kiaransali
53 alliance rage quits!

*sigh* This community is absolutely awful.
Reply Quote
25 Human Paladin
Get a group of friends and hang out in TP or IBT = A lot of PvP

No one is forcing you to follow the 12 year olds up to Vann.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/13/2013 09:18 AMPosted by Esclamayshun
As you know I was alliance a long time... they are very smug about AV to the point where they consider it an auto win. I'll admit it felt good to smack that smirk off their faces and replace it with tears.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
As you know I was alliance a long time... they are very smug about AV to the point where they consider it an auto win. I'll admit it felt good to smack that smirk off their faces and replace it with tears.

You have some serious anger management issues. This is exactly what I'm talking about. People seem to have more fun making others miserable than playing the game.
Edited by Esclamayshun on 2/13/2013 10:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/13/2013 09:48 AMPosted by Kiaransali

I have one alliance alt who I've been running during this cta, and yesterday the horde were pounding us all day due to back capping, every match I would tell them...guys they are back capping a lot, stack in towers, etc etc, and each person would literally scoff every time I said it. We always win av blah blah blah, and when they realized they werent, the name calling started and the crying about the horde forcing "turtles" and "long games (15+ mins)" it was hilarious to watch.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/13/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Shâd

I have one alliance alt who I've been running during this cta, and yesterday the horde were pounding us all day due to back capping, every match I would tell them...guys they are back capping a lot, stack in towers, etc etc, and each person would literally scoff every time I said it. We always win av blah blah blah, and when they realized they werent, the name calling started and the crying about the horde forcing "turtles" and "long games (15+ mins)" it was hilarious to watch.

So basically seeing people frustrated at the game is hilarious to watch?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
I know this would be askin alot, but it sure would be nice if alterac valley was NEVER the battleground for call to arms EVER again.
But at the very least if we dont like the current bg being played in cta, we should be able to queue for a random and NOT end up in a battle ground we have marked with thumbs down.

Please comment to pose notice to this.

pose?

i'm sure it's making sense for you but i can't make heads
or tails of what you're saying here, and i'm really trying.

let's see now...

i do not blacklist any battleground so i cannot sympathize.

i do, however, blacklist the idiots, the derps, the brats, the hateful,
the rambo's, the gumbo's, the dumbo's, and the bozo's. there's way
more than i can possibly blacklist but i thumbs down them all. if i
have to endure these morons day in and day out, you can tolerate
several days of a bg you don't understand. stop your whining.

there. i comment to pose notice to this.

Cheers.
Pleb.
Edited by Theplebian on 2/13/2013 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

So basically seeing people frustrated at the game is hilarious to watch?

You get far too emotionally attached to peoples posts, it's almost as if you take to heart everything everyone says on these forums. Your crusade for civility isn't working and never will. My post was in response to where he said alliance players were "smug" in AV and when they started losing, they were in disbelief, before you break out your bible and holy water to cast people down, maybe you should read a little clearer next time?
Reply Quote
53 alliance rage quits!

qft

and of course the scrub who only does full premades shows up great to see you again pleb /sarcasm off

also just realize shad is a jerk and tell him to shut up every now and then ignore any "content" he posts the forums become far more intelligent if you do that.
Edited by Rainbowdash on 2/13/2013 11:31 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]