Best Way to Make Money with Tailoring

90 Troll Shaman
I know this depends on the server, but what are some go-to things you do to make gold at 600?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Crafted PvP gear.

You're a bit late on the boat now- stockpile all your SoH until 5.2. Every single one.

The second 5.2 drops, buy all the new crafted PvP patterns. People pay a mountain of gold to on day 1 of the patch for crafted PvP gear, especially now that people will want it to squeak into the new LFR. Make 3 sets of each of the new patterns and keep on top of it all day. They'll sell amazingly fast for probably 1000+ gold profit a piece. Usually you'll end up selling at least half a set to the same person within a few seconds.
Reply Quote
23 Tauren Warrior
Crafted PvP gear.

You're a bit late on the boat now- stockpile all your SoH until 5.2. Every single one.

The second 5.2 drops, buy all the new crafted PvP patterns. People pay a mountain of gold to on day 1 of the patch for crafted PvP gear, especially now that people will want it to squeak into the new LFR. Make 3 sets of each of the new patterns and keep on top of it all day. They'll sell amazingly fast for probably 1000+ gold profit a piece. Usually you'll end up selling at least half a set to the same person within a few seconds.

Doesn't matter when you buy, gear in your crafting recipes bought will just get upgraded to 476
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Crafted PvP gear.

What's SoH, excuse my noobness.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/12/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Garaonk
Doesn't matter when you buy, gear in your crafting recipes bought will just get upgraded to 476

while that is how it was handled in cata i haven't seen anything to suggest that is how it will be handled now. The patterns were from a trainer in cata so making you learn the new ones would have been pretty meaningless.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
SoH is the Spirit of Harmony. c:
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Bags! Don't forget about bags!

Embersilk Bag & Netherweave Bag both are still great sellers.

Embersilk Bag is the largest non cooldown based bag in the game still. Though you need Hypnotic Dust to make them. That might throw players without enchanting off a little, since Hypnotic Dust is an old expansion material now and can go for 200g a stack I've seen.

Hense the second bag, Netherweave Bag which only requires Bolt of Netherweave.

Don't forget about leg enchants, Greater Cerulean Spellthread, Greater Pearlescent Spellthread, Cerulean Spellthread & Pearlescent Spellthread.
Reply Quote
Also shirts. Surprisingly they can sell pretty well, and are usually overlooked.

A few nice looking transmog pieces can be crafted. Mooncloth Robes, Hat of Wintry Doom, for a few examples.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Not sure bags are a good moneymaker. Netherweave are so universal there's not much room to profit on them. Embersilk is an ok compromise between cost and capacity, but it seems like a lot of players either stick with Netherweave or go all the way to Royal Satchels now that those are getting cheaper.

Transmog stuff is excellent though, it's pretty easy to get some of them, and you can easily see if there's competition and make something different if their stuff isn't selling. Some of my faves are Soulcloth vest/shoulders, and the Primal Mooncloth set.
Reply Quote

If you have a farm with the Tillers in Halfhill, you can plant things that grow Motes of harmony everyday.. you can grow 16 a day if you want.. just something that will help.. I think you have to be honored with them in order to plant the seed though.. It's called a Songbell Seed
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Crafted pvp gear and using your daily imperial silk cooldown to sell the spellthread that is selling the best on your realm.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
While not on this character, I have 8 tailors. A few of them are level 90 now and doing Pandarian cloth transmutes, though they are all level 85+, and maxed out at Cataclysm levels.

I've had maxed out characters for tailoring like this since Classic days.

The reason is that cloth transmutes have always been one of my prime gold makers, from Mooncloth straight up to Imperial Silk now.

Now... Blizzard became a pain in Cataclysm and decided to make Dreamcloth soulbound, and they kept that with Imperial Silk which is just an unfortunate terrible decision for both tailors and consumers of tailoring products due to the inefficiencies they created in the market.

But you can still make decent gold on the transmutes.

The lower level cloth transmutes aren't worth a ton. But Imperial Silk is...

It doesn't take a ton of work to get the Greater Cerulean Spellthread, Greater Pearlescent Spellthread recipes from Golden Lotus rep, and those you can sell each and every day for significantly more than the cost of the 2 Windwool cloth stacks it takes to make the Imperial Silk they require. It's a quality way to make a lot of consistent gold over time.
Edited by Lorsaire on 2/15/2013 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]