Respec unholy in 5.2?

90 Tauren Death Knight
Hey my fellow DK's. I have noticed and probably all of you have also the buff to unholy. And i read alot on the forums that unholy is going to be ahead of frost once again. Personally i love frost, not cause its a really easy spec to play but the big crits and numbers you get out of it. Iv recently respec'd my os to unholy and i really just cannot get the hang of it. If i dont switch to unholy in 5.2 am i just wasting my Dk's potential in pvp, or is frost still going to be almost or just as good as unholy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I am sure Frost is still going to be very viable. Unholy always shined the most about locking healers down while pressuring the dps. It takes some getting used to. It is definately a macro spec for sure. It sounds like they are just bringing UH up to par with Frost finally. Its been a pretty beaten down spec since the beginning of Cata.

I will definately be dusting off my UH spec to do some arena play with it now. But first the grind to 90, oh joy...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I am sure Frost is still going to be very viable. Unholy always shined the most about locking healers down while pressuring the dps. It takes some getting used to. It is definately a macro spec for sure. It sounds like they are just bringing UH up to par with Frost finally. Its been a pretty beaten down spec since the beginning of Cata.

I will definately be dusting off my UH spec to do some arena play with it now. But first the grind to 90, oh joy...
Unholy was amazing all through cata. You know, back when NS used unholy runes instead of death runes.

It's just been the beginning of mists that it's been struggling, I kind of attribute that to the inverse scaling with runic corruption.

Also, I don't want anyone telling me to use BT. I use it on my blood spec, but have always preferred runic corruption. And always will.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
If you play better with Frost, stick with Frost. It'll be great to have options.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I love RC for pve, but Blood Tap is the way to go for Unholy pvp. Death runes are Unholy's bread and butter. Everything else is just setup.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The one big mistake ppl make while playing Unholy is to use festering strike over Blood strike, and use scourge strike to the max. Jus cause festering strike is available doesnt mean use it tho, maximize scourage strike death runes. Use Festering jus to get death runes and up time on diseases. With out this, you will be completely clueless and have so much down time on your runes.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
The one big mistake ppl make while playing Unholy is to use festering strike over Blood strike, and use scourge strike to the max. Jus cause festering strike is available doesnt mean use it tho, maximize scourage strike death runes. Use Festering jus to get death runes and up time on diseases. With out this, you will be completely clueless and have so much down time on your runes.

Lol

Or are you serious?

Who actually has blood strike on their bar
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
02/14/2013 07:56 PMPosted by Blackheart
The one big mistake ppl make while playing Unholy is to use festering strike over Blood strike
Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Way I see it, if they didn't touch Frost, it's because it was perfect.

Edit: I'm Blood/UH, that's how I see them not touching a spec at this point.
Edited by Aarclis on 2/15/2013 6:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
If you are having issues with Unholy look up Reinhart da Russian on youtube. He is a 2300+ UH dk. Has a buttload of guides on unholy, all very detailed and quite good.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Death Knight
DO NOT RESPEC TO UNHOLY! WHAT EVER YOU DO STAY AWAY FROM IT, KEEP YOUR LAME FROST SPEC SO THAT I REMAIN THE LEET SPEC. LOL
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
KEEP YOUR LAME FROST SPEC SO THAT I REMAIN THE LEET SPEC. LOL

Lame? lol.

Sshhh, hang on a second - I'm too busy owning meters in every raid I am in and topping damage charts of every BG/Arena I step in to.
Edited by Hellborne on 2/15/2013 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Lame? lol.

Sshhh, hang on a second - I'm too busy owning meters in every raid I am in and topping damage charts of every BG/Arena I step in to.

Looking at your logs you arnt "owning" any fights.
Reply Quote
What I meatn waz, replace Festering strike with Blood strike. Alot of dks dont touch fs and use bs cause thats how it started when they first created their dk and got festering strike at like 61 or something and never made the switch. But yes, Blood strike should not be in your attack bar lol.

But yeah, this is for ppl new to unholy or new to DK. Obviously someone who has been playing dk or even an experianced player know this.
Edited by Blackheart on 2/16/2013 7:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Lame? lol.

You're 2s and 3s rating, w/l, definitely say other wise lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/15/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Theexploited
DO NOT RESPEC TO UNHOLY! WHAT EVER YOU DO STAY AWAY FROM IT, KEEP YOUR LAME FROST SPEC SO THAT I REMAIN THE LEET SPEC. LOL

That made me laugh.

In all seriousness though, stick with the spec you enjoy and are best at. I've always been unholy since wrath, through all its ups and downs. I enjoy its playstyle and am comfortable with it. Thus even at times when frost is "better", I do very well as unholy. It's better to stick with the class/spec you are good at and enjoy then always chasing the new FOTM class/spec. Buffs/nerfs come every patch. It's easier to just ride it out then jump ship for a different class/spec every patch.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I like playing all the specs of dk. Each have their own strength and weaknesses. I am definitely happy that unholy is getting a little more buffed, and I am hoping this is only the beginning. I am definitely going back to Unholy. I like Frost, just seems a little boring and kind of limited with rotation. It's fine though, would be boring if all the specs played the same.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
02/16/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Deathewolf
I am definitely happy that unholy is getting a little more buffed, and I am hoping this is only the beginning. I am definitely going back to Unholy. I like Frost, just seems a little boring and kind of limited with rotation.

I'm in the same boat. Frost just bores me. And the fact that one can go into a bg and hit only three buttons (obliterate, frost strike, howling blast) with frost and top meters, kind of takes the reward out of it for me. Not only that but relying on RNG for your burst is annoying to no end, RNG is a cruel and fickle mistress, and with frost if RNG decides to be a b!tch and give you no KM procs, your damage will be sh!t.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I never liked Frost, and theses changes are definitely something I am looking forward to no matter how minor they are. I miss my Gurth though, that weapon made Cata so much fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]