10-boxing in AV?

72 Human Paladin
I thought it was no longer supposed to be possible to queue groups larger than 5 for the same unrated battleground. I just got out of an AV where there was clearly a 10-boxing Shaman from Area 52.

He just sat on top of Drek and wiped out the entire alliance team. Over, and over, and over, and over.

Impressive, but broken. Is this possible with legitimate usage of the WoW API, or did this person violate the ToS in some way?
Reply Quote
70 Undead Rogue
Two groups of five queue, when both groups get a 'pop' at the same time, they take it. If only one gets the queue, they leave, and re-queue.

Unless this was fixed, in some way, that's likely how it was done.

02/12/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Audiotape
or did this person violate the ToS in some way?

Possibly, couldn't say.

Isn't that the thing that is broken every couple of seconds in trade chat?
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
nahh just qued my two groups at the same time
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I thought it was no longer supposed to be possible to queue groups larger than 5 for the same unrated battleground. I just got out of an AV where there was clearly a 10-boxing Shaman from Area 52.

He just sat on top of Drek and wiped out the entire alliance team. Over, and over, and over, and over.

Impressive, but broken. Is this possible with legitimate usage of the WoW API, or did this person violate the ToS in some way?

It sounds like your team was terrible, and probably running in 2-3 at a time. Learn how to wipe a MB'er.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

It sounds like your team was terrible, and probably running in 2-3 at a time. Learn how to wipe a MB'er.

Exactly.

20+ toons should be able to quickly over whelm a 10 man boxer. Unless you idiots just walk in 2-3 at a time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I have nothing against multiboxer. I just hate concept that you allow to bring party that is bigger than 5 character to Random BG when there is rated BG with better reward. Blizzard didn't provide to players a tool to bring premade/multiboxer that is greater than 5 into random because Blizzard don't want to see premade in random bg. So, why should player keep to justify premade/multiboxer that is greater than 5 character into random BG.

AV/IoC is those BG that I still am not sure about.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
There's actually an addon that people use to get groups bigger than 5 into matches. I've fought full on premades with every enemy from the same guild and realm in random bgs using it to practice rateds.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have nothing against multiboxer. I just hate concept that you allow to bring party that is bigger than 5 character to Random BG when there is rated BG with better reward. Blizzard didn't provide to players a tool to bring premade/multiboxer that is greater than 5 into random because Blizzard don't want to see premade in random bg. So, why should player keep to justify premade/multiboxer that is greater than 5 character into random BG.

He was 63-67, so no rated BG option for that level. Additionally it is AV CTA so let the boxxer get his efficient leveling on. Finally, boxers love AV and IOC as it gives us a chance to not hinder the rest of the team as opposed to being in a WSG, AB, EOTS.

Just because you selected "Random" for increased rewards doesn't mean he selected random. He probably queued specifically for AV for the CTA reward. Random just means give me what ever BG queue pops first that I am capable of queueing for.
Edited by Steinadler on 2/12/2013 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

they're not 'random' bgs... they're 'regular' bgs

regular bgs are a stepping stone to rated bgs. learn to communicate and coordinate with the other members of your team or expect to lose.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
And the random part is which battleground you get.

You know you can Q into a random with a premade of 5 people right?

And, when you Q for the CTA <which btw is a specific battleground> multiple groups Q'ing at the same time can manage to get into the same BG.
Reply Quote
Or you could just stop being bad and needing to dodge que limits I know it sets a dangerous precedent one might /gasp develop skill
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/13/2013 07:24 AMPosted by Rainbowdash
Or you could just stop being bad and needing to dodge que limits I know it sets a dangerous precedent one might /gasp develop skill

I fail to see how those two things are in any way related.

Gak Gak Gak.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
02/13/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Chalithri

Gak Gak Gak.

the bot supporters rage against oQueue premade groups as it's hurting their honor/hr grind. they also seem to be against people playing with other people in an MMORPG

regular battlegrounds are a stepping stone to rated battlegrounds. find friends, organize and communicate... this is how people are supposed to learn.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Do you mean does blizz have a problem with making $150 a month off of 1 person?

Probably not.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Chalithri

Gak Gak Gak.

Lets see needing to play 10 toons to kill things rather then 1v1 might just maybe indicate a lack of skill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]