Inscribed Staff Quests

100 Human Mage
First - I am aware that the Inscribed (Serpent/Crane/Tiger) Staff quests are flawed.
Also, Bliz did send me back the completed staff quest, so this is not a "what happened" issue.

What it is was I was told that this flaw (bug) was going to be fixed.

SO WHEN?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Which flaw? The fact people don't read the quest? Or the inability to drag the staff to to the equipment slot?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
The flaw that for the heroic staff the last quest "giver" takes it and gives you marbles, so to speak.
You don't get a real item at the end as you are supposed to. Blizzard support told me quest was messed up and they were working on it. Haven't seen it was fixed so far.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
The flaw that for the heroic staff the last quest "giver" takes it and gives you marbles, so to speak.
You don't get a real item at the end as you are supposed to. Blizzard support told me quest was messed up and they were working on it. Haven't seen it was fixed so far.

It takes the staff, destroys it and gives the character 10 scrolls of wisdom. Seems to be working as intended.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=79341/inscribed-serpent-staff#objective-of
Reply Quote
7 Gnome Rogue
The problem is some one failed math class at Blizzard :P

Takes 20 to make an as a reward you get 10 where is the logic?

Kinda like Netherweave bandages sell for more then windwool bandages lol
Edited by Strwberry on 2/14/2013 7:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The problem is some one failed math class at Blizzard :P

Takes 20 to make an as a reward you get 10 where is the logic?

Kinda like Netherweave bandages sell for more then windwool bandages lol

Umm.... that's pretty silly. No one failed at math. Someone failed at comprehension, though.

Once you craft the Inscribed Crane Staff, you have it. That's it, done. You spent your 20 scrolls, 5 spirits and whatever else, and you got a staff. Done deal.

The quest is a way to offer you back a partial refund of the materials you put in once you are done using the staff. In other words, once you get something better than a 479 staff, you can turn in the staff for 10 scrolls of wisdom if you don't want it anymore. Or, you can hang on to the staff as it is BoA and one of your alts might use it in the future.

The quest text is very clear in stating something like "Once you outgrow this staff, we thought you might appreciate some mats back." Of course, I am paraphrasing.

You can't expect to get 20 scrolls back after you've used the staff. You get 10, that's fair.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
You can't expect to get 20 scrolls back after you've used the staff. You get 10, that's fair.

Nothing else that you can craft can be used like this. Your Tailored dress will be vendor trash. Your bag that took 12 blue cloth to make, also trash. These staffs are like a used car. You never get back what you paid for it - you USED it, but you get something.

The one I made has been passed around to 2 alts already. It's getting a lot of wear - so nice that it's BoA.
Reply Quote
7 Gnome Rogue
Well umm to bring up a robe is rather dumb no offense a crafted robe is not """ BOA """"

Out grow lol no sorry how can you out grow something when its """ BOA """

Again seems like a stupid idea no offense.

Think of any other """ BOA "" from any xpac how are you going to outgrow them when they can be reused.

Even though there adding new heirlooms which scale to 85 does that mean the ones to 80 are unusable no sorry.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/14/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Strwberry
Out grow lol no sorry how can you out grow something when its """ BOA """

Maybe you're not understanding this since you're a level 7 forum posting char or just don't know what outgrow means.

There are specific stats on the various staffs - so even though it's BoA, you may not have any other character who can use it. You *could* keep it just in case you level another druid in the future or turn in the quest, get 10 scrolls and save up 10 more and make a different stat staff.

With other crafting professions, you don't get an option to trade it in for some of the original mats when you don't need that item anymore. Enchanting can d/e but you'll just get dust instead of the scribe's scrolls.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]