Hey whens fire getting a buff

100 Worgen Mage
02/17/2013 08:45 PMPosted by Donnut
Fire is getting an indirect buff in 5.2 with scorch being baseline. You will always be able to run PoM which should make combustion damage more reliable.

Yup was going to post this. PoM + Scorch will be a nice dps buff.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
02/17/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Graylen

Correct. We went from 2 to 3 in a hotfix somewhere. The glyph change will increase this to 4, although we are losing the Living Bomb spread.

Incorrect. Fire Mages will still be able to spread via Glyph of Inferno Blast, only non-fire mages will not be able to spread.

Do you know this because this is the way it is currently played on the PTR?

Oh my, so in this thread we seem to have contradictory statements about spreading LB... I did find a number of threads from 2-3 months ago that all decried the loss of having LB spread in 5.2 with nobody that I caught refuting it. The best I could catch as to what will happen is the patch note that said the glyph would change name and that it spreads DoTs to other targets. AND I recall that previously in Combustion, the "combining all DoTs" apparently left out the DoTs LB had from being part of that "combining."
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
As a fire mage I would like clarification on this too. Will LB still be spreadable when glyphed with the new glyph for fire mages? Just as important for me, will the Pyromaniac debuff be spread as well?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I just checked on the PTR and it (Inferno Blast) does not spread LB. Ignite, Combustion and Pyroblast DOT's are what's spread.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Mage
PoM + Pyroblast will increase the burst damage along with alter time to pretty much skyrocket that initial combustion; and each combustion every 3 minutes after that.

This is how you do it. You get a hot streak, pop alter time, use the hot streak pyroblast, pom + pyroblast for another. When alter time ends, you use the hot streak you had before you popped alter time, then another pom + Pyroblast. If you are lucky, I have gotten a 57k combustion tick from this and I single target bursted (without timewarp) all the way to 160k.

Its learning the class as much as building the crit. You can't use arcane gear, jump on fire and expect to do loads of damage.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage

Correct. We went from 2 to 3 in a hotfix somewhere. The glyph change will increase this to 4, although we are losing the Living Bomb spread.

Incorrect. Fire Mages will still be able to spread via Glyph of Inferno Blast, only non-fire mages will not be able to spread.

If true, I am a very happy Mage.

Edit: Didn't notice Inferno Blast got the spread baked in. Excellent.
Edited by Mageski on 2/19/2013 12:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Not so fast, didn't you read Lenorlee's post? This is a rather large nerf... we'll have to completely change our playstyle... or stay with what we do and lose a whole bunch of damage we USED to be able to inflict.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
02/22/2013 05:07 AMPosted by Brightbrown
Not so fast, didn't you read Lenorlee's post? This is a rather large nerf... we'll have to completely change our playstyle... or stay with what we do and lose a whole bunch of damage we USED to be able to inflict.

Two days ago when I posted this, ptr.wowhead.com still showed that Inferno Blast spread Living Bomb, caused Frost Bomb to explode and made Nether Tempest do it's AoE thing. It has since been updated to match what Lenorlee posted.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
So it isn't spreading living bomb?

They really want us tab targetting? This seems like a terrible QoL change... we're still gonna put up 3 where able.

I guess fixing some of the clunk (invocation) makes room for more. We apparently have to have some.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]