Blizzard killing Disc Priest

90 Blood Elf Priest
02/14/2013 05:04 PMPosted by Sensations
Tell me which definition you're interpreting, cause what I'm looking at supports what I think of when I say fine.

Fine (adjective)

1 a : free from impurity

b of a metal : having a stated proportion of pure metal in the composition expressed in parts per thousand <a gold coin .9166 fine>

2 a (1) : very thin in gauge or texture <fine thread> (2) : not coarse <fine sand> (3) : very small <fine print> (4) : keen <a knife with a fine edge> (5) : very precise or accurate <a fine adjustment> <trying to be too fine with his pitches>

b : physically trained or hardened close to the limit of efficiency —used of an athlete or animal

3 : delicate, subtle, or sensitive in quality, perception, or discrimination <a fine distinction>

4 : superior in kind, quality, or appearance : excellent <a fine job> <a fine day> <fine wines>

5 a : ornate 1 <fine writing>

b : marked by or affecting elegance or refinement <fine manners>

6 a : very well <feel fine>

b : all right <that's fine with me>

—used as an intensive <the leader, in a fine frenzy, beheaded one of his wives — Brian Crozier>

----

Pretty sure only the bolded section applies.
Edited by Tiriél on 2/14/2013 5:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
Tell me which definition you're interpreting, cause what I'm looking at supports what I think of when I say fine.

Fine (adjective)

1 a : free from impurity

b of a metal : having a stated proportion of pure metal in the composition expressed in parts per thousand <a gold coin .9166 fine>

2 a (1) : very thin in gauge or texture <fine thread> (2) : not coarse <fine sand> (3) : very small <fine print> (4) : keen <a knife with a fine edge> (5) : very precise or accurate <a fine adjustment> <trying to be too fine with his pitches>

b : physically trained or hardened close to the limit of efficiency —used of an athlete or animal

3 : delicate, subtle, or sensitive in quality, perception, or discrimination <a fine distinction>

4 : superior in kind, quality, or appearance : excellent <a fine job> <a fine day> <fine wines>

5 a : ornate 1 <fine writing>

b : marked by or affecting elegance or refinement <fine manners>

6 a : very well <feel fine>

b : all right <that's fine with me>

—used as an intensive <the leader, in a fine frenzy, beheaded one of his wives — Brian Crozier>

----

Pretty sure only the bolded section applies.

They seemed all right to me, but needed some fixes. They were being brought to more progression than Rdruids..
Edited by Sensations on 2/14/2013 5:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/14/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Sensations
Rdruids are fine now.

So...Blizzard should revert those healing buffs in 5.2?

All those progression guilds who cut their resto druids are just dumb and should follow your lead?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
PoH shouldn't give divine aegis every cast

It's OP, I play a priest, and even I think it's OP

Strangely, it wasn't OP for all of Cata, and it wasn't OP at the start of the expansion.

It became OP when it was upped ot 50% DA, and when our mana situation was so out of control that we effectively had infinite mana with which to cast PoH all day everyday without any downsides.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
At the beginning of the expansion, I leveled my priest to 90 and got her decent for raiding and then leveled a monk and swapped to her after 2 weeks of raiding as an experiment. I kept the priest up for a while until it seemed that the monk experiment might be a success.

Our guild forum priest class discussion page had several people in with "I can't contribute decently to raid healing as discipline, help please" threads. The only real answer at the beginning of the expansion was "go see the trainer, hit respec, choose holy".

We decided to kill the monk healing experiment when we started doing attempts on H Bladelord. AoE healing that is RNG dependent vs. absorbs to prevent the need for massive AoE healing... it was a really clear choice (this being after the buffs to discipline - and realistically, a couple of PoH and a CoH from holy would probably work better than a mistweaver for unseen strike. The absorbs are just much better because the mechanic is so finicky and obnoxiously inconsistent).

I understand that the playerbase took the buffs to do things that Blizzard did not intend (at all), and that the creative use of game mechanics to use spells in ways that are non-exploiting but game breaking are resulting in massive nerfs to prevent the continuation of such "creative uses". Personally, I'm not going to deal with multiple irritating and mechanically awkward spec characteristics when I can respec and only have one (holy's chakra problem is really obnoxious in ten mans).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
And once again Sensations has found a way to derail another thread. You're like the living embodiment of a red herring.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/14/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Sensations
They seemed all right to me, but needed some fixes.

That. Is. Not. Fine.

If you bought a second hand car, and the owner said was 'fine', but it turns out that it needed a new transmission - would you be happy?

I know I wouldn't.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
02/14/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Eclipsé
Rdruids are fine now.

So...Blizzard should revert those healing buffs in 5.2?

All those progression guilds who cut their resto druids are just dumb and should follow your lead?

See now you're assuming which patch I'm referring to. But continue again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Strangely, it wasn't OP for all of Cata, and it wasn't OP at the start of the expansion.It became OP when it was upped ot 50% DA, and when our mana situation was so out of control that we effectively had infinite mana with which to cast PoH all day everyday without any downsides.

Bingo.

The issue was Spirit Shell, and the effectiveness of blanketting. There were *many* better ways to fix disc.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/14/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Sensations

As far as I know, 5.2 isn't live yet.

Sigh...I think I'm just getting trolled at this point and should probably stop feeding you. But at least it's giving this thread bumps.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you, Sensations. Your response was much kinder than mine would have been.

LMAO. They have been "searching" for a discussion of disc secondary stats, but can't find anything.(psst. You might want to look at, what, your forums maybe?)

What's that thing people are doing now? Oh yes...

02/14/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Taymage
but so far we can't find much discussion out there beyond "Well, I guess we might want more crit so PoH will give DA again."

so PoH will give DA again."

PoH

Remember that GC is part PR in what he does - this means that he can't just come out and say that people need to learn to play, learn to adapt, or just learn how to Disc in the first place. In his response, GC is saying that they can't seem to find any good discussion other than something centered around regaining current usage of PoH and/or DA.

In other words, people trying to find a way to keep playing the same way, instead of adapting. In other words, come up with something else worthwhile, because they probably are not going back to it.

I'll try to tell you, Taymage, how the Disc band-aid buffs are almost 100% the playerbase's fault, but I feel like I would be wasting my time. No offense to you personally, but it fell on deaf ears at that time, too, and I can't remember if you were present for that discussion or not. That said, I'll use my own class as a point of comparison, and hopefully my point will be clear.

If, as a Holy Paladin in early MoP, I would have tried to heal in a raid using primarily a combination of Holy Radiance, Holy Shock, and Light of Dawn (like in DS), I would have discovered that:

I had sustained throughput issues.
I had longevity issues.
I wouldn't feel that my class was viable, maybe even *broken,* compared to the others.

Do any of those sound familiar?

The problem, Taymage, is that a great many Priests only know one way to play Disc. That became very, very clear (to me) as those discussions were raging on these forums at the time. It was very disappointing, in fact, to see who some of those people were...and are.

Blizzard does not have infinite resources - this is why major changes don't happen between patches, unless something is grossly broken (in either direction). The Priest community was up in arms about their viability (and a minor chorus regarding valid mechanical issues), so Blizzard did what a business entity does - they looked at their internal metrics, saw what the majority of Disc Priests were using the most...and just buffed those things. A quick band-aid (hence my sarcastic *make it all better* comment, that was apparently missed), and the Priest crying almost immediately subsided. You could hear e-pins drop in the sudden happy silence. Was it a poor choice, from here outside the box? Of course, but it's a poor choice that they will (correctly) continue to make in the future, too.

Now, with 5.2, they have been able to take the time and resources to make *proper* changes. I don't use that word to necessarily mean correct, but to mean changes that are not just quick band-aids. We will see how all of the healing classes fare in 5.2, Disc included.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Riot, if all you're going to do is come in here and say that Priests needed to "L2play" and we were just "doin' it wrong" when you don't even have a Disc Priest, I'm just going to have to ask you, as politely as possible, to get bent.

Thanks. :)
Edited by Tiriél on 2/14/2013 5:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
HC

As far as I know, 5.2 isn't live yet.

Sigh...I think I'm just getting trolled at this point and should probably stop feeding you. But at least it's giving this thread bumps.

That's fine, not like this thread offers anything constructive in the first place. It's either a QQ CJ or someone explaining how things are done.
Edited by Sensations on 2/14/2013 5:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/14/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Sensations
That's fine, not like this thread offers anything constructive in the first place.

Elethia and Evry have both provided a lot of information to this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/14/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Sensations
That's fine, not like this thread offers anything constructive in the first place.

...Really?

So the concerns of another class, even in a thread like this with plenty of good discussion and links to better discussion (like Twistedmind's thread) aren't constructive?

I think you need to zip up your fly. Your bias is showing again.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
02/12/2013 09:17 PMPosted by Ladèn
they only care about getting there MONEY from everyone that play's WOW

there

And just like that, your post is void.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Now, with 5.2, they have been able to take the time and resources to make *proper* changes. I don't use that word to necessarily mean correct, but to mean changes that are not just quick band-aids. We will see how all of the healing classes fare in 5.2, Disc included.

But they are quick band-aids.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I don't care if I'm !@#$ty compared to other healers competitively, I'd rather just have my offensive force back.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
Riot hit the nail the on the head.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/14/2013 05:30 PMPosted by Trygveseim
I don't care if I'm !@#$ty compared to other healers competitively, I'd rather just have my offensive force back.

I'm guessing you are referring to PvP. Looks like there's no real chance of that happening.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]