Blizzard killing Disc Priest

90 Blood Elf Priest
Well, no. The numbers are still there, Caramelo, but instead of going into the green numbers you can see, they're going into the absorb you create.

Also, I always pop Inner Focus for interrupt protection. >.>
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/17/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Caramelo
What concerns me more in a PvP point of view is the lack of ways to get out of execute range.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_and_Patch_Notes_-_February_13-2_13_2013

Evangelism's stacking effect now also increases the healing of Penance.
Penance damage and healing has been increased by 20%.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/17/2013 11:49 AMPosted by Nerfheals
What concerns me more in a PvP point of view is the lack of ways to get out of execute range.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_and_Patch_Notes_-_February_13-2_13_2013

Evangelism's stacking effect now also increases the healing of Penance.
Penance damage and healing has been increased by 20%.

That's great until Penance is on CD. Do you schedule your CC trains?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
He wanted a way out of Execute range, not a CC counter. Penance is good, but it's not that good.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/17/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Nerfheals
He wanted a way out of Execute range, not a CC counter. Penance is good, but it's not that good.

The point is, no one else has a heal on a CD that is the only way to get out of Execute range. Even then, it's a percentage, not a specific number. Depending on how much Stamina your partner has (or yourself, for that matter), Penance may not bring you up out of Execute range.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
Because BLIZZARD DOESN'T CARE about what people want they only care about getting there MONEY from everyone that play's WOW

It's statements like these that causes people like GC and mvp's to avoid the forums here.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/17/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Tiriél
The point is, no one else has a heal on a CD that is the only way to get out of Execute range.

It works the other way 'round, really. Healers have short-cooldown abilities that are just perfect for escaping Execute range. For priests, it's a combo of PoM (for the setbonus effect), IF-FHeal (for the interrupt protection and crit), and penance.

5.2 is nerfing the IF-FHeal part, but buffing Penance enormously. The net effect is that priests are as capable as before of getting out of Execute range.

02/17/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Tiriél
Depending on how much Stamina your partner has (or yourself, for that matter), Penance may not bring you up out of Execute range.

At this point, you're so far dead that no patch note is going to save you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/17/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Nerfheals
It works the other way 'round, really. Healers have short-cooldown abilities that are just perfect for escaping Execute range. For priests, it's a combo of PoM (for the setbonus effect), IF-FHeal (for the interrupt protection and crit), and penance.

Remember that Crits will no longer double your heal. Bubbles do not protect you from Execute range. I have seen Execute crits tear through anything a DA can provide you with, Nerf.

5.2 is nerfing the IF-FHeal part, but buffing Penance enormously. The net effect is that priests are as capable as before of getting out of Execute range.

I want you to go test that on the PTR and then get back to me. Penance is not doing as much extra healing as you think it is. Make sure you factor in the 15% healing decrease you take when healing someone PvP flagged.

At this point, you're so far dead that no patch note is going to save you.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
Edited by Tiriél on 2/17/2013 1:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/17/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Tiriél
Make sure you factor in the 15% healing decrease you take when healing someone PvP flagged.

It's 30%.

I want you to go test that on the PTR and then get back to me. Penance is not doing as much extra healing as you think it is.

Alright, math time. Just standing around in Shrine, I cast IF-FHeal->Penance on myself, as Disc, in my pvp gear.

Flash Heal Crit: 99596
Penance tick hit: 22498
Penance tick hit: 24504
Penance tick hit: 26274

172872 healing total.
172872 * 0.7 = 121010 with Battle Fatigue.

Post 5.2, FHeal wouldn't do double healing on a crit.
99596/2 = 49798

Post 5.2, Penance would natively do 20% more, and be further buffed by Evangelism (20%).
22498 * 1.2 * 1.2 = 32397
24504 * 1.2 * 1.2 = 35285
26274 * 1.2 * 1.2 = 37834

Added up, that's 155314.

In that gear, I have 35.65% mastery. Post 5.2, that would be a 11.39% increase to all healing.

155314 * 1.1139 = 173004
173004 * 0.7 = 121102 with Battle Fatigue.

So, going from pre-patch to post-patch, we've seen an astonishing difference of... 92 healing, in favor of post-patch.

Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Holy Fire might also be worth mentioning, what with always being instant and the Atonement proc being unaffected by resilience.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/17/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Skootalloo
Holy Fire might also be worth mentioning, what with always being instant and the Atonement proc being unaffected by resilience.

The actual healing still suffers from the 30% DR, however, and it won't crit either.

Of course, testing all of this out on the PTR is tough when they haven't implemented the changes yet. lol
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
02/17/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Tiriél

The actual healing still suffers from the 30% DR, however, and it won't crit either.

Of course, testing all of this out on the PTR is tough when they haven't implemented the changes yet. lol

I think it can 'crit' in the same manner it does now, just for a different amount. Half damage with the other half in the form of DA, only critting when Holy Fire itself crits.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/17/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Skootalloo
I think it can 'crit' in the same manner it does now, just for a different amount. Half damage with the other half in the form of DA, only critting when Holy Fire itself crits.

Yeah. The objection is that bubbles don't get you out of Execute range, while actual healing does.

I don't know. I'm waiting for them to implement it on the PTR and try it out. Right now, it's really hard to tell.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

I don't know. I'm waiting for them to implement it on the PTR and try it out. Right now, it's really hard to tell.

That is the real trick. Too much speculation will drive us insane. Take a moment and wait for solid numbers from the new PTR build, before we guess ourselves into a padded room. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]