Player using a bot program

90 Orc Death Knight
This evening I was running dungeon finder with a RL friend of mine, when the group noticed 1 of our party members was AFK. We waited a bit, then finally booted and replaced the person. That player was replaced with "Thewarguy" (Warlock on Gorefiend, guild: Chaotic). After we started the next encounter, the party quickly realized that Thewarguy wasn't doing anything, he seemed to be on auto-follow. After we watched his behavior longer, we noticed his character would awkwardly move out of AoEs, and a cone attack from a boss in particular. Just to test the "bot" theory, I pointed the boss at him, and when the cone attack started he would back away from it. However, when I backed Thewarguy all the way up to a wall, when the cone attack started again, instead of just moving off to the side like a real person would do, the character started glitching and wiggling around trying to back up farther but the wall was in the way. Then he Thewarguy died from the cone.

Here is the really frustrating part of this story. When the entire group knew with certainty that he was cheating with a program, we could not kick him. Every person in the party tried to initiate a kick, and every one of us got the message that we couldn't initiate any more kicks. So, both instances of booting people were completely legitimate, and this second instance was preposterous, yet we couldn't boot him even if all of the other 4 members were in complete agreement. Very frustrating booting system, Blizzard.
A few of us proceeded to report him for cheating, and then we decided to quit the dungeon instead of dragging a piece of dead weight along the rest of the way.

The purpose of this post is to raise awareness of this player in particular on Gorefiend so that hopefully people will recognize his behavior immediately.

Good luck everyone!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
What's the guild Chaotic?
I guess I don't play enough o.o.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
This evening I was running dungeon finder with a RL friend of mine, when the group noticed 1 of our party members was AFK. We waited a bit, then finally booted and replaced the person. That player was replaced with "Thewarguy" (Warlock on Gorefiend, guild: Chaotic). After we started the next encounter, the party quickly realized that Thewarguy wasn't doing anything, he seemed to be on auto-follow. After we watched his behavior longer, we noticed his character would awkwardly move out of AoEs, and a cone attack from a boss in particular. Just to test the "bot" theory, I pointed the boss at him, and when the cone attack started he would back away from it. However, when I backed Thewarguy all the way up to a wall, when the cone attack started again, instead of just moving off to the side like a real person would do, the character started glitching and wiggling around trying to back up farther but the wall was in the way. Then he Thewarguy died from the cone.

Here is the really frustrating part of this story. When the entire group knew with certainty that he was cheating with a program, we could not kick him. Every person in the party tried to initiate a kick, and every one of us got the message that we couldn't initiate any more kicks. So, both instances of booting people were completely legitimate, and this second instance was preposterous, yet we couldn't boot him even if all of the other 4 members were in complete agreement. Very frustrating booting system, Blizzard.
A few of us proceeded to report him for cheating, and then we decided to quit the dungeon instead of dragging a piece of dead weight along the rest of the way.

The purpose of this post is to raise awareness of this player in particular on Gorefiend so that hopefully people will recognize his behavior immediately.

Good luck everyone!

It's actually against Blizzard rules to call out a player on the forums. I've seen people get bans over it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
you actually expect blizzard to give a crap about this? THEY ALLREADY HAVE YOUR MONEY, AND THE BOTTERS MONEY.

you sir have drank the koolaid
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-bots-programs/377107-reminder-allowed-programs.html
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]