Proffesional Titles

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I had a idea last night in the shower where all my other great ideas come from. (I'm probably going to regret saying that when i start seeing the posts.) What if you did amazing in your proffesion that would grant you a title for that proffesion? I have some ideas so lets start.
Blacksmith = (Name) of the Forge.
Engineer = Tinker / Mechanic (could be one for gnome and the other goblin) (Name)
Leatherworking = (i have no idea)
Jewlcrafting = Precious (name) (blizz probably could come up with something better)
Alchemy = Alchemist (name)
Inscription = Writer (name)
Enchanting = (name) the enchanter / enchantist (male and female?)
Tailoring = (Name) the sower ( i hope i spelled that right)

i think thats all (i will edit if someone posts that i missed one or if i remember)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I've seen a lot of players asking to get special class and profession specific titles lately when they reach level cap.

Not certain by you think "amazing in profession" would mean though. Is it just hitting 600? Crafting a certain number of items? (would have to vary by profession -100 items for a BS is like 2,000 for a JC)

Liked the names for Engineer.
Scribe would be better for Inscription
Tailor for Tailoring instead (personally I'd go for Seamstress but I think guys might have a problem with that and having gender specific titles for just one profession would be weird)
I think Mixologist would be more fun for Alchemy
I like BS but it would also seem out of place being a different format. Maybe Forgemaster instead?
Leatherworking is a tough one, agreed. I might go off on a wild tangent for this one and suggest Hidebound
And you forgot the gathering professions:
Skinning - Tanner
Mining - Miner
Herbalism - Harvester, maybe? or another slightly different "of the Green Thumb"
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/13/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Joynal
Herbalism - Harvester, maybe? or another slightly different "of the Green Thumb"

The Horticulturalist

And I do like this Idea. I would say they should have achieves for thoroughness on collecting Recipes in your given profession. My Goblin Tender would Love to grab a Title for having 90% of all her engineering Schematics.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Would this be a good idea to put in wow general forums or have many ideas like this been put up and it be a waste of my time trying it?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

The Horticulturalist

I thought about that but technically it's not accurate. Herbalists aren't participating in the cultivation and growth of plants, just picking them. Though it would make Herbalism more fun if there was a small chance to get seeds that could then be planted.

02/13/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Puré
Would this be a good idea to put in wow general forums or have many ideas like this been put up and it be a waste of my time trying it?

There have been multiple threads about this posted in the general and professions forums. You might want to do a forum search then add your comments to the most recent one rather than just start a new one. Never hurts to let Blizzard know there are more players out there who think it would be a good thing.

Edit: focus your attention on the Professions forum instead of General since that's where they look for profession-specific feedback. Developers avoid General like the plague unless a CM brings something to their attention.
Edited by Joynal on 2/13/2013 1:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]