Ret Pally Help

Ok i play a Ret Pally , my current specs , ilvl 478/480 , im hit and expertise capped at 7.5% , i have all my slots gemmed and everything enchanted and i have read and use all the rotations suggested.

In LFR and another Ret Pally out DPS's me so i look him up , he has the bare requirement of gear to get in LFR , he has 2 out of 6 slots gemmed , he has NO enchants , his hit is at 1.97% and his expertise is 4.88% yet he does over 50,000 dps

i look at his his top 3 damage done , his top one is a passive ability Hand Of Light that does over 30% damage

i check my top 3 and none are Hand Of Light , in fact that ability is not even on my damage meter , after seeing this i watch my damage abilities and never is Hand Of Light even in my top 3 damage done abilities

So how is this guy proc-ing a passive ability over 30% of the time??????

was it just a glitch? , did he just get lucky? , seems strange you can get a passive ability to proc that much

any ideas , any other Ret Pallys get 30% Hand Of Light procs?

and him at 1.97% hit he should be missing 70% of his swings , but apparently not
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Could you, please, recommend a few keybind/macros for ret pallies?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You might find better luck in the pally forums with this thread.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012668/

Mastery: Hand of Light
Requires Paladin (Retribution)
Requires level 80
Your Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous, Hammer of Wrath, Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm deal 15.0% additional damage as Holy damage.

If you are new to the rotation for ret, I suggest using clcret as a rotation helper on single target fights.

This is a straight copy from www.icy-veins.com/retribution-paladin-wow-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities#

1. Single Target Rotation

The single target rotation for Retribution Paladins follows a priority system.

• Keep up Inquisition Icon Inquisition (ideally with 3 Holy Power).
  • Cast Templar's Verdict Icon Templar's Verdict (when you have 5 Holy Power).
  • Cast Hammer of Wrath Icon Hammer of Wrath on cooldown
    It is only available when the target is below 20% health or when Avenging Wrath Icon Avenging Wrath is active.
  • Cast Exorcism Icon Exorcism on cooldown (it generates Holy Power).
  • Cast Crusader Strike Icon Crusader Strike on cooldown (it generates Holy Power).
  • Cast Judgment Icon Judgment on cooldown (it generates Holy Power).
  • Cast Templar's Verdict Icon Templar's Verdict (when you have 3 Holy Power).

• 2. Multiple Target Rotation

The multiple target (AoE) rotation is based on the same priority system as the single target one. As the number of targets you are facing increases, certain changes occur, as follows:

• Against 2 targets, replace Templar's Verdict Icon Templar's Verdict with Divine Storm Icon Divine Storm.
  • Against 4 targets, replace Crusader Strike Icon Crusader Strike with Hammer of the Righteous Icon Hammer of the Righteous
  • Against 8 targets, replace Seal of Truth Icon Seal of Truth with Seal of Righteousness Icon Seal of Righteousness.
  • 3. Cooldown Usage

As a Retribution Paladin, you only have 2 DPS cooldowns by default. For best results, you should use them as we describe below:

• Avenging Wrath Icon Avenging Wrath should be used as many times as possible during the encounter. You can delay using this ability slightly in order to stack with Heroism Icon Heroism/Bloodlust Icon Bloodlust/Time Warp Icon Time Warp or a phase of the fight where the boss takes increased damage. It is also highly beneficial to stack it with Guardian of Ancient Kings Icon Guardian of Ancient Kings whenever possible (see below).
  • Guardian of Ancient Kings Icon Guardian of Ancient Kings should be used as many times as possible during an encounter. For the best results, you should first activate Guardian of Ancient Kings, and then, 10 seconds later, cast Avenging Wrath Icon Avenging Wrath.
  • Edited by Kezmaefele on 2/13/2013 10:56 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    Kez, that is exactly what I already do.... I'm looking for a well written macro like discussed above.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    Honestly, the way wow is now you have to successfully track your abilities and know what to use and when it's available. I suggest using an add-on like power aura or anything that lets you know when

1. You have 3 or 5 holy power (depending on your level). Use Templars Verdict when this is true.
    2. Crusader strike is available.
    3. how much time is left on inquisition if less than 5 seconds you usually want to refresh.

If inquisition doesnt need to be refreshed and templars verdict and crusader strike are on CD use judgment and excorcism (watch your procs for excorcism, wow does this for you).

Obviously use your CD's whenever possible etc. Also, keybind and macro your most used abilities (i.e. templars verdict, crusader strike, judgement, etc).

As far as macros go... You are limited on how you can create these now. You use to be able to use cast sequence and bind multiple spells to one button in a macro. Now you can only do this for spells that don't cause a GCD. So really while macros may be a nice to have they aren't necessary to do great DPS.
    Edited by Spanknasty on 2/13/2013 11:11 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    Sorry, but none of the above has helped with finding an already written macro... I guess I will just write one out myself... ty for trying.
    Reply Quote
    well i agree with Expetra , i already do this rotation and my passive ability Hand Of Light procs 3% of the time , not 30%

i'll keep tracking it though

i followed the link they are saying no Macros needed for Ret pallys

i still say his 1.97% hit rating shows what a joke this stat is for the dps he put out

and yeah move this to the pally forum , sorry didn't know it existed or i'd have put it there
    Edited by Paladinger on 2/13/2013 11:34 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    A macro to do what? People are asking for a macro but all macros do is allow you to cast multiple spells with a single button. The way the game works now you can't just put all your spells in a single macro and just spam it, so I'm not sure what you guys are looking for??

Good DPS = knowing when to cast which spell and properly managing your CDs. There is no macro for this.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    02/13/2013 11:02 AMPosted by Expetra
    Kez, that is exactly what I already do.... I'm looking for a well written macro like discussed above.

If you find a magic macro that makes your Hand of Light proc more often then I would be very interested in hearing about it.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    02/13/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Paladinger
    well i agree with Expetra , i already do this rotation and my passive ability Hand Of Light procs 3% of the time , not 30%

Something is very wrong then. You aren't following the rotation or something.

A magic macro isn't going to going to magically fix HoL procing only 3% of the time.

There is no magic keybind or magic macro. You need to learn the proper rotations and apply them in the right situations at the right times.
    Reply Quote
    100 Blood Elf Paladin
    ...Hand of Light is not a "proc." It's extra holy damage attached to Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous, Hammer of Wrath, Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm... Everything you do uses our mastery. If you don't see it in your damage breakdown, your mastery is low. Keep Inquisition up 100% of the time. Even in crap gear Hand of Light should be high up on your damage break down. My only guess is you aren't actually hitting enough.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    There is no macro, and HoL is not a proc. It' consistent holy damage added to your damaging abilities. Maybe he was stacking mastery on his gear, which is bad.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]