Rocket Fuel Leak

100 Blood Elf Hunter
76k tics
you guys at Blizzard are always saying you guys are trying to make the game "cool".... well do you know whats not cool? 75k tics from rocket fuel leak. i'm so tired of this happening i'm considering dropping ENG as a profession because of how "uncool" it is.
Blizzard, if you don't like rocket belt/ boots, then get rid of it. don't try to phase out its relevance by making it super aggravating 20% of the time.
Edited by Oilers on 2/12/2013 12:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
That escalated quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Engineering HAS to have the chance to backfire.

Imagine if it didn't. Literally everyone but hardcore Arena players would feel forced to take Engineering for the on-demand ultra-sprint (or belt tinker of your choice) and on-demand sprint down hills (or cape tinker of your choice).

You're already basically forced to take Engineering for world-class Challenge Modes and pray you don't get a backfire. Imagine if there was no backfire. We might as well just give everyone Engineering and one primary profession.
Reply Quote
92 Undead Mage
I maintain the stance I've always had: the failures are half the reason I'm an engineer in the first place. I think it's hilarious, and every time I push the sprint button, I'm ready for a murphy to claim me. Then again, I usually have Ice Block on hand to save my bony !@#.

Just last night, I got picked for Feng's AoE debuff in the last phase of his 10reg fight right as his giant AoE finished, and since I used Blink to get into the null barrier, I wanted to boost out like a boss.

Folks on vent heard some unfortunate grunting noises.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Do you want a profession to make gold or a profession to provide perks?

Gold wise, engineering has never been profitable, it was always the "fun" profession, with the majority of its toys and gadgets requiring engineering.

Perk wise, in the hands of a skilled player, the synapse springs are the second best profession perk in the game. If you suck as a player, then any crafting profession will provide the same 320 agility bonus to your hunter.

Personally, I think dropping engineering because you don't like one of the gadgets is about as dumb as dropping leatherworking because you already have better PvP gear, or dropping jewelcrafting because none of the jewelry is purple.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
02/13/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Atamynn
I maintain the stance I've always had: the failures are half the reason I'm an engineer in the first place. I think it's hilarious, and every time I push the sprint button, I'm ready for a murphy to claim me. Then again, I usually have Ice Block on hand to save my bony !@#.

I'm happy with the occasional backfire. I loved the rocket boost back when all it did was launch me in the air sometimes. It's spectacular! But the fuel leak is anything but. Instead of making you the centre of attention, you die slowly and quietly. At the very least, the fuel leak needs to give some eye candy so that I can die awesomely.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
02/12/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Bobmuffins
You're already basically forced to take Engineering for world-class Challenge Modes and pray you don't get a backfire. Imagine if there was no backfire. We might as well just give everyone Engineering and one primary profession.

For PVE, it's also pretty amazing with a frontloaded on-demand use, and there's no use trinkets in T15!

Plus fragbombs are like an extra 1% damage on single target and huge on fights like Sha of Fear Heroic P2.

So for raiding purposes, for Mages at least, it crushes other professions.
Edited by Digerati on 2/14/2013 1:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
The only backfire that's truly obnoxious is the invisibility field. I swear it waits to check for failure until you're in aggro range of an enemy, then keeps checking every second you're close to one, and repeats the roll for every enemy you're close to.

The chance for failure isn't a problem, but if it jumps up to 999/1000 chance, that sucks.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Being an engineer is like playing a Warlock. Sometimes you have to sacrifice something to use something, and in both cases, it's your health.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
So don't use the speed boost. NO other profession gets perks like this
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/14/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Tritha
I loved the rocket boost back when all it did was launch me in the air sometimes.

This right here saved my life twice in a single Tol'Barad battle. I got launched up in the air, popped the parachute and turned on Aspect of the Fox, and then rained down arrows into Horde skulls from just beyond their reach.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I enjoy the rocket fuel leak.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I was content on the causual blasting in the AIR hey im an ENG thats why i have a parachute, but 80% of your health is total BS no matter how you try to make it sound. Not only that if your're not at full health it will kill you. It really sucks to have it back fire if you pop your boots to help you avoid a boss mechanic, and bam our dead from 60k 70k dots
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Learn to laugh at the self-mutilation or don't use them. Belt tinkers are not intended to be reliable.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
If it had a 100% success rate then it would be a compulsory profession for anyone that's serious about the game, glove tinkers are our professional combat buff which is inline with other professional perks. All the little fun things we have are just extras if you don't like them don't use them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Im just happy the rocket fuel link is no longer 120% of your maximum health like it was in Cata, it was really annoying to use your belt to take a shortcut from the back of the deeprun tram to the entrance of it and die before you got there. Course, with mists, any eng with the goblin glider tinker (which doesn't end till you hit the ground, despite its 2 min duration) the launch you in the air backfire actually is better in some situations than the dash itself, as ranged and melee have a hard time killing an airborne target. if it didn't backfire, then blizz would be dictating what profession to use for pvp since everyone would want the extra guaranteed escape or gap closer dash.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
02/27/2013 08:46 AMPosted by Eurugan
Im just happy the rocket fuel link is no longer 120% of your maximum health like it was in Cata, it was really annoying to use your belt to take a shortcut from the back of the deeprun tram to the entrance of it and die before you got there

This is why I think they need to improve the intelligence of the backfire. Not in combat? Works most of the time. In combat but not in a group? Works the majority of the time. In combat and in a group? Current failure rate. Sucks to die when you are simply racing guildmates back to a boss after a wipe.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]