why do people complain about mage damage?

100 Human Mage
I feel like I don't even do that much compared to warriors, spriests, locks, ferals, or dk's... our burst is good but all of theirs is just as good or better
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Even though it's the damage people complain about, it really just comes down to the cc classes have. A warrior wouldn't even be a threat without shockwave, spriests fear, feral clones, or dk's silences.

People complain about mages because we've always been a class that's had heavy control/cc in games. If you've ever had your deep trinketed or dispelled you'll know how little damage you can pull off without it. As far as comparing our damage/burst to other classes, you're not going to find a difference. Every class can pull off crazy damage if let alone to do it, it's just what cc they can use while doing it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
lol, that makes a lot of sense now that I think about it. Why aren't you one of those green people?

ty =D
Reply Quote
Smoovie said it right on point. Also dispells hinder the mage damage and control by a very large amount as opposed to most melee classes.
Edited by Blazely on 2/12/2013 4:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Im not trying to sound like an elitist cause im not lol but you would see a significant difference in damage if you were ful malv like most of the people you are most likely encountering. But other than that Smoovie sumed it up perfectly.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
02/12/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Veruxz
I feel like I don't even do that much compared to warriors, spriests, locks, ferals, or dk's... our burst is good but all of theirs is just as good or better

I think you're mixing up PVP and PVE.

I haven't seen many complaints about mage damage in PVP. As you pointed out, mage burst damage isn't that great.

Where the complaints are coming from is PVE. PVE is usually all about sustained damage rather than burst damage. Raiding mages are doing quite well in PVE now. Together with affliction locks they often top the meters on raid boss fights.
Edited by Mistwynd on 2/12/2013 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Yeah I was only talking about pvp.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Where the complaints are coming from is PVE. PVE is usually all about sustained damage rather than burst damage. Raiding mages are doing quite well in PVE now. Together with affliction locks they often top the meters on raid boss fights.

Scorch weaving boost arcane damage to much. Even then, it is not that much higher then most classes. And a lot of it is the 'stars align' just right and everything looks great on the rankings.

But in today's environment I am convinced if every class was within .001% of each other, the one class that was the 'highest' would still be complained about.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/12/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Veruxz
Why aren't you one of those green people?

I don't care enough to constantly perform with etiquette... I only frequent here here to try and help.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
02/12/2013 05:05 PMPosted by Mistwynd
mage burst damage isn't that great.

what.

Mage burst damage is stupid great.

Mage sustained is pathetic.

02/12/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Smoovie
I don't care enough to constantly perform with etiquette... I only frequent here here to try and help.

Smoovie goes to big to be green.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Mage
You might as well ask why bees make honey.

Why the sun rises in the east.

Why birds suddenly appear every time you are near.
100 Orc Shaman

it would make me absurdly happy if i found the answer to this question at lhiveras-library.com
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Mage
When I'm feeling a little more secure about this house not falling on my head or bursting into flame or vomiting up an apocalyptic swarm of locusts or something, I'll get the library updated with 5.2 info and a Carpenters lyric!
100 Orc Shaman
02/12/2013 08:45 PMPosted by Lhivera
When I'm feeling a little more secure about this house not falling on my head or bursting into flame or vomiting up an apocalyptic swarm of locusts or something,

not sure if remodeling, or, relentless blaspheming...
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Mage
I bought a 98 year old house. It has some issues.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

it would make me absurdly happy if i found the answer to this question at lhiveras-library.com

Just like me, they long to be close to yoooooooooou!
Edited by Mordekai on 2/12/2013 9:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
02/12/2013 08:56 PMPosted by Lhivera
I bought a 98 year old house. It has some issues.

Scary :o
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Let me put it into a duel perspective from the point of view of my lock. How fair does it seem to be taken from full to about 30k hp in 1 deepfreeze with my gear? (NOT CLAIMING THAT DUELS ARE VALID DAMAGE CHECKS) but u gotta admit that that kind of damage in a 4 second stun is a little retarded
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

That is a great question. The pigeons can get annoying.

And that stare.... *shudders*
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You lied to me
Cause she said she'd never turn on me
You lied to me
But you did, but you did
You lied to me
All this pain you said I'd never feel
You lied to me
But I do, but I do, do, do
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]