I really dislike inquisition

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Inquisition is pretty terrible, its boring, annoying and quite uninspiring. Keeping it up is a chore, and no I am NOT saying its hard to keep up. Its just that whenever I click the button, I don't feel rewarded in anyways, it has no excitement attached to it.

Don't get me wrong, ret NEEDS inquisition, and not just for the damage buff. I couldn't imagine how jaded the spec would be if all you had to do was spam TV. Infact I wish I had to inquisition more often. But I do wish it could do some damage when I hit the button, or at the very least have a cool shiny effect... If I cant damage my enemy at least I can bedazzle them.

After playing a monk most of this expansion, they are forced to keep up a buff and debuff... and its fun to do. The most important debuff for a monk is tied to their strongest attack, why cant inquisition be as rewarding as that?

Now you might say "well rogues and feral druids have to keep up a lame buff", and your right... they do. But let me ask you.. how many rogues and ferals have you seen in pve? No one plays them as far as I can tell, and those that do I commend you. I mean, rogues have been the least represented class for how long?

I know I am not max level, and maybe in time I will learn to love refreshing inquisition and seeing that lil glow at my feet. But right now I feel I have to refresh it every mob I go to, only to have half of it go away as I run to the next one. Whenever I hit inquisition I just go "ugh"... like I will literally look at my computer and just say "ugh" and make a face.

TLDR: Inquisition needs more zazziness. It needs an effect that makes me smile as I unleash its fury on a unsuspecting gnome. Make me want to click it and not just have too. And this is all my opinion.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Inq needs to be more like Slice and Dice and Savage Roar! They have more 'zazziness' as you put it.... Right? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT?

Oh wait, nevermind.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You are complaining that your 30% bonus dmg and 10% crit isn't shiny enough. Is that about right?

Well OP... that's, like, your opinion.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I know I am not max level, and maybe in time I will learn to love refreshing inquisition and seeing that lil glow at my feet..

Sadly, I doubt you will. About the only way they could make it fun for me is if kate upton popped on to my lap whenever Inq is used.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
come 5.2, a 30-second inq can be refreshed back to 30 seconds with just one holy charge as long as we refresh it before it runs out, right? am i reading the patch notes correctly?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
No, you are wrong. The only way to refresh Inquisition is to have 3 HP, and then it refreshes to 30 secs. Right now we can refresh inquisition with 1, 2, or 3 HP, but that refreshes to 10 secs, 20 secs, and 30 secs. In 5.2 we can only refresh to max (30 secs) with 3 HP.
Reply Quote
71 Tauren Paladin
They should just have TV refresh it like Envenom does for S&D
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/12/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Kraniel
come 5.2, a 30-second inq can be refreshed back to 30 seconds with just one holy charge as long as we refresh it before it runs out, right? am i reading the patch notes correctly?

As I understand it, they're simply making it so that you can't accidentally waste Holy Power on Inq if the expenditure would reduce its duration. So let's say Inq is at 25s and you have two HoPo and accidentally hit your Inq button; currently on Live, you lose five seconds on Inq, where with next patch nothing will happen. But we should still be able to refresh, say, a 15s Inq with two HoPo to gain five seconds.

We're not Rogues, we do not have their resource issues - so, no. And people need to stop perpetuating that bad idea.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 2/12/2013 8:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
02/12/2013 01:24 AMPosted by Veleos
I mean, rogues have been the least represented class for how long?

SND isn't the reason why rogues aren't popular.

No. Unless you are advocating them giving us Divine Rupture that we have to keep up while they cut our Holy Power generation by 50%
Edited by Penida on 2/12/2013 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
No, you are wrong. The only way to refresh Inquisition is to have 3 HP, and then it refreshes to 30 secs. Right now we can refresh inquisition with 1, 2, or 3 HP, but that refreshes to 10 secs, 20 secs, and 30 secs. In 5.2 we can only refresh to max (30 secs) with 3 HP.

They should change that to work like Savage Defense, where if you use it while active, the full normal duration is *added* to the current duration, rather than *replacing* the current duration. Otherwise you're wasting resources if you refresh early, and if you wait till the last second, it might interfere with some other proc or ability coming off cooldown.

Also, do the same for Slice and Dice and Savage Roar.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Inquisition filters out the mouthbreathers. We're a fairly low maintenence spec to begin with.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Paladin
It may have changed somewhat with Mists, but sure enough, the bulk of Rogues' PvE game was always juggling uptimes. The only change I could possibly ask for with Inquisition would in fact be a pretty graphic or a distinctive little sound when it turns on or refreshes. I always thought it would be cool for a Ret's weapon to trail holy light in its wake constantly when some special effect was on.

Make my weapon shiny and zappy!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Even taking it off the gcd would be nice.

You are complaining that your 30% bonus dmg and 10% crit isn't shiny enough. Is that about right?

Well OP... that's, like, your opinion.

Im just saying its boring. You know in vanilla all paladins did was spam buffs, would people say giving your team 10% extra stats isnt good enough? Thats not really the point...

effective =/= fun, thats what my opinion is about :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Fair enough. Maybe I've played paladin too long when the only problem I have with the class is that I like the class.

Taking the Jaded Goggles off, Paladin could stand to be funner and shinier. I feel the class has always been very deliberate, if I'm using that word right... second language and all. Very slow and solid. And it's never really bothered me. Now though, with things as they are, Paladins do feel off. I'm not sure if adding more flash is the answer. Just better designed spells and effects, really.

Maintenance buffs aren't fun, but then again, they weren't designed to be. Take the good with the bad, I guess.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
What do you suggest replace it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
But without Inquisition I'd have no reason to press 5 on my keyboard. D;
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]