Powershot!!

90 Human Hunter
is fixed! Now it is the top choice in 90 tier for PvP! Im pumped!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
It's gonna be nice to get to play around with it for kicks and not be hellishly confused when nothing happens.
Reply Quote
powershot master race <-
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
02/13/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Yuyn
It's gonna be nice to get to play around with it for kicks and not be hellishly confused when nothing happens.

Yes, it is an amazing opener while in stealth :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Still hard to use in mid-fight :S
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Powershot is oftenly compared to Chaos Bolt.... but....

CD : 1min vs None
Crit : Hunter base crit vs Always crit
Cast time : 3sec vs 3sec

I think Powershot should be a 2sec cast to compensate for the 1min CD.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Well not mid fight... An opener. The other option glaive toss had a snare and low damage. So you arent giving up much for a great opener. I can still do insane damage mid fight with my cooldowns, so i wont be missing glaive toss at all..
Reply Quote
Ive used powershot since mop came out and love it. When you use an ice trap or spider root/ crane sleep to set it up it rarely misses, problem is noobs just cast it freely on moving targets and then complain when it bugs without putting in any effort on their end. The other night in Gilneas I crit a monk for 356k... Glaive toss doesn't even compare lol. It truly shines when you get your t2 elite weap <3
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Ive used powershot since mop came out and love it. When you use an ice trap or spider root/ crane sleep to set it up it rarely misses, problem is noobs just cast it freely on moving targets and then complain when it bugs without putting in any effort on their end. The other night in Gilneas I crit a monk for 356k... Glaive toss doesn't even compare lol. It truly shines when you get your t2 elite weap <3

Yeah when i used powershot i used the monkey blind, then casted it. Now i can save that cc for a healer :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I use and will still use it. I just think it could be a bit better for a 1min CD.
Reply Quote
Powershot is oftenly compared to Chaos Bolt.... but....

CD : 1min vs None
Crit : Hunter base crit vs Always crit
Cast time : 3sec vs 3sec

I think Powershot should be a 2sec cast to compensate for the 1min CD.

Yeah. Chaos Bolt hits one target and can be interrupted. Powershot cannot unless the Hunter is stunned. Powershot hits ALL targets in between you and the target for half the damage to the current target AND knocks all of them back, thus interrupting any heals or damaging abilities they may have been casting. Oh, and the cast can be started from Camouflage. I would take Powershot over Chaos Bolt any day
Edited by Skezixx on 2/15/2013 12:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
02/15/2013 12:20 AMPosted by Skezixx
Powershot cannot unless the Hunter is stunned.

Plenty of other ways to "interrupt" it. You can't use Kick for it, no, but you can't kick most ranged weapon/melee weapon abilities, yet only ranged attacks get called out as uninterruptable.

Look at it this way, it isn't that it is a "OP" spell cast that can't be interrupted, it is a gimped physical attack that is stuck with a cast time (the majority of physical attacks are all instant, and the majority of those that are not, are hunter abilities).

Powershot hits ALL targets in between you and the target for half the damage to the current target AND knocks all of them back, thus interrupting any heals or damaging abilities they may have been casting.

The area of effect is a narrow window, and that window is partially controlled by the hunter, and majorly controlled by the target (who can move) and any target potentially caught in the path of the shot. At a 3 second cast, you won't be interrupting heals or casts except on a very infrequent basis. Tauren's racial will be more consistent than that.

Oh, and the cast can be started from Camouflage. I would take Powershot over Chaos Bolt any day

I haven't tried recently, but last I recall, starting a cast breaks Camo, FYI. It is a minor perk, not a major one.

02/14/2013 04:12 PMPosted by Bubgrib
It is fun for blowing stupid people off of cliffs, that's for sure, but I'm sure I'll switch back to Barrage when the fun factor wears off. Barrage is just so much more useful it seems to me in pvp.

...umm....maybe if you don't use CC? +)
...Barrage is a fun ability, no question, but it does have a tendency to be a bit much on the "trigger happy" side. +)
Edited by Verdash on 2/15/2013 6:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Hunter
where is the post that is saying it is fixed? haven't found a blue post or a hotfix page. (i thought it was 5.2 that it was getting fixed)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_and_Patch_Notes_-_February_13-2_13_2013
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Hunter
oh, for PTR. so it is 5.2 that its fixed.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
02/15/2013 07:08 AMPosted by Beastsquared
oh, for PTR. so it is 5.2 that its fixed.

Yup, which will probably be here in about two and a half weeks. So Soon(TM) we will have it fixed.
Edited by Yuyn on 5/6/2013 8:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oo working powershot!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]