Druid Resto Naga

90 Troll Druid
Dear fellow Druids!

I've recently switched my secondary spec from boomie to resto and have started to aquire gear via MoP zones. However, I do still have some LFR from before I quit that gives me a full resto gear set.

For those that HAVE a Naga mouse with the 12 thumb buttons, what do you have bound to

1?
2?
3?
4?
5?

etc etc? I'm SOOOO used to my shammy resto that, HoT resto'ing is driving me crazy vs the straight heals and chain healing. Thanks! :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For me its
1: lifebloom
2: rejuvenation
3: swiftmend
4: wild growth
5: cure disease spell ( I forgot exact name)
6: regrowth
7: nourish
8: natures swiftness + healing touch
9: ironbark

All set as mouseover macros
Use it how it feels right
Edited by Tasmanica on 2/14/2013 3:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I use a Logitech G600, so basically the same thing.

1: Nourish
2: Healing Touch
3: Lifebloom
4: Wild Growth
5: Swiftmend
6: Ironbark
7: Tranq
8: Incarnation
9: Innervate
10: Plant Mushroom
11: Bloom Mushroom
12: Battle Res

Other stuff:
Left click = Rejuv
Right click = Regowth
Q = Dispel

02/13/2013 08:04 PMPosted by Tasmanica
nourish ( not used, I promise)

I sincerely hope that is a joke.
Edited by Lavathing on 2/13/2013 11:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hi, As a experience resto druid in pvp, i would certainly not put lifebloom on your naga,
Use your keyboard for those things, i use my naga for longish cooldowns- stuff i dont always need such as: Ns, tree form, innervate, bear form, cat form, dispel (questionable).
But yeah use your Naga so you don't spam it, because you can play better with core abilities on your keyboard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
how often do you use nourish lava. Id love to know. I read conflicting info about it on the forums. I'm just a lfr casual but i will take any advice on improving .
Though I don't have my mushies on the mouse yet 11 & 12 are annoying to get to sometimes. Might give it a try and see if I can get used to it
Edited by Tasmanica on 2/14/2013 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Hi, As a experience resto druid in pvp, i would certainly not put lifebloom on your naga,
Use your keyboard for those things, i use my naga for longish cooldowns- stuff i dont always need such as: Ns, tree form, innervate, bear form, cat form, dispel (questionable).
But yeah use your Naga so you don't spam it, because you can play better with core abilities on your keyboard.

This is very similar to the setup I used with my Naga when raiding Firelands and Dragon Soul. Having an extra 12 keybinds available without having to worry about alt/shift/control modifiers was a huge benefit. I also kept each row themed: defensive cooldowns on one row, mobility cooldowns on another, etc.

Core rotation abilities fit perfectly on 1-7 and F1-F5 on your keyboard, leaving me a lto of open space for situational/reactive stuff on the Naga.

Sadly, lingering pain from an injury have made using a mouse right-handed impractical, so now I'm stuck using an ambidextrous gaming mouse until Razer follows through on their promise of a Left-handed model.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Mmm, I switched to the Naga about two years ago, excellent choice!

For me:

1 - Nourish S1 - Tranquility
2 - Rejuvenation S2 - Innervate
3 - Healing Touch S3 - Wild Mushroom - Bloom
4 - Swiftmend S4 - Nature's Swiftness
5 - Lifebloom S5 - Ironbark
6 - Nature's Cure
7 - Wild Growth S7 - Wild Mushroom
8 - Regrowth
9 - Moonfire
10 - Wrath
11 - Situational
12 - Situational

That's my personal layout, I also use Mouse Over Macros to facilitate my healing.

My recommendation to you is to put your hand on your mouse, and figure out what buttons you're most comfortable reaching. I have a friend who only uses 1-6 because he cannot comfortably reach 7-12. Once you figure out what you're most comfortable using, bind your most used spells (probably LB, RJ, SM and WG) to easily reached buttons. From there just fill in the blanks.

Eventually you wont even think twice about what buttons do what ^_^
Edited by Atalyx on 2/14/2013 10:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
how often do you use nourish lava. Id love to know. I read conflicting info about it on the forums. I'm just a lfr casual but i will take any advice on improving .
Though I don't have my mushies on the mouse yet 11 & 12 are annoying to get to sometimes. Might give it a try and see if I can get used to it

The only time that I use Nourish personally is when there is LITERALLY no other damage, I just cast it on the tank I have LB on to refresh it. It's too long a cast, costs too much mana, and does not do enough healing to be an effective heal at the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Mmm, I switched to the Naga about two years ago, excellent choice!

For me:

1 - Nourish S1 - Tranquility
2 - Rejuvenation S2 - Innervate
3 - Healing Touch S3 - Wild Mushroom - Bloom
4 - Swiftmend S4 - Nature's Swiftness
5 - Lifebloom S5 - Ironbark
6 - Nature's Cure
7 - Wild Growth S7 - Wild Mushroom
8 - Regrowth
9 - Moonfire
10 - Wrath
11 - Situational
12 - Situational

That's my personal layout, I also use Mouse Over Macros to facilitate my healing.

My recommendation to you is to put your hand on your mouse, and figure out what buttons you're most comfortable reaching. I have a friend who only uses 1-6 because he cannot comfortably reach 7-12. Once you figure out what you're most comfortable using, bind your most used spells (probably LB, RJ, SM and WG) to easily reached buttons. From there just fill in the blanks.

Eventually you wont even think twice about what buttons do what ^_^

I would find that very annoying, having lifebloom and swiftmend abilities that you use the most, should defiantly be on the keyboard. But, if it comfortable for you, then go right ahead :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Let me start off by saying... JEALOUS lol.

Now with that said. All these resto druids having nourish still keybound... GET RID OF IT such a damn waste of a spell.

I have a low grade 7 button mouse and it does everything for me. Considering I use it with Vuhdo it makes my job just so much easier.

Your most accessible buttons you need are and in this order: So really whatever fits your mouse gameplay easier
LB
rejuv
WG
SM
Regrowth
Nature's Cure
HT
Iron Bark
Tranquility (macro with profession springs or lifeblood)
ToL/NV (macro) if you even pick Inc/NV
innervate (mod: shift) trinket regen

I wont tell you where to put them on your mouse, because everyone is different but that is pretty much the priority in which you will use your spells. I tend to keep big CD's away from everything else in case there is a misclick.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
i also use my naga for my more situational spells rather than rotational.

1- nature's swiftness
2- barkskin
3-war stomp
4- ironbark
5- cyclone
6- ursol's vortex
7- entangling roots
8- pvp trinket
9- faerie fire
10- flight form
11- land mount
12- tree of life

some of these i could really switch around (lol land mount). my hots and other stuff are all keybound.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]