Lost Authenticator, no *Valid* Gov. Issued ID

I lost my authenticator so I said whatever, I'll just go and use the iPhone app that I have should have switched to a long time ago.

So I went to the page and realised I had to remove the authenticator with 2 codes from it.....Obviously I can't get those if I lost it, so I went to the other page that lets you delete the authenticator using an I.D. and such....Well I'm 17 and don't have a license....All I have is my highschool I.D. and a driving permit that expired 2 years ago.

I'm not sure the policy on expired I.D.s because I could see why they wouldn't take them....but I'm posting here to see if someone can clarify whether either of those 2 I.D.s will work.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Why not get a state ID instead? I'm pretty sure it has to be a valid (as in not expired) government issued ID.

The IDs that are accepted should be listed on the forum.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I don't know about America, but I know in Aus, expired photo ID (drivers licences, proof of age cards) are not legally able to be used as ID. I imagine it would be the same as here though.

Might be easier to put in a ticket, explaining you only have those 2 forms of ID. See what they say?
Reply Quote
92 Human Death Knight
and a driving permit that expired 2 years ago.

If it is the type of permit that works as a valid ID, just renew it. Or get yourself a state ID.

Otherwise, if you are a minor, I believe Blizzard will also accept a copy of your birth certificate.
Reply Quote
3 Night Elf Hunter
In most states you can get a government issued i.d. card at age 16.
Reply Quote
Thanks everyone for the help, I went through a search of my entire house, only to be disappointed. I was resigned to going to get myself an I.D. as soon as possible....when it fell out of the pocket of a pair of pajama pants.

Note to self: empty pockets, always.

So thanks everyone for the advice and time! /cheer /thank
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
02/14/2013 02:50 PMPosted by Saxen
Note to self: empty pockets, always.

Glad you found your authenticator! I've done that before... but with my ID! :P

If you're going to keep using the keyfob one, might I suggest either attaching it to your monitor with velcro, or attaching the keyfob itself to a lanyard and looping that around the base of your monitor?
Reply Quote
Yup, this has scared me into finding a better place of keeping it....connected to a very bright lanyard or something lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/14/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Saxen
Yup, this has scared me into finding a better place of keeping it....connected to a very bright lanyard or something lol

If you've got a cell phone, add SMS Protect so that you can remove a lost authenticator more easily.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I guess that's why you are required to be 18 to register an account in your own name.

Your parents should be able to assist since you are not old enough to legally bind yourself to a Blizzard account on your own.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Actually, didn't that change with the whole Real ID thing? That kids can have the account in their own names now, providing they have parental permission?
Reply Quote
21 Orc Warrior
I keep my authenticator on a nail hug up behind my monitor. This only works, of course, in living situation where you trust who you live with ( wouldn't do this at a dorm) but in an apartment with myself and my fiance, it is a good set-up.

I also write down the codes (restore and serial) and put them on a little piece of paper and in my wallet.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/14/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Ambermist
If you're going to keep using the keyfob one, might I suggest either attaching it to your monitor with velcro, or attaching the keyfob itself to a lanyard and looping that around the base of your monitor?

I'd also recommend copying down the serial number on the Authenticator. If you do lose it, that can help if you need to contact Billing and Account Services to have it removed.

As Cloudmender mentioned, if you have a cell phone you may look into the SMS Protect option. It can help you to manage your various security options.

I'm glad you were able to find it, Saxen.

02/14/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Graybow
I guess that's why you are required to be 18 to register an account in your own name.

That is not actually a requirement. You must be 13+ to create a Battle.net account in your name, though if you are under 18 your parents are supposed to review the Terms of Use and accept them on your behalf. Parental controls should also be set up as part of the process.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]