Touch of Karma glitching?

I don't know what's exactly causing it but sometimes I'll put Touch of Karma on an enemy and still get all of my incoming damage. I saw it happen twice on a rogue and then a mage, but the symbol is still up, it's still up as a buff for me, but it's just not working. Has this happened to anyone else before?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Is this through the whole duration of the buff?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
I have experienced it while fighting rare mobs too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It rarely happens on my monk but it has happened to me before
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Don't know if this is your problem but there is a cap of your max health on it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This happens when you get over damage of your health. Read the tooltip.

I my opinion the symbol should disapear, but i does not.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If they get rid of karma on themselves, i.e. block for mage, cloak for rogues, bubble for pally, you lose the shield. It's pretty lame considering karma is our main defensive, but that's what happens when blizzard is determined to make sure that monks aren't a top tier class.
Reply Quote
Cloak doesn't get rid of it(it gets rid of the dot portion, though), but anything that would remove physical debuffs does (BoP, Bubble, Block, Alter Time, are the only ones I can think of that specifically do this).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
This happens when you get over damage of your health. Read the tooltip.

I my opinion the symbol should disapear, but i does not.

02/16/2013 09:02 PMPosted by Teslabeam
If they get rid of karma on themselves, i.e. block for mage, cloak for rogues, bubble for pally, you lose the shield. It's pretty lame considering karma is our main defensive, but that's what happens when blizzard is determined to make sure that monks aren't a top tier class.

Happened on some random Hozen in Jade Forest, so no, none of those conditions actually happened.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
How much incoming damage were you actually taking? Remember that it only absorbs to your max health, so in a high damage encounter it may seem like it didn't do anything.
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Nïtrogen
Is this through the whole duration of the buff?

Yeah, the whole time.

02/16/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Zifuèr
Don't know if this is your problem but there is a cap of your max health on it.

I know that, it just didn't work at all. As soon as I put it on the guy, I continued taking damage. Symbols still there and all but I'm still hurting.

02/16/2013 09:02 PMPosted by Teslabeam

I was fighting a Shadow Priest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Yeah that's odd then. I know it happens sometimes when you're fighting a warrior or another monk who can reflect the ToK back to you with Spell Reflect/Diffuse Magic/Opponent's ToK.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/18/2013 07:27 AMPosted by Wãve
Yeah that's odd then. I know it happens sometimes when you're fighting a warrior or another monk who can reflect the ToK back to you with Spell Reflect/Diffuse Magic/Opponent's ToK.

Lol didn't know that, so what happens when your own ToK is reflected back at you? Do you like take the initial damage and the dot damage on top of that?

Also it can't be dispelled right? I mean a healer's normal dispel magic moves? I seen my ToK just disappear at times. But didn't know about mages or pallies being able to stop it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I killed a monk through touch of karma recently with my touch of death. Working as intended?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/19/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Ouchi
I killed a monk through touch of karma recently with my touch of death. Working as intended?

It all depends on how much of the shield is there. I had touch of karma just popped and the +20% life buff and a ww monk touch of karma'd me. It didn't even remove all of the karma shield and he died from the damage since he was around 20% health when he did it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]