Rogues any good for BG's?

Long story short, I want to level my rogue for PvP but I don't know if they're any good for BG's in MoP. I've heard they're EXTREMELY squishy now days.

Realistically, are Rogues any good for BG's now days?
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
They ARE squishy. They are also good if you know how to play them.
Reply Quote
They're great for BGs, even though we're really squishy and get trained quite often. We throw out a low of cc which can win a fight, and our ninja caps are the best. ;3
Reply Quote
They're great for BGs, even though we're really squishy and get trained quite often. We throw out a low of cc which can win a fight, and our ninja caps are the best. ;3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Sure we are, It mostly depends on the player though (as it does with all classes) . Of course if you're a freash 90 Rogue and you go into BG's with quest reward blue and green armor you're most likely going to get steam rolled by better geard players but thats just the nature of the beast. Rogue's are pretty vital in BG's though, Setting up kills and utilizing CC when needed make's us quite handy. Skilled Rogue's are quite formidable in 1v1 combat as well.

Our biggest weakness is that naturally we are one of the more squishy classes in the game, add that ontop of the fact that we don't have the best surviveability right now and it can be a hassle at time's...But if you play smart you won't die to often, I rarely die more than twice in BG's. Our damage is pretty solid right now...Its not the best but its acceptable, Our damage is getting buffed in the upcomming patch.

I personally can take on pretty much any class of equal gear and come out on top, but I've had lots of practice with my Rogue seeing as its been my main since Vanilla. Warrior's are going to be your biggest challange right now, I don't know if that will still be true after 5.2 hits here in a couple of weeks or not...Alot of people seem to think Rogue's are going to be quite OP in 5.2 we'll just have to see.
Edited by Elfis on 2/18/2013 1:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/18/2013 01:33 AMPosted by Kiljagen
They ARE squishy. They are also good if you know how to play them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I completely stomp every random BG I enter. Rbgs are another story. That is when you really feel weak.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
02/18/2013 01:40 AMPosted by Elfis
Alot of people seem to think Rogue's are going to be quite OP in 5.2 we'll just have to see.

Can you elaborate on this good sir ? I've read the latest PTR patch notes and besides new talents, the only real raw buff damage I see is:

Combat: Vitality now increases attack power by 30% (was 25%) +5% atk power buff
Subtlety: Sanguinary Vein now increases the damage the target takes by 20% (was 16%). +4% damage taken

Getting back at the Rogue as an alt and I somehow fail to see what the hype is all about for us in 5.2. Prep baseline is nice that's true and maybe this is why everyone are getting excited I dunno. It just seems far from OP to my eyes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/18/2013 08:45 AMPosted by Yousketai
Alot of people seem to think Rogue's are going to be quite OP in 5.2 we'll just have to see.

Can you elaborate on this good sir ? I've read the latest PTR patch notes and besides new talents, the only real raw buff damage I see is:

Subtlety: Sanguinary Vein now increases the damage the target takes by 20% (was 16%). +4% damage taken

Getting back at the Rogue as an alt and I somehow fail to see what the hype is all about for us in 5.2. Prep baseline is nice that's true and maybe this is why everyone are getting excited I dunno. It just seems far from OP to my eyes.

Glove bonus to healing will help and Prep baseline will assist greatly in single target killing.
Reply Quote
64 Undead Rogue
02/18/2013 01:40 AMPosted by Elfis

They won't, you can read the patch notes for yourself. They'll have one of their balls back, though.

Rogues have long been one of the most formidable opponents in 1v1. From what I know of rogue gameplay so far, in a duel situation (or any 1v1 with CDs up), it's highly likely you'll come out on top, but it'll involve most of your cooldowns. That's what they're there for, though. Other than the epic 1v1s when you use all your CDs, your role in a BG is mainly support. Sapsapsapsap, peels / control, and helping finish enemies off.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Personally I think it sounds like Rogues will go from slightly underpowered to just about right with the changes in 5.2. But I can't speak with absolute certainty because I haven't played on the PTR so I wont be able to judge for sure until it go's live.

Baseline prep is probably the biggest buff we are getting next patch, the extra energy on 4 set PvP gear bonus should raise our initial burst damage in openers.

I think one thing that people seem to think is going to make us OP is our Shuriken Toss buff, Apparently it allows us to deal heavy damage from a distance. I mostly hear Mages and Hunters complaining about it.

Edited by Elfis on 2/18/2013 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/18/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Funker

They won't, you can read the patch notes for yourself. They'll have one of their balls back, though.

Rogues have long been one of the most formidable opponents in 1v1. From what I know of rogue gameplay so far, in a duel situation (or any 1v1 with CDs up), it's highly likely you'll come out on top, but it'll involve most of your cooldowns. That's what they're there for, though. Other than the epic 1v1s when you use all your CDs, your role in a BG is mainly support. Sapsapsapsap, peels / control, and helping finish enemies off.

I agree 100%. We are pretty epic in 1v1 but in a BG our main role is support.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Once you get both pvp weapons you should be able to drop most people in random bgs really fast, the difference is noticeable.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
My Wife hates me doing PVP. I can't stop laughing.

Time it right and we can easily kill steal.
The Saping goes with out saying.
Cloak of Shadows is a big hit with a group when it's timed right. ..

I just have a ball in PVP BG's
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]