Which class is the overall hardest to CC?

90 Undead Priest
Snares =/= Hard CC
Reply Quote
35 Orc Warlock
Let's see...

Priest - fear ward, lol. phantasm, lolnerfed. poor
Mage - blink, ice block, etc
Warlock - unbound will (extra trinket), pet aid
Druid - removing snares/roots, immune to polymorph
Rogue - cloak of shadows/vanish
Monk - Demateralize (MW only) and uhhh... nothing else?
Hunter - i must not be familiar with these CC breaks other than BW, which i tend to FORCE him to pop. spell reflect... talented disengage
Shaman - grounding totem, tremor totem, ghost wolf, etcetcetc - PLUS his totems continue to act while he is CC'd
Pally - bubble, BoF, and his plethora of instant heals get a shout out, having played rogues
Warrior - zerker rage.... spell reflect
DK - the guy above me did a good job listing them.

I'm sure I missed a bunch of them. As far as DKs go, they are easy to shut down because they don't have many defensive abilities, even though CC will not last too long on them. I still can't give them the title, because as a Warlock in Arena I generally have no trouble helping my resto druid peel from an annoying DK.

Hunters I haven't really noticed many difficulties either. I'm usually paying more attention to "OMGWTFBBGGONNADIE" than to how long a hunter eats a fear for. Survive the pets and outburst him has been my strategy. Could someone speak more to a Hunter's defenses? Deterrence really aint anything to special; it's kind of like a personal cyclone, whatever.

I'm gonna have to say Shaman, Mage, or Holy Pally. Mage because they can not only break your CCs, but also CC you back x10 and throw tons of damage in your face. Paladins because they always seem to sneak by with that one heal or bubble at just the worst time for you. And Shamans because, well, !@#$ shamans. I play a Warlock.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
A very very very good and lucky priest.

As for no skill involved dks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
DK

Desecrated Ground
Trinket
AMS
If undead, Will of the Forsaken
Lichborne

I'd say IBF, but I wouldn't use to get out of any old stun unless it were to prevent death.

Other than a DK a really good Shaman.
Edited by Saricc on 2/19/2013 7:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I thought I'd see much more people say pally.

hand of freedom much?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I thought I'd see much more people say pally.

hand of freedom much?

lol wat that just for snares. pallys are quite susceptible to cc
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
02/19/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Dezie
A good shaman is hard to CC between grounding totem and wind shear

That may have been true pre 5.0, but thanks to instant cast cc and GC in his infinite wisdom making it so we cant drop totems while silenced thats no longer the case. Also, against rogues, warriors, and monks I'm forever stunned
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

lol wat that just for snares. pallys are quite susceptible to cc

I think some people think roots are CC or something?

then im surprised he didnt say his own class >.>

02/19/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Zevahcotineb
A good shaman is hard to CC between grounding totem and wind shear

That may have been true pre 5.0, but thanks to instant cast cc and GC in his infinite wisdom making it so we cant drop totems while silenced thats no longer the case. Also, against rogues, warriors, and monks I'm forever stunned

still better than a lot of other classes
Edited by Kitteykat on 2/19/2013 7:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Let's see...

Priest - fear ward, lol. phantasm, lolnerfed. poor
Mage - blink, ice block, etc
Warlock - unbound will (extra trinket), pet aid
Druid - removing snares/roots, immune to polymorph
Rogue - cloak of shadows/vanish
Monk - Demateralize (MW only) and uhhh... nothing else?
Hunter - i must not be familiar with these CC breaks other than BW, which i tend to FORCE him to pop. spell reflect... talented disengage
Shaman - grounding totem, tremor totem, ghost wolf, etcetcetc - PLUS his totems continue to act while he is CC'd
Pally - bubble, BoF, and his plethora of instant heals get a shout out, having played rogues
Warrior - zerker rage.... spell reflect
DK - the guy above me did a good job listing them.

I'm sure I missed a bunch of them. As far as DKs go, they are easy to shut down because they don't have many defensive abilities, even though CC will not last too long on them. I still can't give them the title, because as a Warlock in Arena I generally have no trouble helping my resto druid peel from an annoying DK.

Hunters I haven't really noticed many difficulties either. I'm usually paying more attention to "OMGWTFBBGGONNADIE" than to how long a hunter eats a fear for. Survive the pets and outburst him has been my strategy. Could someone speak more to a Hunter's defenses? Deterrence really aint anything to special; it's kind of like a personal cyclone, whatever.

I'm gonna have to say Shaman, Mage, or Holy Pally. Mage because they can not only break your CCs, but also CC you back x10 and throw tons of damage in your face. Paladins because they always seem to sneak by with that one heal or bubble at just the worst time for you. And Shamans because, well, !@#$ shamans. I play a Warlock.

very inaccurate, how much a spec/class is getting cc'ed is not just about their outs, but what utilities they have, for example warriors can double charge leap, which makes them harder to control, also intervene on 30seconds... not to mention retal which increases parry chance by 100, makes them hard to cc for some melee specs too... also spell reflect etc...

this goes for every spec, rogues also have vanish, and million ways to stop you from casting a cc on you... if you get a hard cast vs a rogue, the rogue is horrible...

everything works differently in practice than on paper as well... also its a lot harder to cc specs that have a lot of cc, due to you being cc'ed more and stopped... locks look way better than they are, you can use instant fear and deathcoil/stun to stop casts... ports... etc...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Lol at the people who are saying shamans, a slow isn't a real cc, so ghost wolf is out of the question, wind shear is just an interrupt, which pally's have an interrupt as a healer as well as monks(plus monks has a blanket...) and shamans can't lay grounding while blanket silenced which makes chain cc on them easy along with ghost wolf not avoiding any kind of cc, it doesn't avoid polly's nor hex while in it however you can be hibernated if in ghost wolf form, which is not fair, ghost wold succepts you to more cc then if you don't, so do not count it as way to avoid cc.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
ghost wolf is out of the question, wind shear is just an interrupt, which pally's have an interrupt as a healer as well as monks.

pallys not gona stop a hardcast CC frm 30 yards away with rebuke unlike a shaman if thats what you meant
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
very inaccurate, how much a spec/class is getting cc'ed is not just about their outs, but what utilities they have, for example warriors can double charge leap, which makes them harder to control, also intervene on 30seconds... not to mention retal which increases parry chance by 100, makes them hard to cc for some melee specs too... also spell reflect etc...

this goes for every spec, rogues also have vanish, and million ways to stop you from casting a cc on you... if you get a hard cast vs a rogue, the rogue is horrible...

everything works differently in practice than on paper as well... also its a lot harder to cc specs that have a lot of cc, due to you being cc'ed more and stopped... locks look way better than they are, you can use instant fear and deathcoil/stun to stop casts... ports... etc...

right on. and with bonus points for not being a jerk about it.

I would say Mages are the hardest to CC.

And for those of you saying Snares/Roots aren't crowd control.... I guess you've never kited a Rogue or rooted a Warrior and laughed? No Sprint/Shadowstep and that Rogue is at the mercy of CoEx. And Warriors always just /sit in those damn Void Tendrils. It is 100% absolutely without question a form of controlling the crowd.
Reply Quote
Hunter, druid and Derpknight.

Mages too if your comp/strat relies on stuns in any capacity.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Mvp, you're my hardest target to cc.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I would say dk but then again they sit full disarms and are just as much affected by silences as a caster would be, but im not sure of silences and disarms would count as cc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Hunters.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Frost DK

Pillar of Frost -1 min CD immunity to knockback effects (20 second Duration)
Desecrated Ground - 2 min CD immunity to all effects (10 second Duration)
AMS - 45 second CD immunity to magic CC's (5 second Duration)
IBF - 3 min CD immunity to Stuns (12 second duration)
Lichborne - 2min CD immunity to fear/charm/sleep and Mind Control (10 second duration)
Frost Presence - 20% reduction to all CC effects duration

Unholy DK

Unholy Frenzy - 3min CD immunity to sheep, Sap, Blind (all CC that break on dmg) (30 second duration)
Desecrated Ground - 2 min CD immunity to all effects (10 second Duration)
AMS - 45 second CD immunity to magic CC's (5 second Duration)
IBF - 3 min CD immunity to Stuns (12 second duration)
Lichborne - 2min CD immunity to fear/charm/sleep and Mind Control (10 second duration)
**Frost Presence - 20% reduction to all CC effects duration**

Add in PvP trinket + Undead Racial (even Orc 15% stun reduction ontop of presence) and you have an absurd amount of CC "outs".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]