Edited by Rémorse on 2/19/2013 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Ele sham. Do they even have one?
Reply Quote
Dk's. After AMS they're dead.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Are we talking about the worst defensive cooldowns, or generally the worst survivability in PvP? Because despite how crappy Shaman defenses are in general, Shamanistic Rage as an ability is actually quite strong when looked at in a vacuum. A 30% reduction in damage taken for 15 seconds every minute that halts offensive mana consumption, can be used while stunned and (when glyphed) removes all dispellable harmful Magic effects is one of the best defensive cooldowns you could ask for.

If we're talking about general survivability, Shaman and Death Knights have it pretty bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Are we talking about the worst defensive cooldowns, or generally the worst survivability in PvP? Because despite how crappy Shaman defenses are in general, Shamanistic Rage as an ability is actually quite strong when looked at in a vacuum. A 30% reduction in damage taken for 15 seconds every minute that halts offensive mana consumption, can be used while stunned and (when glyphed) removes all dispellable harmful Magic effects is one of the best defensive cooldowns you could ask for.

If we're talking about general survivability, Shaman and Death Knights have it pretty bad.

i agree with your list but can i throw rogues name in there
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Areos
A 30% reduction in damage taken for 15 seconds every minute that halts offensive mana consumption, can be used while stunned and (when glyphed) removes all dispellable harmful Magic effects is one of the best defensive cooldowns you could ask for.

Give me your bubble , and have my Shamanistic Rage. You will be prosper and happy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
That's a horrible trade and if you don't realize that I really question this entire world.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

i agree with your list but can i throw rogues name in there

Ehh, rogue have (weak now) passive healing and the ability to avoid damage fairly well. Between vanishing cloaking I'd say the really don't have it that bad.

Considering against the melee pain train DKs have very little in the ways of escape (literally sit there and get beat to death) and next patch AMS will be on par with Cloak just about, except cloak is much better.

If you're going for "worst" dks have it much worse than rogues.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/19/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Gebece
A 30% reduction in damage taken for 15 seconds every minute that halts offensive mana consumption, can be used while stunned and (when glyphed) removes all dispellable harmful Magic effects is one of the best defensive cooldowns you could ask for.

Give me your bubble , and have my Shamanistic Rage. You will be prosper and happy.

deal where do i sign
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 10:36 PMPosted by Conslol
That's a horrible trade and if you don't realize that I really question this entire world.

Horrible trade for him or for me? Any sane Enhance or Ele(next season) can gladly give up Sham Rage for a mass dispellable or shatterable bubble. What does 30% DR mean? It means that I die in 4 seconds while I was supposed to die in 3 seconds. I wish you could know the way we die in arenas :). You should play Enhance Shaman on PTR.
Edited by Gebece on 2/19/2013 10:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Kistien
Ehh, rogue have (weak now) passive healing

All classes now have self heals stronger than that of a rogue.

2 sec cast 20k elemental healing surges are so op , or instant Enhance Shaman version each 10-15 seconds for 35k. Those numbers are without ms debuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/19/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Gebece

Horrible trade for him or for me? Any sane Enhance or Ele(next season) can gladly give up Sham Rage for a mass dispellable or shatterable bubble. What does 30% DR mean? It means that I die in 4 seconds while I was supposed to die in 3 seconds. I wish you could know the way we die in arenas :). You should play Enhance Shaman on PTR.

enjoy the 5 min cd ill take the 1 min cd that will let me survive deep freezes tyvm
Reply Quote
Ele>dk>rogues
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 10:49 PMPosted by Fiddef
enjoy the 5 min cd ill take the 1 min cd that will let me survive deep freezes tyvm

You can't use it while silenced, letting you know.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/19/2013 10:52 PMPosted by Gebece

if a mage CS+ deep at the same time the hpally will live.

its the CS after the deep when u have like 70k hp left that is piss annoyin
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/19/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Kistien
All classes now have self heals stronger than that of a rogue.

I don't think rogue healing is great, it's not going to keep them up when they're being tunneled but recuperate is still decent for when you're not a focus target. It still cleans up cleave damage and dot damage fairly well. Makes you a less desirable swap target imo.

Do shamans have any passive healing? Their healing is very weak compared to spriests and have a difficult time restoring their lost mana. DKs? Mages? They have self healing but it's not passive. (I know recup isn't truely passive but i don't think it has huge opportunity cost either. Especially the way shuriken toss is turning out.

Rogues are squishy, but I'm not convinced they're taking the cake for "worst" by any means.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/19/2013 10:56 PMPosted by Kitteykat

if a mage CS+ deep at the same time the hpally will live.

its the CS after the deep when u have like 70k hp left that is piss annoyin

Against a mage by itself or RMP? Next patch I can easily see RMP 100-0 a holy pally while being nearly unpeelable. Even if he bubbles lol
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/19/2013 10:36 PMPosted by Conslol

i get the feeling you would had said the same thing if it was the other way
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/19/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Gebece

You severely underestimate how beneficial 30% damage reduction is, especially when it lasts 15 seconds (which is pretty lengthy for a defensive cooldown) and has a 1 minute cooldown, which is exceptionally short for how beneficial the ability is as a whole.

Collectively, Shaman defenses suck, but that doesn't stop Shamanistic Rage from being one of the strongest defensive cooldowns in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]