defensive cds

02/19/2013 10:58 PMPosted by Kitteykat
That's a horrible trade and if you don't realize that I really question this entire world.

i get the feeling you would had said the same thing if it was the other way

I know the way I die as an Enhance Shaman.Shamanistic Rage is rage is really weak against heavy burst , but having 30% DR for 15 seconds against dot cleaves is a good thing.

People don't know about Enhance Shamans , we are pretty much = hunter - 2x deterrence -free trinket - 15% passive DR - Roar of Sacrifice + Sham Rage + 9k per sec heals from healing tide totem 7x.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

if a mage CS+ deep at the same time the hpally will live.

its the CS after the deep when u have like 70k hp left that is piss annoyin

Against a mage by itself or RMP? Next patch I can easily see RMP 100-0 a holy pally while being nearly unpeelable. Even if he bubbles lol

a full mal bg9 t2 mage can do it by himself thru 66% resil. my partner was like "wtf you getting soloed?". i had to bubble in the opener.

rogue +mage is worse. played with a tich wintrader spriest in 2s didnt peel at all... no other class does this in a stun

i was like wat the hell and watched some streams same stuff happens lol.
Edited by Kitteykat on 2/19/2013 11:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
a full mal bg9 t2 mage can do it by himself thru 66% resil. my partner was like "wtf you getting soloed?". i had to bubble in the opener.

rogue +mage is worse. played with a tich wintrader spriest in 2s didnt peel at all...

i was like wat the hell and watched some streams same stuff happens lol.

Got hit for 130k frost bolt -> 100k ffb -> 2 60k icd lances on the PTR.

LOOKING GOOD 5.2
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 11:00 PMPosted by Areos
You severely underestimate how beneficial 30% damage reduction is, especially when it lasts 15 seconds (which is pretty lengthy for a defensive cooldown) and has a 1 minute cooldown, which is exceptionally short for how beneficial the ability is as a whole.

Nobody needs a 15 seconds lasting defensive , !@#$ happens in 4-7 seconds max. That is why dispersion is better than sham rage , or paladin's wall anyday.Did any of you see Vanguards playing his Enhance Shaman on Yaspresents tournament? He chased a warlock , and the enemy warrior one-shotted him for lolz as soon as soon as he saw him LoS'ing his healer.

Compare Enhance Shaman's and Hunter's defensive potential , you will realize the misery we are experiencing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

People don't know about Enhance Shamans , we are pretty much = hunter - 2x deterrence -free trinket - 15% passive DR - Roar of Sacrifice + Sham Rage + 9k per sec heals from healing tide totem 7x.

really i always thought hunter defenses was pretty good they also kite. i mean look what bubble does for ret. do you think ret is great defenisively? they're just alright
Reply Quote

really i always thought hunter defenses was pretty good they also kite. i mean look what bubble does for ret. do you think ret is great defenisively? they're just alright

Rets didn't gain anything this expansion , thats the problem. Every class is bursting better than last expansion , and Rets are trying to survive with the tools they had last expansion. Enhance Shaman's survivability tools are nerfed to the ground after WOTLK and we are trying to survive with inferior version of tools we had in WOTLK.

FFS my wolves are healing me barely 1k per sec , my healing stream totem is ticking 3k without ms debuff , I'm using a glyph to heal my self 7-8k more than last expansion. My Greater Healing Wave was healing me like 25k , now Healing Surge is healing me 34k with a glyph. Healing Tide is our level 75 talent , and it is healing me 9k each 2 seconds for 7 times.
Edited by Gebece on 2/19/2013 11:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/19/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Gebece
A 30% reduction in damage taken for 15 seconds every minute that halts offensive mana consumption, can be used while stunned and (when glyphed) removes all dispellable harmful Magic effects is one of the best defensive cooldowns you could ask for.

Give me your bubble , and have my Shamanistic Rage. You will be prosper and happy.
Oh I would LOVE Shamanistic Rage. In fact, I agree. Let's trade.
Reply Quote
I didn't know about the term "lolret" before I started to play on u.s servers.
Reply Quote
Neither can Divine Protection. You also can't use it while stunned. Did I mention we have to glyph it before it works against melee damage?

We aren't trading Divine Protection , so this information is irrelevant. He told me Sham Rage is saving me from Deep Freeze and I told him I can't use Sham Rage if Mage is smart enough to silence me.

02/20/2013 12:15 AMPosted by Lobster
Bubble reduces 100% incoming damage at the cost of 50% of my outgoing damage and a 5min cooldown. Compare it to Shamanistic Rage, which reduces 30% incoming damage with 100% benefit for 15ec every single minute, and it's even usable while stunned.

You Rets are unable to appreciate the value of your Bubble. I'm 100% sure no high rated Ret assuming he isn't on a crack will accept this trade. If you want to feel how Enhance Shamans feel; glyph your divine protection and use it instead of Divine Shield versus KFC or Kitty Cleave. Thats Enhance Shaman for you.
Edited by Gebece on 2/20/2013 12:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/19/2013 11:00 PMPosted by Areos

Horrible trade for him or for me? Any sane Enhance or Ele(next season) can gladly give up Sham Rage for a mass dispellable or shatterable bubble. What does 30% DR mean? It means that I die in 4 seconds while I was supposed to die in 3 seconds. I wish you could know the way we die in arenas :). You should play Enhance Shaman on PTR.

You severely underestimate how beneficial 30% damage reduction is, especially when it lasts 15 seconds (which is pretty lengthy for a defensive cooldown) and has a 1 minute cooldown, which is exceptionally short for how beneficial the ability is as a whole.

Collectively, Shaman defenses suck, but that doesn't stop Shamanistic Rage from being one of the strongest defensive cooldowns in the game.

While it's good, it's nothing without a strong toolkit to back it. Rogues can talent/glyph for a no CD 7 second 30% reduced damage CD, mages next patch can talent against anything hitting less than ~15k damage (DoTs, DW melee swings, Non ice lances, lightning bolt) have 30% damage reduction.
Reply Quote
Yeah that's the difference, they have both divine protection and divine shield, along with 2 additional BOPs. Even if they traded divine shield for sham rage they would still get 2 hand of protections on top of more caster surv.

Enh shaman would just have a 5 min CD on divine shield and no other defensives...yippee?

By no means Rets have the best survivability this expansion. Dispersion is superior to any other defensive in my point of view , and deterrence follows it. I don't get one thing , Goonhah. I really believe Monks deserve Touch of Karma because they have no passive DR and their armor rating is low. I don't understand why Hunters and Shadow Priests have superior undispellable defensives in addition to their passive damage reduction while I'm supposed to survive heavy burst with my Shamanistic Rage and I have no passive damage reduction. Being vulnerable sustained and burst damage same time is stupid. At least Rets have something legit against burst , although its on a 5 min cooldown.
Edited by Gebece on 2/20/2013 12:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
I remember someone was calling Shaman Devoloper "Masochist Swag" on Arena Junkies Forums :) .
Edited by Gebece on 2/20/2013 1:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
gc said many times theres no class specific dev they discuss it among the whole team
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 01:08 AMPosted by Kitteykat
gc said many times theres no class specific dev they discuss it among the whole team

Apparently , they fired the Lock Dev lol...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004030787

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/blizzard-fire-warlock-developer/
Reply Quote
GC = Senator Palpatine
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]