defensive cds

90 Night Elf Druid
yea i heard about that guy he had voice and possibly a big influence but its unlikely he overhauled lock entirely by himself.

i kno GC say silly things like silencing an enh shaman is like disarming a mage.

but wat i said he said isnt even related game mechanics.. eh... dnt kno how to describe...
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 01:31 AMPosted by Goonhah
So how do their meetings go? Do they usually get some popcorn ready and set up the theatre as they watch a lawn mower soar through the sky then go "that's it, I've got it. I know how to fix this game" only to buff frost DK damage?

We arena players like to believe we are special , but everyone is paying the same subscription.This is their priority list , Pvers > Casuals > Pvpers. They aren't seperating pve and pvp not to confuse casuals. Stampede was bugged earlier this season and one shotting people. How much time did it take to fix it? 1 month lol. Imagine a raid boss one-shotting people , it could be fixed in a day. I feel like they are doing their job professionally when it comes to Pve , am I wrong?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The reason I would trade Divine Shield for Shamanistic Rage anyday is because having a bubble that is dispellable in less than half a global, by an instant ability (gets nerfed to 1.5 seconds next patch, thank goodness), or an uninterruptible 1.5 second cast isn't even worth having. Every amazing comp since forever has either a Priest or a Warrior in it. There is always a counter to Divine Shield.

As for Hand of Protection (BoP), well that's just a joke. It's dispellable by regular offensive dispels, lol, AND then on top of that, BoP only does physical damage AND I can only use it when I don't have Forbearance.

Forbearance is even worse than it seems. Having Divine Shield and Hand of Protection giving me Forbearance locks Rets out of pretty much any comp with Holy Paladins, the best healers in the game, because we can't use all our utility, it shares CDs with each other. It's like a Disc grouping with a Shadow. I don't see Shamanistic Rage forcing you not to group up with Restoration Shamans.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
yea i heard about that guy he had voice and possibly a big influence but its unlikely he overhauled lock entirely by himself.

i kno GC say silly things like silencing an enh shaman is like disarming a mage.

but wat i said he said isnt even related game mechanics.. eh... dnt kno how to describe...
So how do their meetings go? Do they usually get some popcorn ready and set up the theatre as they watch a lawn mower soar through the sky then go "that's it, I've got it. I know how to fix this game" only to buff frost DK damage?

cuz you cheated on one of them
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 01:45 AMPosted by Mvp
The reason I would trade Divine Shield for Shamanistic Rage anyday is because having a bubble that is dispellable in less than half a global, by an instant ability (gets nerfed to 1.5 seconds next patch, thank goodness), or an uninterruptible 1.5 second cast isn't even worth having. Every amazing comp since forever has either a Priest or a Warrior in it. There is always a counter to Divine Shield.

No good Ret will let his divine shield get dispelled asap.As an Enhance Shaman I don't even let my opponents to dispel/shatter the bop from me for good amount of time.It takes a good team work ,positoning timing to protect your bop or divine shield. Whenever my warrior tries to shatter Ice Block something happens to him , lol. Thats why good warriors cast shattering throw before the target bubbles :).

Just assume we traded sham rage and divine shield , and pop your divine protection instead of divine shield whenever people are bursting you. It is impossible to convince you guys to appreciate the value of your bubble , although its not as good as dispersion or deterrence etc...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/20/2013 01:54 AMPosted by Gebece

No good Ret will let his divine shield get dispelled asap.As an Enhance Shaman I don't even let my opponents to dispel/shatter the bop from me for good amount of time.It takes a good team work ,positoning timing to protect your bop or divine shield. Whenever my warrior tries to shatter Ice Block something happens to him , lol. Thats why good warriors cast shattering throw before the target bubbles :).

Just assume we traded sham rage and divine shield , and pop your divine protection instead of divine shield whenever people are bursting you. It is impossible to convince you guys to appreciate the value of your bubble , although its not as good as disperrsion or deterrence etc...
And how do you expect us to prevent a .5 (faster with haste) cast when we are instantly AoE feared? Or a Feral just instantly takes it off? At least against Warriors we have one global to do something to prevent them from removing it.

So yes, I know how Enhancement Shamans feel, and perhaps worse, because Divine Shield is like Avenging Wrath for every expansion it's been out, except for this one. It's an ability meant to be countered.

Also just to note, since Divine Shield is always popped, we can just forget about it and think of Divine Protection vs Shamanistic Rage.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 02:02 AMPosted by Mvp
And how do you expect us to prevent a .5 (faster with haste) cast when we are instantly AoE feared? Or a Feral just instantly takes it off? At least against Warriors we have one global to do something to prevent them from removing it.

Trust me preventing it isn't as difficult as hexing the healer versus fmp , or boomkin mage :).Think about it , boomkin&ferals aren't hexeable can dispel hex , mages also can dispel hex. When you know mass dispel is coming , you can kick it(matter of practice , its doable) or someone can cc the spriest before you bubble. Life is hard sometimes , I'm not being sarcastic.
Edited by Gebece on 2/20/2013 2:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/20/2013 02:08 AMPosted by Gebece

Trust me preventing it isn't as difficult as hexing the healer versus fmp , or boomkin mage :).Think about it , boomkin&ferals aren't hexeable can dispel hex , mages also can dispel hex. When you know mass dispel is coming , you can kick it(matter of practice , its doable) or someone can cc the spriest before you bubble. Life is hard sometimes , I'm not being sarcastic.
The one second server lag prevents you from actually catching the MD. If you see it casting, on their end it's already done. The only way to prevent it either with a hack or preemptive strike.

And before you ask, yes. I would trade in Divine Protection (both forms), Divine Shield and self-BoPs for Shamanistic Rage. Just like every other Ret Paladin would. The only thing I would not trade with the package deal is ally BoPs.
Reply Quote
81 Worgen Druid
dks once ams is down and you were lucky to vs a caster cleave, they die really easy
Reply Quote
Against casters you already have divine protection which reduces 10% more damage than my Shamanistic rage. I don't care you can't use it when you are deeped , if they want to deep me they are silencing me anyway to prevent me using Shamanistic Rage.Bubble is useable versus casters as well.

Against melee , you can bop yourself 2x and bubble in 3 minutes. Covering your Bop and Bubble seperates the good Ret and bad Ret. They are very strong but counterable same time.

DKs and your traditional healer Disc aren't good enough , or people can't play them well anymore. Rets also lost their own personal cc chain which was helping them a lot to score a kill. No more instant repentance... You guys are ignoring all these facts and blaming your defensives for the poor performance of Rets this season. I don't blame you because you guys got used to certain standards last season. Its harsh for you guys not to be able to play a comp which doesn't work as good when you replace the Ret, but its a daily routine for Enhance Shamans. Spoiled community is spoiled.
Edited by Gebece on 2/20/2013 3:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/19/2013 10:58 PMPosted by Kitteykat
i get the feeling you would had said the same thing if it was the other way

Nope, bubble is horribly overrated and somehow shamanistic rage is regarded as trash when it's one of the best defensive cooldowns to date. I have never preached bubble being a great cooldown, and honestly, it's horrible for a 5 minute CD.

02/20/2013 03:25 AMPosted by Gebece
Spoiled community is spoiled.

There's deep irony in this, but I'll let you figure out all of this yourself. Your ignorance will turn into stupidity unfixable by any other means excluding wisdom, stubbornness being the cause of this trait.
Edited by Conslol on 2/20/2013 6:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Against casters you already have divine protection which reduces 10% more damage than my Shamanistic rage. I don't care you can't use it when you are deeped , if they want to deep me they are silencing me anyway to prevent me using Shamanistic Rage.Bubble is useable versus casters as well.

Against melee , you can bop yourself 2x and bubble in 3 minutes. Covering your Bop and Bubble seperates the good Ret and bad Ret. They are very strong but counterable same time.

DKs and your traditional healer Disc aren't good enough , or people can't play them well anymore. Rets also lost their own personal cc chain which was helping them a lot to score a kill. No more instant repentance... You guys are ignoring all these facts and blaming your defensives for the poor performance of Rets this season. I don't blame you because you guys got used to certain standards last season. Its harsh for you guys not to be able to play a comp which doesn't work as good when you replace the Ret, but its a daily routine for Enhance Shamans. Spoiled community is spoiled.

if that mage had to use deep and silence on top of it self to stop me from using a defensive i would count it as a win. I can live with deep (barely) its the silence at the end that just pushes it over the top.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Nobody needs a 15 seconds lasting defensive , !@#$ happens in 4-7 seconds max. That is why dispersion is better than sham rage , or paladin's wall anyday.Did any of you see Vanguards playing his Enhance Shaman on Yaspresents tournament? He chased a warlock , and the enemy warrior one-shotted him for lolz as soon as soon as he saw him LoS'ing his healer.

Compare Enhance Shaman's and Hunter's defensive potential , you will realize the misery we are experiencing.

The long duration means that the defensive cooldown will continue to work for a good duration even after the burst, which allows the Shaman's team to recover more effectively and safely. That 30% damage reduction is more than enough to save your life in many perilous situations, and its 1 minute cooldown means it's going to be available in most situations where the Shaman is in danger of being burst down by the opposing team.

Also, stating that Shaman defenses suck because a Warrior will just gib you randomly is a terrible argument. In fact, it's a terrible argument I've seen repeated by Shaman in general; stating your class is weak because it's beaten easily by an objectively-overpowered class or spec isn't going to warrant any sympathy. That's something most other classes also have to deal with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]