Rogue Assassination Buffs?

90 Human Rogue
While 20% and 15% seem like large number changes, the fact remains that the majority of Assassination's DPS comes from our passive damage sources. These buffs are very, very minor in comparison to Hunter and DK buffs.

I guess I'm just curious about the reasoning behind this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Exactly. DKs, as it stands, are already a very strong DPS class. These buffs are more than a 10% increase for them where as ours is merely in the 1.5% range. I can't wait till 5.2 when they jump ahead of everyone else and just blow up the charts.

I honestly just don't get the logic behind Blizzard's choices some times. This is almost as bad, if not worst than, the massive tier bonus they got from their four piece this tier.
Edited by Layke on 2/20/2013 8:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Ya, I get Unholy buffs. It needed it. But strong buffs to Frost? Dear lord, thanks a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Where do you see these changes?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
While 20% and 15% seem like large number changes, the fact remains that the majority of Assassination's DPS comes from our passive damage sources. These buffs are very, very minor in comparison to Hunter and DK buffs.

Maybe a minor buff is what they wanted? You shouldn't compare yourself to the buffs other classes are receiving, the hunter buffs are almost all for Marksman which is easily the worst spec in the game right now. (I feel like maybe the DK buffs are a bit much but I'll leave that to someone can actually show the math).
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
02/20/2013 09:33 AMPosted by Valrys
Where do you see these changes?

PTR Class Discussion thread, post by GC.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Maybe a minor buff is what they wanted? You shouldn't compare yourself to the buffs other classes are receiving, the hunter buffs are almost all for Marksman which is easily the worst spec in the game right now. (I feel like maybe the DK buffs are a bit much but I'll leave that to someone can actually show the math).

Why shouldn't I? DKs are already in a very good place, DPS wise. These buffs are going to push them so far past other melee and some ranged that it's going to be sickening. They didn't need a buff this large. I understand MM needed some love, and that's fine. I'm more concerned with DKs.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight

Why shouldn't I? DKs are already in a very good place, DPS wise. These buffs are going to push them so far past other melee and some ranged that it's going to be sickening. They didn't need a buff this large. I understand MM needed some love, and that's fine. I'm more concerned with DKs.

Allow me to give you some incite on my belief about the buffs for DKs.

Starting with the disease damage and Scourge Strike damage increases. unholy has been a spec that has been known to have terrible weapon scaling. The Scourge Strike buff alleviates this somewhat, while I believe the disease dmg increase as a safe bet to buff their overall dmg without creating too much of an impact in PvP (for example if they buffed Death coil instead, you would feel it more in PvP that passive ticking diseases). Diseases also help buff Blood DK dmg a bit, which may have been another reason.

Now for frost, those increases were targeted mostly with PvE in mind. On live, Frost tends to pull ahead because the tier 14 pc being (ridiculous I might say) a huge DPS increase biased towards Frost. With the tier being nerfed in the next patch, and tier 15 being more balanced around the bonuses, I'm guessing that is the reasoning behind their buffs.

Keep in mind, that GC said in that post that AOE parses haven't been tested yet. So we may see the number balanced eventually to the howling blast buff and such.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Now for frost, those increases were targeted mostly with PvE in mind. On live, Frost tends to pull ahead because the tier 14 pc being (ridiculous I might say) a huge DPS increase biased towards Frost. With the tier being nerfed in the next patch, and tier 15 being more balanced around the bonuses, I'm guessing that is the reasoning behind their buffs.

The buffs aren't as big as they seem, given the loss of tier pieces.

02/20/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Sanctifiêd
I have that right now with my 4pc.

You realize you won't have this 4pc next tier right? But you'll still have two minute wings.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
02/20/2013 08:18 PMPosted by Foiblesqt

The buffs aren't as big as they seem, given the loss of tier pieces.

02/20/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Sanctifiêd
I have that right now with my 4pc.

You realize you won't have this 4pc next tier right? But you'll still have two minute wings.

The buff is a about an 8% buff to DW, while it's 10-12% buff to 2h frost.
Reply Quote
60 Human Paladin
Why wouldn't they just buff the backstab damage %?

To put into perspective, Howling blast will now deal 28,000 damage average, at a range of 30 yards, with no positional requirements, triggering criticals, doing AoE damage and being a slow.

Backstab will still deal 22,000 damage, require melee range, single target, being behind the victim, and requiring a specific weapon to actually be able to use it.

the 30% increase to backstab, 15% hemo would've been sufficient, up the damage of Sin's poisons by a few % and have a glyph for single target Killing Spree.

Backstab=dispatch for assassination which is what this thread is about.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/21/2013 05:14 AMPosted by Kassadin
The buff is a about an 8% buff to DW, while it's 10-12% buff to 2h frost.

Which isn't the 13-15% it looks like at first.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Totally agree with this... all melee players in a 5.2 raid will consist of DKs.

"Have fun sitting even more rogues!" -Blizzard

Also the dispatch buff is larger than you think.. at the end of most bosses Dispatch ends up being 3rd or 4th most damaging ability.. but rogues still lack any real utility that RLs can bring to a raid, so we are still screwed.
Edited by Chasedown on 2/21/2013 12:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
I'm all for stat changes, like remember when they said they'd make crit valuable?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
haste will fix it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]