Guardian Druid + new legendary meta

100 Troll Druid
With Indomitable Primal Diamond being chance to gain +20% damage reduction to physical damage, the mastery buff, and large ilvl increase in 5.2, will it be possible to cap armor for a damage reduction of 75/95% on all melee swings? Seems like it will be a good time to be a bear tank.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
damage reduction buffs don't stack additively and more importantly don't stack with armor.

So a 100k attack with armor cap (75% damage reduction) would do 25k, from there the 20% would reduce the 25k down to 20k.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Some bears on the PTR are able to armor cap right now. It will definitely be possible at some point in 5.2 if Blizzard doesn't do something about it (although it won't come from the meta xD).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ya I actually wanted to get on and check it out but servers we're down, fact is it'd be awesome to armor cap but puts us in a real weird position for the rest of the xpac in that not only would we have to be below xmastery but even upgrading a piece of gear with no mastery with a piece with no mastery would be a waste of armor just because its higher.

Fact is they keep giving us armor, which I'm fine with, but the glaring issue with bears are mechanics like thrash, I'd be lying if I said I'd never gotten hit with all 3 with SD up. We need some form of guaranteed reduction for a few seconds, even if its week, like only 25-30% or so just something so if rng doesn't play in our favor we have a back up.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
02/13/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Felshifter
Ya I actually wanted to get on and check it out but servers we're down, fact is it'd be awesome to armor cap
There's an encounter that buffs your Mastery or Armor or something. But you need more Mastery than is available to cap in 535 gear.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
So is this legendary meta better/worse than an austere primal diamond? Assuming we aren't armor capped, I give up 2% armor in exchange for a once/min 20% reduction? In a wind lord type fight it seems like the 2% armor buff would give a better overall damage over the length of the fight. No math to back this up though, anyone know how much damage reduction a 2% armor increase from the primal works out to be?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
02/14/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Rozpew
So is this legendary meta better/worse than an austere primal diamond?
The uptime would have to be really bad to not beat the current Meta. But I'm going to try and do some stuff to figure this out over the next couple of days.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]