More hit rating on 5.2 valor gear, please

Because the cumulative 5339 hit on the level 522 shadow pan rep stuff, is well, just too low, right? I'm reforged out of hit already in heroic blues.

522 neck
1020 chest
696 gloves
1015 legs
1467 trinket
619 waist

I'm actually mostly concerned with the massive amount on the trinket, which is near 60% of cap all on its own, nevermind your other 15 slots (and there's plenty of haste for me to reforge the hell out of next tier). Some of us, like me, have just picked up the game again, and I know valor purchased gear is supposed to be sub par, but this is rather ridiculous.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I hear gear other than Valor gear exists.
Confirm/Deny?

Edit: My thoughts: Having Exp/Hit on Valor gear is great for those catching up, as Hit/Exp caps are critical to the gear process. Those of us with prior raiding tier gear, can use them, but we wouldn't want to be outfitted in full Valor gear anyways, since we are more than likely raiding for the new gear anyways.
Edited by Verdash on 2/13/2013 12:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Because the cumulative 5339 hit on the level 522 shadow pan rep stuff, is well, just too low, right? I'm reforged out of hit already in heroic blues.

You're kidding, right?... Please tell me you're kidding...

I already struggle to drop remotely close to the hitcap as it stands. And even reforging out of all that hit (5339) will still put you about 700 rating over the cap...
Reply Quote
Here, let me adjust that broken sarcasm detector you've got there. Yes, I'm kidding. The cap is 2550. More than double that for the valor line that's supposed to last an entire tier is ridiculous.

And yeah, Verdash, valor is supposed to be temporary filler or filler for people that just aren't lucky on those 1-2 slots. However the trinkets, which is my main complaint, aren't remotely balanced. The caster and heals trinkets have 1467 intellect standard, the tank trink has mastery and a dodge on use, while the str and agi dps trinkets have excessive expertise and hit, respectively, and the 105 second ICD leaves the str and agi procs equal to about 967 str/agi over time at best.

Also, keep in mind that the rep for this gear is tied to a raid faction, shadow-pan assault. Means you don't get to buy it from doing dailies. You gotta be raiding to get it.
Edited by Plaopang on 2/13/2013 11:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
02/13/2013 08:33 PMPosted by Yuyn

You're kidding, right?... Please tell me you're kidding...

I already struggle to drop remotely close to the hitcap as it stands. And even reforging out of all that hit (5339) will still put you about 700 rating over the cap...

agreed, I was at like 10% hit before reforging all my gear...thankfully I had the option to reforge most of it to exp, but I'm still 0.80% away from cap >:(
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Also, keep in mind that the rep for this gear is tied to a raid faction, shadow-pan assault. Means you don't get to buy it from doing dailies. You gotta be raiding to get it.
Or from LFR, last I heard, the bosses in LFR also grant Valor. And no, I don't consider LFR "raiding".
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Here, let me adjust that broken sarcasm detector you've got there. Yes, I'm kidding. The cap is 2550. More than double that for the valor line that's supposed to last an entire tier is ridiculous.

I think you missed which part I was asking if you were kidding about -- I was hoping, nay pleading, that you were kidding about the 5300+ hit rating on the gear. Not the sarcasm, I get sarcasm just fine, even most of the time when it's in text.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
02/15/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Subrosian
However, the players who are not raiding as heavily, and don't do much content beyond a few LFRs are also players who aren't aware of Hit / Exp caps. They probably don't reforge either. By putting all that Hit / Exp on the gear most likely to be picked up by less-experienced players, they're raising the performance of those "lower skill" players without negatively impacting raiders.

And here I thought it was just because they wanted catch up players to have a bit of a leg up. Blizz really doesn't think of the little guy +)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]