5.2 Healing

90 Tauren Druid
So during the summer our hpally has to go run a summer camp and will be away for 2 months or so during this time I'll be our 10 mans 3rd healer with our ele shaman filling in the spot as the second healer.

Basically what I need to know is how things have changed for resto in 10 mans, I've played healers before and know mostly what to do as far as gearing/cds are concerned.

So first off how much mp5 for 10 man heroic content? Currently sitting at about 12k buffed regen this appears to be fine in lfr but in 10 man with heavy rejuv use it maybe a problem.

Secondly is it still essentially keeping SM down on people that are stacked, wg on cd, rejuv on most the raid, and lb on the tank? And from my understanding soft is pretty strong, and going to be even better in 5.2 so I'm guessing that's the primary go to talent for the tier now?

And as far as I've seen the haste bps are something like 3200 and 6600 or so, the 3200ish one is easy, however is it worth it to reach the 6600 one and sac a lot of mastery/spirit?

I'll also be healing with a disc priest and shaman in 5.2 on the fights that i'm going to heal, so I'm guessing the shaman will be primarily tank healing, priest doing w/e disc will do in 5.2 and I'll mainly be on the raid.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Aside from the full detail in the sticky, you've got it.

Spirit on most gear so you're at a comfortable level.
Rejuv/WG/LB/SM, as you said, also HT for big single-targets or Nourish if there's no hurry, spend clearcasting procs on Regrowth/HT.
2T14 helps a lot with the amount of rejuvs you cast, it will be cheaper in 5.2 though.
SOTF is amazing with 4T14, without the setbonus it's totally optional.
Haste cap depends on whether you've got the 5% buff in your group, if the second one is in easy reach with the gear you have then it's worth grabbing, it'll work well with your healer lineup.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/13/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Felshifter
I've played healers before and know mostly what to do as far as gearing/cds are concerned.

Yep gearing is simple. Gear as muck spirit til you feel comfortable. My comfort zone is roughly 9k Spirit> Soft haste cap> Mastery.

As for CD's thats entirely up to raid composition. If you need NV or Inc then go for it, however if your raid group doesnt need it, then its overkill and at which point you may want to look at SotF or HotW, for better consistent healing.

So first off how much mp5 for 10 man heroic content?

Its all based on your other healers. Your role as the 3rd healer is stability. If your other healers are able to hold the fort down your able to get away with the 9-10k spirit through HM.

If your sitting at around 12k that maybe a little overkill ;-p, check out reforging some spirit into mastery.

Secondly is it still essentially keeping SM down on people that are stacked

More than likely you will be putting that on the tank. If people are stacked then great, but more than not your going to set that on the person thats being nuked the hell out of.

The real point of using SM on CD is it proc's your mastery, which is 20% increased healing which is massive!!! Without our mastery up we are garbage. Because it lasts every 20 seconds, and the only thing that keeps it up is a direct heal, SM is only 15 seconds so you should be using it on CD.

For example I used to heal Balerock back in FL. Whoever had the debuff from the crystal I would SM them and focus on tank.

wg on cd

Kinda, again going back to knowing the fights. I more than not have it on CD, but if your trying to get harder hitting WG's with SotF you want to time them with your SM.

rejuv on most the raid,

ATM thats not such a HoT (pun intended) idea. The fact that rejuv costs so much kinda sucks. My advise is use it, but use it wisely. If you can, get the HM Healing 2 piece and upgrade it. Going into 5.2 that will be a major buff and you will be able to blanket the raid all day. The 2 piece (reducing the cost of rejuv by 8%) combo'd with the nurf in cost of rejuv (9%) will definitely benefit us.

and lb on the tank

ABSOLUTELY!!!! You need that up at all times. Not because it helps healers, but because it procs OOC. OOC lets us free cast HT or Regrowth, which makes Omen of Clarity our bread and butter of resto healing.

Especially when you get your Inc: ToL, you are able to cast LB on more than 1 player so really what you want to do is blanket the raid and get OOC procs and instant cast your Regrowth. That is the best possible way of healing in ToL.

And as far as I've seen the haste bps are something like 3200 and 6600 or so, the 3200ish one is easy, however is it worth it to reach the 6600 one and sac a lot of mastery/spirit?

I dont recommend going to the next breakpoint. Unless your in full HM gear, your sacrificing more throughput for an extra tick, in my opinion not entirely worth it.

I'll also be healing with a disc priest and shaman in 5.2 on the fights that i'm going to heal, so I'm guessing the shaman will be primarily tank healing, priest doing w/e disc will do in 5.2 and I'll mainly be on the raid.

Nope your Disc priest is the tank healer. Resto Shamans, as well as you are raid healing. Focus your efforts on the raid primarily, except for keeping LB on the tank.

I would also like to add that even though Herb is not the optimal raid profession it can come in handy when you need a burst heal of WG. I forget the CD of lifeblood, but I would macro it into ToL or something along the lines of that, just so you have increased WG tics.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/15/2013 06:34 AMPosted by Skyotter
I would also like to add that even though Herb is not the optimal raid profession it can come in handy when you need a burst heal of WG. I forget the CD of lifeblood, but I would macro it into ToL or something along the lines of that, just so you have increased WG tics.

Ya we're not crazy hardcore or anything, and our sever economy sucks so I keep herb just to farm stuff for flasks/pots.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yeah I forget the CD of LifeBlood but if its a 3 min CD then pair that up with ToL, if its 1 min then I would conscider using it on CD so you can get some added ticks to rejuv or something.

Its funny you mention your server... I was on Ysondre a while back both ally and horde. My shammy is still there (Horde) as well as my priest (ally)... once Exodus left realm, that whole server went downhill haha. Damn I remember epic gems were hella expensive back in 4.3 lol.
Edited by Skyotter on 2/15/2013 9:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
rejuv on most the raid

Only do this if you like spending most of the encounter waiting for your Mana bar to refill. RJ on someone who will be taking or is taking damage - or has taken damage but doesn't need immediate healing. Or to set up a SM.

Mana Regen / Spirit levels are debatable forever. Back in October when raiding started, I think I was in the high 5000s and would find myself praying for OOC procs constantly. As I geared, I got into the high 8000s, and was fine on mana, even on Garalon. I recently decided to scale back my Spirit in favor of Intell and Mastery -- spirit is currently at 7100 and change. I do have to be more "choosy" on my healing, but having bigger heals has definitely offset it (at least from how healing feels to me - for all I know, my RL hates me and wishes I'd go back to casting more often). I even dropped my t14 2pc (LFR version) for a huge Mastery/Intell boost.

haste bps are something like 3200 and 6600 or so, the 3200ish one is easy, however is it worth it to reach the 6600 one

First threshold is 3043, and it's easy as long as your gear is 463+. I haven't seen anything that's concluded that the second threshold is worth hitting in current tier gear, but t15 might make it the best option.

If you're only used to healing LFR/LFD, you'll have to get used to working with your toolkit, but you'll be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/15/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Kerranggaroo
rejuv on most the raid

Only do this if you like spending most of the encounter waiting for your Mana bar to refill

5.2 will be different for Rejuv usage. We will be able to be far more liberal with rejuv blankets for anyone who keeps 2p14 and those who get 5.2 geared.
I wouldn't quite predict DS level rejuv usage, but probably not too far off, particularly with Wild Mushroom benefiting from rejuv use.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
95 Night Elf Druid
The real difference between 5.1 is like Tonydanza said - You can use more rejuv before having mana problems, and there will be occasions where healing shrooms might be useful. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have been doing 10M healing for quite sometime now, I haven't done HM since DS, my raid team has a bit of a falling out with just RL things going on.
Our raid team consists of myself, a resto shaman, and a disc priest, and if the disc priest can't show she gets replaced by a secondary resto druid.
I keep LB on the tank always three stacks. I have the glyph for bigger LB crits, so if the tank is in trouble and LB is about to end, I let it and usually crit for around 200k and then I reapply the stacks again. I keep SM on whatever tank doesn't have LB, and keep WG on CD usually letting it blanket the dps. I don't go too crazy with reju, just pop it on a few that are sitting around 80% not taking consist damage.

I have about 3k haste with not really trying for it. 10k unbuffed combat regen and about 11% crit without really trying for it either. My mastery is at 18%

When it comes to talents I don't run ToL, I run FoN since I am usually floating around 60% mana, I find the shorter CD and the free heals helps when I need a little push. When I did run with ToL i found that I would end up with no mana and starved the rest of the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I have been doing 10M healing for quite sometime now, I haven't done HM since DS, my raid team has a bit of a falling out with just RL things going on.
Our raid team consists of myself, a resto shaman, and a disc priest, and if the disc priest can't show she gets replaced by a secondary resto druid.
I keep LB on the tank always three stacks. I have the glyph for bigger LB crits, so if the tank is in trouble and LB is about to end, I let it and usually crit for around 200k and then I reapply the stacks again. I keep SM on whatever tank doesn't have LB, and keep WG on CD usually letting it blanket the dps. I don't go too crazy with reju, just pop it on a few that are sitting around 80% not taking consist damage.
I have about 3k haste with not really trying for it. 10k unbuffed combat regen and about 11% crit without really trying for it either. My mastery is at 18%

When it comes to talents I don't run ToL, I run FoN since I am usually floating around 60% mana, I find the shorter CD and the free heals helps when I need a little push. When I did run with ToL i found that I would end up with no mana and starved the rest of the fight.

Everything you just said is wrong not trying to be an !@#$%^- but first off your using a pvp glyph for LB the Glyph of Lifebloom is for pve it helps in tank swaps and is overall better since you need to always aim for a 100% up time on LB.

Rejuv is best used when someone is taking constant dmg if you use it at a target with 80% someone else will just heal them back to a 100% and your rejuv wasted on overheals.

The haste cap is 3050 its a little lower but ill stay safe with being above 3050 and you need to try for haste since its our most important stat till cap then its mastery crit is useless the only thing decent is your mana regen your mastery is low also 20% is what you should aim for.

The last part is so wrong you should get banned first off ToL is a MANA cool down if you do it right you spend no mana in ToL spam LB on everyone OoC procs boom insta free regrowth ( if you have glyph which you dont its a free crit usually around 90-100k) 2nd being around 60% mana is bad use innverate at 70-75% then on cd. FoN is the worst spell we have aside from mushrooms its so useless its getting a huge buff in 5.2 it should never be used it only last for 15 secs thats about 5-6 cast before its gone useless.

You're glyphs are all wrong you have the innverate glyph innverate should be used on you only nobody else. Then you have the glyph of rebirth is coming back @ 60% not enough? do you not think WG or RG glyph would be more useful even the rejuv glyph would be better..

Then we have you're talents pretty sure you just closed your eyes and clicked whatever you did the first talent right then for the 2nd talent you get a Tank and pvp CD for 3rd typhoon is good then FoN(BAD) then DR which is useless in pve but all three are mostly *!@# for pve MB could be useful if an add on will is hitting you but that doesn't matter your last choice is up too you at least you didn't chose DoC for all i know you're raid might have needed you to dps .
Edited by Vuluu on 2/18/2013 8:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/17/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Ellyrine
Our raid team consists of myself, a resto shaman, and a disc priest, and if the disc priest can't show she gets replaced by a secondary resto druid

Why another resto druid? I mean if your farming out, then hell why not, but if your trying to progress, Disc Priests and H Pallys are the only tank healers in the game.

I keep LB on the tank always three stacks

Correct

I have the glyph for bigger LB crits, so if the tank is in trouble and LB is about to end, I let it and usually crit for around 200k and then I reapply the stacks again

If what your referring to is Glyph of Blooming, you really dont want that unless its Tsulong Healing. Like I said above you want your Disc Priest (or H Pally) to worry about tanks. YOUR JOB IS RAID HEALING!!!!! I really cannot emphasize that enough. Yeah LB is your heal, however its real intention is to proc OOC. That is our bread and butter.

I keep SM on whatever tank doesn't have LB

SM is the best way to proc mastery. If you dont have mastery up your a !@#$ty healer (no offense to you just druids who dont have mastery up in general). So more or less it should be on CD. Our mastery lasts 20 sec. and SM is on 15 sec CD (w/out 4 piece). So its the best way to keep our mastery up.

keep WG on CD usually letting it blanket the dps

You cant choose where WG goes. Silly, it blankets the lowest targets. However, more or less you want it on CD. Great AoE HoT.

I don't go too crazy with reju, just pop it on a few that are sitting around 80% not taking consist damage

Good for right now that is what you want to do. Even with the 2 piece, you really kinda want to limit it to when people absolutely need it. However, with that said 5.2 will allow for a BIGGER blanket. I am not saying keep it up on everyone at all times, but definitely you will be able to use it more freely. As an added note I want to put; If you can, keep the T14 Resto 2 piece for as long as you can IMO. That will really be huge for us combo'd with the mana nurf. At that point you will be able to blanket rejuv all day.

I have about 3k haste with not really trying for it 10k unbuffed combat regen and about 11% crit without really trying for it either. My mastery is at 18%

Just get the 3043 break. Which you already have. I mean it only shows you at 7.7 Spirit. For me that seems low, however if your comfortable with it then I wont stop you. Personally if I were you, replace your red gems with Int spirit. If you like where your regen is, then I would just keep your stats the way they are, but if your struggling get the spirit. Again IMO. Dont worry about crit thats lame. But you really have a low end mastery. Get that up almost immediately. All my resto gems are 1/2 and 1/2. Red are Int spirit, blue are spirit and mastery. Plus most of my resto reforges go towards mastery as well.

When it comes to talents I don't run ToL

I recommend CD's when your group really needs it. FoN ATM is %^--nasty. I really recommend not going with it. I have yet to see the numbers for 5.2 but I hear they are getting buffed and I am sure at some point they will be viable, however right now I dont recommend them. If you dont run ToL, I recommend SotF. It jacks up the haste of your WG and rejuv. That means extra tics on the group. Again go with CD's if you absolutely need them, otherwise they are a waste on your bars and I dont see them being useful. However if you need that push, especially Grand Empress when adds come out, scenarios where you need burst damage then go with CD's.

Ok lets get into the nitty gritty of things you didnt really mention.

Why renewal? Its a terrible spell. You dont need a self heal, YOUR A HEALER You want NS for resto. 1 min CD. A free instant HT or regrowth on your tank? As well its an instant Brez!!! Why the hell not!?!?!?!?!?

Why would you go with Disorienting Roar? Just out of curiosity. I have never seen a resto/balance druid ever go for that.

Lastly why HotW? Its nice for the passive 6% int effect, however not optimal. NV again is burst healing, a little bit of damage. Seems pretty nice. If you stack and have your mastery up at all times you really have no need for 6% passive int. Again IMO.

Lets talk about glyphs. WHY IN GODS GREEN EARTH WOULD YOU CHOOSE INNERVATE!!!!! That is ours and exclusively ours. If your giving out an innervate to another player, you are not using it right. Innervate is ours only never and i really mean never give out innervate, that is our spell. You instead want either WG glyph, which I love. The other you might want to look into is Glyph of Regrowth. It almost guarantees Regrowth to proc. If you dont have hybrid gear like I do I guess its useful, however I find no use for it because most of my resto gear is from my boomkin MS and that already has hella crit on it. Lastly, are you the only person with a Brez? Unless your the only one, you glyphing the battle rez really is the only time you would glyph it. If you have multiple b-rezes then get another glyph put in.

It seems as though you have some of the mechanics down, but why you do the things you do are for not the right reasons. But good luck and if you need more help feel free to post back!!!

\(^_^)/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]