Disconnecting every few minutes?

Starting today, I've noticed that WoW is disconnecting on me every few minutes. I do not have lag or latency issues, and I've never had this problem before today. The game kicks me back to the login screens with the "You have been disconnected" error. I can log back in immediately.

I've discovered that it isn't a WoW-specific issue, however. My internet hiccups for 2-3 seconds, DCing me from any online game open at the time. My brother, who's computer is connected to the same modem as mine, isn't having this issue. Could this be the work of a faulty Ethernet cable? (if that makes sense...my knowledge about this stuff is lacking.)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/13/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Korago
Could this be the work of a faulty Ethernet cable?

The easiest way to find out is to try another Ethernet cable, Korago. Do you have another one lying around?
Could this be the work of a faulty Ethernet cable?

The easiest way to find out is to try another Ethernet cable, Korago. Do you have another one lying around?

EDIT: I do not have another cable long enough to reach my computer from my modem.
Edited by Korago on 2/13/2013 4:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm having the same problem, except i'm on a wireless connection. For the moment, it seems to only be WoW doing it.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hatchetgalor, if you're wireless, try changing wireless modes on your router or modem, starting with B Mode. That has helped other wireless players with connection issues.
Update: I brought my computer down to the modem and hooked it up there with a different cord, but I was still having the issue. I plugged in an old network card to my computer and use that, and it started working fine for the rest of last night, even while using my old cable. Woke up this morning and it started happening again.

So, it's not the cable. I thought it was my motherboard's network plug acting up, but I guess it's not that either. I'm out of options.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/14/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Korago
Woke up this morning and it started happening again.

Was it happening again with the old network card?

What is the make and model of your modem, old network card, and motherboard network adapter?

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]