Helping Pet battlers create solid teams.

90 Human Paladin
Hey I been looking for something more to do with my pet battling time so I decided to start helping create teams for people.

I already have fifteens teams made. All tested and Anni approved. Just look through my pets they are named T (two-fifteen) each number represents a team.

I will also be taking request if you want a team based around a specific pet, ability or weather effect.

Just post what you want include but not limiting to pets to be used, abilities, weather, using only pets owned, ext ext.

It will take me some time to create some teams but I will inform you when I start working on your team and when you can expect it to be done.

P.S. Some of the teams already in my journal may not be perfect as I couldn't find the breed that would be best. Or specific teams have pets that can be swapped in or out depending on ur play style. Feel free to ask me about them and how they work (what abilities your going to ant to use).
Edited by Annimositty on 2/13/2013 8:58 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
hows my team look? i win around half my pvp matches, my theme is using the raven and familar to keep in darkness, which seems to slaughter any team reliant on a heal pet, and my skull is my nuker, with 100% hit chance on spectral strike since I am keeping darkness up with my other 2 pets and ghostly bite as a desperation move.

The raven and skull are my main two I use in the team, nocturnal strike hits fairly hard while in darkness, my familiar can hit hard at times too, but not as often as the skull and raven.

The team was made with the familiar in mind, but like i said, it seems to have taken the back seat of the group.
Edited by Masayume on 2/13/2013 9:06 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
Those two are the basic pets used in a darkness team. But to be 100% honest with you I don't mess around with darkness teams since it invites more RNG into the fight.

But I don't understand your question. Do you want me to build you a new darkness team or just find you a 3rd compatible pet?
90 Night Elf Druid
Perhaps a more suitable third, or go the opposite route and a team that familiar can be more viable
90 Human Paladin
Ok sure, this one might take me a while since I don't play darkness teams. Check back in a couple days and I will post my progress.
90 Night Elf Druid
awesome, thanks :D
90 Worgen Druid
Soul of the Aspects is good for Darkness as it brings a reflect (seen to be deflect) to your team and it gains a 100% stun through darkness. Gives you a bit of survivability.
90 Human Paladin
02/13/2013 09:35 PMPosted by Sibenice
Soul of the Aspects is good for Darkness as it brings a reflect (seen to be deflect) to your team and it gains a 100% stun through darkness. Gives you a bit of survivability.

I generally try not to use pets that people don't have. Especially since store pets cost $.

But he is right, this is generally the best pet for a darkness team but not so much with the reflect changes that are coming soon.
Edited by Annimositty on 2/13/2013 9:58 PM PST
90 Worgen Druid
I generally try not to use pets that people don't have. Especially since store pets cost $.

But he is right, this is generally the best pet for a darkness team but not so much with the reflect changes that are coming soon.

I was too lazy to look, but you're right. :P

And I don't know about that. Sure, it's a little bit of a damage loss but you still retain the ability to avoid some incoming damage (and a large amount if you're smart about it) plus the 100% chance to stun is really useful.
90 Human Paladin
Ok Masa this one was really tricky. I took a look at your pets and created what I believe to be the best darkness team you can use.

I also took into account the nerfs that will be affecting all the darkness team pets (Ghostly skull, reflect users, ext ext)

I tried and tried again but Feline is far to weak to be used reliably in a darkness team. Low HP, Slow, and Prowl nerf will make him near useless.

Anni's Darkness
Ghostly Skull (Breed 7/HP breed)- Shadow Claw, Spectral Strike, Unholy Ascension
Enchanted Lantern- Burn, Flash, Light
Gilnean Raven (Breed 5,15)- Alpha Strike, Call Darkness, Nocturnal Strike

This allows you to freely start and swap pets and have the pet swapping in benefit from the debuffs/weather the pet before it places. It also adds a crazy amount of defence through your lantern to avoid those heavy hitters and allows you to use Light without having to use flash as a set up (plus u can use flash to blind those pesky elementals or b4 u die to set up your raven or skull)

It was kinda fun making this team but be aware that darkness adds a 10% accuracy debuff so some fights even if u play perfectly u will lose due to the elevated RNG levels.

Also Weather affects are being nerfed to 5 rounds so I don't know how it will effect this or any weather team for that matter.
Edited by Annimositty on 2/14/2013 4:32 PM PST
90 Human Death Knight
Anni's Darkness
Ghostly Skull (Breed 7/HP breed)- Shadow Claw, Spectral Strike, Unholy Ascension
Enchanted Lantern- Burn, Flash, Light
Gilnean Raven (Breed 5,15)- Alpha Strike, Call Darkness, Nocturnal Strike

This allows you to freely start and swap pets and have the pet swapping in benefit from the debuffs/weather the pet before it places. It also adds a crazy amount of defence through your lantern to avoid those heavy hitters and allows you to use Light without having to use flash as a set up (plus u can use flash to blind those pesky elementals or b4 u die to set up your raven or skull)

It was kinda fun making this team but be aware that darkness adds a 10% accuracy debuff so some fights even if u play perfectly u will lose due to the elevated RNG levels.

Also Weather affects are being nerfed to 5 rounds so I don't know how it will effect this or any weather team for that matter.

Only darkness was nerfed to 5 rounds, and I personally wouldn't bother with it. It'll be a weak comp in 2 weeks.
90 Human Paladin
02/14/2013 06:13 PMPosted by Surrender
Only darkness was nerfed to 5 rounds

Well good to know. But the teams fine, its the best darkness team Masa can make. I only played 80 games with it but I won 52 of the 80 which is a better win ratio then some of my other teams.

It certainly has it weak points but it can hold it's own against most comps.
Edited by Annimositty on 2/14/2013 6:29 PM PST
90 Human Death Knight
Also, I noted that you told them to run unholy ascension. No way I would run that right now. Ghostly Bite is far superior when combo'd with spectral strike. Frankly, if your gonna run latern, I'd just run another skull, going with 2x H/P skulls. Not too many comps can survive that burst outside of triple FFF right now, and the stats are just horrible on the lantern.

As of 5.2 I would dump it though, too many factors working against it...... Can't stack spectral + ghostly on skull, 5 round darkness, prowl nerf, reflection nerf, stun nerfs, spectral strike nerf, etc. Pretty much every variation of the comp got hit hard.

But back on topic, if your not willing to buy store pets, double skull is the way to go with this comp. H/P skull(s) with a speed crow as was suggested earlier. SotA isn't bad if your willing to invest money, but again, be warned its not that good come 5.2.

Also, spectral strike is bugged and strikes elementals regardless under darkness. Don't try this with nocturnal strike though as it actually functions properly vs elementals and darkness.
Edited by Surrender on 2/14/2013 7:06 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
Ok Masa this one was really tricky. I took a look at your pets and created what I believe to be the best darkness team you can use.

I also took into account the nerfs that will be affecting all the darkness team pets

Sigh, of course you wouldn't run it now. But it doesn't hurt to get used to not having that crazy !@# dps. If you have so much time to try to poke holes in the team you haven't even played or tested why not offer something a little more useful?

Masa asked for a suitable 3rd pet for his team and that's what I did. Masa doesn't have store pet's and it has already been said that they are the best for darkness comps atm.
Edited by Annimositty on 2/14/2013 6:55 PM PST
90 Human Death Knight

I also took into account the nerfs that will be affecting all the darkness team pets

Sigh, of course you wouldn't run it now. But it doesn't hurt to get used to not having that crazy !@# dps. If you have so much time to try to poke holes in the team you haven't even played or tested why not offer something a little more useful?

Masa asked for a suitable 3rd pet for his team and that's what I did. Masa doesn't have store pet's and it has already been said that they are the best for darkness comps atm.

Actually, I have ran ALL variants of Darkness, look at my pet list. 2x Skull, skull/sota, monk/sota, Darkness with Crow or Feline Familiar, etc. Fact is lantern is a weak choice. Brings a redundant Blind (especially since spectral is bugged and if your running SotA it doesn't care about anything but the weather).

Either way, I would pack a second skull before I would lantern for the stupid amount of burst + Undead passive. As a side note, if you really wanted to run "lantern", I would suggest a Wisp before that. Much better than that Breed 3 crap and practically the same moveset.

But then again, why would I know about all these little quirks with darkness if I didn't run it. I guess your completely right.

Edit: In before "you haven't ran it with Lil' Deathwing/Scourged Whelping/Wisp/any of the horrible lanterns.
Edited by Surrender on 2/14/2013 7:02 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for the help, I'll be on look out for a magic-stone to try this out :)
90 Human Death Knight
02/14/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Masayume

Wisp are fairly farmable. Its been awhile since I toy'd with them, but SPD breed is what you want if I recall (Its base 11, so thats 357 SPD at 25, just as fast as a SPD Silver Dragonhawk and rabbit, so it'll pretty much ALWAYS go first). The only thing you lose over the lamp is access to burn......but thats not a huge deal for the tradeoff of far superior stats. You'll never be able to reliable use burn anyways for taking down mechs on it, stats are too bad.
Edited by Surrender on 2/14/2013 7:16 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
02/14/2013 07:00 PMPosted by Surrender
if you really wanted to run "lantern", I would suggest a Wisp before that. Much better than that Breed 3 crap and practically the same moveset.

I did run it with wisp, the breeds are great but the move sets are not. In fact I went through dozen of comps that included a Bat, Wisp, Snow Owl, Feline Fam. I only settled on Lantern when it became apparent how weak the wisps soul ward or arcane explosion is.

02/14/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Masayume

I hope you like it its really fun for a darkness team.
90 Draenei Shaman
This might be a lot to ask, but... what would be your advice for picking pets to make a pvp team to begin with? I've done plenty of pet battles in the quest chains, but I have yet to try a pvp match just because I'm not sure where to even start in choosing types/pets.
90 Worgen Druid
02/14/2013 07:00 PMPosted by Surrender
Actually, I have ran ALL variants of Darkness

Bet you haven't! :D

Spectral Tiger Cub is like FFF in a darkness cump. Mine hits for around 1.7k. :P
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]