Helping Pet battlers create solid teams.

90 Tauren Warrior
No problem; read it from one of Simca's undocumented PTR threads (thanks for all the work Simca!).
90 Worgen Druid
I've only briefly dabbled in PVP and mostly gotten destroyed. Any ideas for a team from my stable of pets that would work in PVP? I have a Flawless Critter & Flying stone so I can upgrade pets from those families to blue quality, and I'm willing to level anyone out of my group though I'd prefer to use some of my 25's.

you have some great pet's any pet u like in specific?

I'm not sure if he's really viable, but, I have a softspot for my Baby Blizz Bear...any team possible around him?
90 Human Paladin
Ok Pitzi I'm done. This team gave me a lot of problems and when I say a lot I mean a LOT. Of course had I read your post a little more carefully I wouldn't have missed that you like using Deathy. I might have realized he had scorched earth sooner. I ran the team with my Fel Flame who's attack is very close to Deathy's and when testing him I didn't use Conflag or Breath so he served as my "Deathy"

Deathy-Punch, Scorched Earth, Clobber
Phoenix- Peck, Immolate, Conflagrate
Sen' jin Fetich- Flame Breath, Wild Magic, Dark Simulacrum

This team is great since you can set up weather with Deathy, Clobber and use the stun as a cover to switch to Pheonix. From there you can either Conflagrate or Immolate depending if his pets an elemental or not. After that it's best to swap out your Phenoix and use your Fetish to wild magic, breath to do damage and burn turns. The second your Conflagrate has one turn left on it's CD switch to Phoenix to Conflagrate. All the while Deathy has healed from his weather. Phoenix is fragile so this team takes advantage of his speed and decent attack to its max. This is a rough strategy of course and things don't always go smoothly since your opponent has his own thing going but I did very well even without the stun and the heals from Deathy's racial. Dark Simulacrum is a very tricky ability but it's very powerful. Just try to match him up with a pet who has an ability you want to steal (this will be hard to do until you really can glance at pets and can predict what move set's they have and when people usually use these abilities) But it really gives the team flexibility a team with a set move set does not have. (I have stolen abilities like wish and ghostly bite tons of times)

I also made a team with pets who use buried treasure (your quilen cub). You only have the pets to make the weaker version of this team but here it is. So any pet with Worgs move set is ok (he's just the best).

Fjorde Worg Pup (P/P breed)- Flurry, Howl, Dazzling Dance
Venus- Lash, Sunlight, Stun Seed
OR
Singing Sunflower-Lash, Photosynthesis, Sunlight (Weaker version)
Mr. Wiggles- Diseased Bite, Buried Treasure, Uncanny Luck
OR
Quilen Cub- Comeback, Buried Treasure, Trample (Weaker Version)

The team is very simple, Sunlight boosts both Mr.Wiggles % based heal so it heals more from the increase HP pool and the 50% heal buff. Stun Seed act's as a stun cover and Uncanny Luck gives your Stun Seed a 25% chance to crit or you can just send out Worg to Howl and have it hit twice as hard. The best pattern is Sunlight-Stun Seed-Howl-Dazzling dance (giving your wolf a speed of 325) and Flurry away or you can just go with your Piggy to Uncanny Luck and heal yourself for 650 which you can do every 3 turns. The dance also boosts your Venus's speed above almost everything in game to ensure the maximum damage from Lash. Plus if you have to swap or your pig dies as long as you get the Uncanny Luck up you can use it to its maximum potential since Flurry and Lash really abuse this ability.
Edited by Annimositty on 2/22/2013 5:36 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
UPDATE

Kata and Asorin I will work on your teams 2morrow. I'll either post the teams or my progress then.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm just running around collecting pets and just opened the Outland trainer quests at this point but would like to see what pets I should be concentrating on to be a strong team(s). Especially to help level up my level 1's.

I've read a lot of things but I get lost with all the technical jargon and am a lousy Pokemon player to boot (hate grind-leveling =P)

Also, am I supposed to not turn in the completed trainer battle and abandon it to repeat for more XP? Is that how I should be leveling instead of just random battles in the wild (rare hunting!!)?

A team to facilitate collecting and one to fight trainers would be good. The present team can get through Trixxy finally (last nite) and haven't tried the EK side yet.
90 Worgen Warlock
How important is it to have the "right" breed?

For example, your Core Imp, Fel Flame, Fung Abom team calls for a H/H Fel Flame. I already have a rare H/S Fel Flame, so is it worthwhile for me to try and find a H/H and using a stone if necessary?
90 Human Paladin
I'm just running around collecting pets and just opened the Outland trainer quests at this point but would like to see what pets I should be concentrating on to be a strong team(s). Especially to help level up my level 1's.

I've read a lot of things but I get lost with all the technical jargon and am a lousy Pokemon player to boot (hate grind-leveling =P)

Also, am I supposed to not turn in the completed trainer battle and abandon it to repeat for more XP? Is that how I should be leveling instead of just random battles in the wild (rare hunting!!)?

A team to facilitate collecting and one to fight trainers would be good. The present team can get through Trixxy finally (last nite) and haven't tried the EK side yet.

The dropping trainers quest bug has been fixed. I took a look at your pets and I would say level your Disgusting Slime/Clockwork Gnome/Celestial Dragon as they will prob carry you through not only the rest of the quest line trainers but the final Pandaren Masters. You can also replace Celestial Dragon with your already leveled Crawdad and be just fine. Prob make everything easier. Crawdad and Anubish Idol make trainer/masters a joke (most the time)
Edited by Annimositty on 2/22/2013 6:41 PM PST
90 Human Paladin

For example, your Core Imp, Fel Flame, Fung Abom team calls for a H/H Fel Flame. I already have a rare H/S Fel Flame, so is it worthwhile for me to try and find a H/H and using a stone if necessary?

Na the H/P breed is fine prob better in a couple of situations the H/H breed just gives you a little extra breathing room. The difference will be almost unnoticable (frankly the H/P is better; its just that the H/H breed can survive a FFF combo of lameness and have enough hp to attack once more. As much as I hate to plan around a single pet, you can't really ignore that he is everywhere)
90 Worgen Warlock

Na the H/P breed is fine prob better in a couple of situations the H/H breed just gives you a little extra breathing room. The difference will be almost unnoticable (frankly the H/P is better; its just that the H/H breed can survive a FFF combo of lameness and have enough hp to attack once more. As much as I hate to plan around a single pet, you can't really ignore that he is everywhere)

Sweet thanks for the reply - that looks like a really fun team. Look forward to playing with it.
90 Human Paladin
Sweet thanks for the reply - that looks like a really fun team. Look forward to playing with it

I hope you enjoy it. gl
76 Blood Elf Paladin
Can you base something off Lil'XT? Just got him as a gift from a friend and would like to use him..
90 Pandaren Monk
Thank you so much for your time and effort Anni

I will probably level up both teams, focusing on Deathy/phoenix/Fetish - I had a quick question,

Fjorde Worg Pup (P/P breed)- Flurry, Howl, Dazzling Dance
Venus- Lash, Sunlight, Stun Seed
OR
Singing Sunflower-Lash, Photosynthesis, Sunlight (Weaker version)
Mr. Wiggles- Diseased Bite, Buried Treasure, Uncanny Luck
OR
Quilen Cub- Comeback, Buried Treasure, Trample (Weaker Version)

Are the top two setups to use with Quilen cub, with the first set (pets I don't have) being stronger than the setup with the singing sunflower and Mr. Wiggles (who I do have)?
90 Human Paladin
Quilen Cub is the weakest of the Buried Treasure users since his attack is so low. Mr. Wiggles is far better not only because he has an undead ability (diseased bite) but his Uncanny Luck brings some major power to Lash and Flurry.

If you do have wiggles the team will be almost perfect (at least to my design). Sunflower is not at all a weak pet since he has a very nice heal and massive HP pool. It's just that he is very slow with weak attack and even with Dance he only reaches a speed of 304 (can't remember exactly) So your lash wont hit as hard as Venus. And you don't get that stun seed to assist you with swaps so swapping pets becomes risky.

Venus-Wiggles-Wolf is the best but you can pull off Sunflower-Wiggles-Wolf too. Replacing Wiggles with Cub will just make the team weaker
Edited by Annimositty on 2/23/2013 7:21 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
02/23/2013 01:20 AMPosted by Rytram
Can you base something off Lil'XT? Just got him as a gift from a friend and would like to use him..

I already posted this one but just incase you missed it =P

Fel Flame (H/H breed)- Flame Breath, Scorched Earth, Conflagrate
Wild Golden Hatchling - Breath, Call Lighting, Fly
Lil' XT- Zap, Heartbroken, XE-321

This is my T Five, I usually use Tantrum just cuz it's so fun but the XE-321 is a much safer ability and frankly more effective. You use the ability zap a couple a times and the turn this bad boy is meant to hit your enemy you use Heartbroken. It's important you set up Scorched Earth before hand so there is a 100% chance you will get the 100% damage increase buff. Whats great about this is XT is so damn slow that you usually use the ability after they have already hit you avoiding any damage you woulda taken from the 50% damage buff take a little damage from the weather nearly one shot (if not kill the pet in field) then swap out your XT so he doesn't take the 50% damage increase next turn (or keep him in to take advantage of the 100% damage buff) but be aware he will still have the debuff on him. Also swapping into your Fel Flame means that after someone gets eaten by your bomb the next pet is going to have to eat a Conflagrate. If you want something else let me know.
Edited by Annimositty on 2/23/2013 3:11 PM PST
90 Worgen Hunter
This is a great thread. I was wondering if I could build a viable team with 2 oozes and a 3rd pet. I love Ooze pets and wanted to try 2 on the same team. Is this viable?
90 Human Paladin
02/23/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Tastyhowl
This is a great thread. I was wondering if I could build a viable team with 2 oozes and a 3rd pet. I love Ooze pets and wanted to try 2 on the same team. Is this viable?

I would say no. Any teams with with two of the same family will get rocked hard by counters and the magic class is unlucky to have dragons as their counter cuz they are everywhere. I have heard/seen people running a triple undead team and I guess they have had some success due to critters being kinda of a weak family but that's just not the case for magic users. I have posted three teams with Oozes at this point (here is the last one) I really don't want to make another -.-

Kata your team's done. It ended up just being an offensive version of my T Twenty One. I don't have any Mech stones but Warbot may be a better choice then Darkmoon tank since he has wayy more attack and also has Build Rocket. I would say it would be worth a shot if you ever get a stone.

Thundering Hatchling- Tail Whip, Call Lighting, Fly
Jade Ooze (P/P breed)- Absorb, Corrosion, Acidic Goo
Darkmoon Tonk- Charge/Missile, Minefield, Ion Cannon

You want to open up with your tank drop a minefield and then switch to Thundering Hatchling. (I used Golden Hatchling as a replacement) Most the time I could just pound away with my dragon untill he died and then come back in with my tank to either finish the first pet of or drop another minefield since their second pet already set off the first set of mines (then I would either Charge away to kill the remaining pet or Ion Cannon if they are within its KO range). You can also keep your dragon alive and switch to ooze. It really depends who your fighting. Cyclone is fine for this team but fly is invaluable to avoid gyser/ice tomb/stun seed like abilities. Frankly your dragon/ooze/tonk will be hitting so damn hard that a little bit of damage from cyclone didn't really seem to change the outcome of the fight much while Fly really helped me survive longer.

Oh ya, this comp took a major dump all over anyone running with FFF, Anubish Idol. with your Ooze as a protection from instant KO and your tanks mine preventing that lame swap into reflects/instant FFF kills. I would literally just decimate them;not even a chance. I had several fights with a guy using nothing but crabs that was more of a challenge then the FFF/Idol teams.
Edited by Annimositty on 2/23/2013 1:44 PM PST
90 Worgen Hunter
Thanks for the reply, I wouldn't want you to waste time on another just curious. =)
76 Blood Elf Paladin
I can get a H/H fel flame with some patience. im FAR and away from a Wild Crimson Hatchling however. what can i replace that with?
90 Human Paladin
02/23/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Rytram
I can get a H/H fel flame with some patience. im FAR and away from a Wild Crimson Hatchling however. what can i replace that with?

Oops, sorry It's Golden Hatchling not Crimson. I know this doesn't help but I fixed the post for anyone else who might like that comp. Anyway I will remake the the team with pets you own. Not sure how long it will take maybe Sunday if I don't have any problems. I just need to think of some different uses he may have.

UPDATE Asorin I am pretty much done with your team the win ratio on this team is amazing -.-. I just haven't really been matched up with ppl running with FFF and some of the other OP pets so I'd like to test it on them before it give the team a green light. Prob post it in several hours, the dudes who use these team usually start queing about now.
Edited by Annimositty on 2/23/2013 3:19 PM PST
90 Orc Rogue
Build a team for me please! My favorite ability is Tail Sweep, so anything that incoporates that would rock.

Happy to level any that I have if needed, happy to find easy ones i'm missing.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]