Lets all share our stories...

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Hunter
Of when a GM actually helps you when you submit a ticket.

Seriously, I can remember putting tickets in for glitches in quests or no loot from bosses. However now-a-days they can't do anything. I get locked from sha earlier this week and did not get loot or an extra roll, they find a way to blame it on the fact that I could have been MC when sha died, or exploited the boss kill by inviting another group... (I'm not entirely sure how that is possible). When afterwards I read the forums and a GM actually admits that sha is a bit glitched for some people in receiving loot.
It seems like when I put a ticket in, the GM has a way of blaming the issue on something I did. Another example, being on darkspear I was in a RBG and right as we won my server crashed. Darkspear was going through lots of crashes at this time. So when I got back on and noticed I got no rating or conquest I put a ticket it. They said my internet must have disconnected... So I guess the server crash was my fault too? Mind you I was as detailed as possible in both my tickets.

I just want to be treated like a valued customer and when they don't even read the ticket I summit correctly it is insulting.
90 Tauren Druid
Every ticket I have ever submitted has been resolved to my satisfaction, including an account hack many years ago, restoring deleted toons, restoring items (before the self-restore, obvs), switching incorrectly looted items to other players, awarding me achievements that I didn't earn due to a glitch, and more.

Once I did receive a "canned response" from Blizz that did not relate to the ticket I submitted, but when I pointed this out in a response, they resolved the problem immediately.

Story shared.
20 Human Hunter
I've never had issues.

They've restored deleted characters, found my place in the questing in a zone (didn't help me with the quest, but guided me to find where I'd left off), answered questions, asked some of their own (usually regarding bots I've seen).

Yea on the generic stuff -- usually reporting other players for cheating/rule breaking, I would get a canned, scripted response, with a personalized first and last paragraphs but...

They've always been polite, done what they're able to, and been as quick as they can. The most I've waited, I think, was a day.
90 Tauren Paladin
Its all in the attitude. Stop being rude with them and they will help you. I try to be funny and ''happy'' in my tickets. Try it out.

I dont remember their name, sadly, but everytime i had to resort to a GM, they been helpful.

So yeah. Don't hide information to us, because im almost sure you arent relax when you talk to them.
90 Gnome Mage
account got hacked, sent in my ticket, had everything fixed within an hour.

I've had nothing but good experiences with wow's customer support.
90 Worgen Rogue
I had deleted this guy at the start of Cata and played a druid. I felt regretful and asked if they could bring my character back, and sure enough they did. Also my brother's account was hacked and they restored everything back to the way it was before the hack...

I've had no issues.
1 Blood Elf Priest

Seriously, I can remember putting tickets in for glitches in quests or no loot from bosses. However now-a-days they can't do anything. I get locked from sha earlier this week and did not get loot or an extra roll, they find a way to blame it on the fact that I could have been MC when sha died, or exploited the boss kill by inviting another group... (I'm not entirely sure how that is possible). When afterwards I read the forums and a GM actually admits that sha is a bit glitched for some people in receiving loot.
It seems like when I put a ticket in, the GM has a way of blaming the issue on something I did. Another example, being on darkspear I was in a RBG and right as we won my server crashed. Darkspear was going through lots of crashes at this time. So when I got back on and noticed I got no rating or conquest I put a ticket it. They said my internet must have disconnected... So I guess the server crash was my fault too? Mind you I was as detailed as possible in both my tickets.

I just want to be treated like a valued customer and when they don't even read the ticket I summit correctly it is insulting.

To be fair, GM's are human. If you put a ton of detail in your tickets, like you say you did, there may be TOO much information, and information that overlaps. That can occasionally muddle what your actual issue is. When making a ticket, simple is best, don't add extra information that doesn't need to be there.

As a side note, GM's don't fix bugs, so if you report a glitched quest or item, or anything... they can't do a thing about it. YOU must submit a bug report for it to be investigated. GM's are not game developers or coders. They simply cannot fix bugs in the game.

When you say you were dc'd just as you won your RBG, and you submitted a ticket, the GM's check the logs. If their logs don't show you won, they can't award you a rating or points. It's not that they don't believe you, but they have a specific set of rules they must follow, it is their JOB. Everyone has rules at their job, and we cannot break them just because someone asks us to.

I'm sure they'd love to help out and go the extra mile for players, but really, think about it. With 10 million subs, where do they draw the line? Do you realize how many people would do anything and everything to bend the rules and exploit the leeway GM's would provide? No, it's better for them to follow their rules, even if it means saying no and disappointing someone. That way it's fair for everyone, nobody gets special treatment.

As for me, I've never had a poor GM experience. Perhaps it's because I've worked in CS for 20 years, many of them in call centers, so I understand how it feels to want to help someone, but having to say no so I don't jeopardize my career. I make my tickets brief and clear, and if I don't get my hopes up. If they can help, they will, and if they can't help, I understand it's not a lack of caring, or poor customer service... they are just doing their job, following the rules as laid out by their employer.

Sometimes in life we don't get what we want. You learn to accept it, and move on. There will be just as many times you will get what you want.
Edited by Snowshoes on 2/14/2013 10:15 AM PST
90 Gnome Priest
I've had some good experiences. One time my guild was in FL and the firewall on Alysrazor didn't despawn after a wipe, nor could we reset the instance. We opened a ticket and within 15 minutes we had a GM helping us get it fixed. Before loot became tradable in an instance, I frequently would open tickets to have loot given to other players that I had been given in error by a master looter and they usually had the items removed from my inventory and in the mail to the other player within 24 hours.

I've had some bad experiences, like when I was making another report regarding an ongoing harassment issue by members of a guild I used to be in and got told to use the right-click reporting for player names that violate naming policy. WTF?

Comes down to GMs are people, too. They're usually trying to do their job to the best of their ability and they will make mistakes. But as players we can make their jobs much easier by not opening tickets for dumb reasons or when other options are available. The fewer frivilous tickets they get and have to reply to, the more time they have to help players with legitimate issues that can only be handled by a GM.
90 Tauren Druid
I'm betting these types of responses are not quite what the OP was looking for.
90 Night Elf Druid
I have nothing but positive feedback when it comes to experience with GMs. They have always gone far beyond what they needed to do.

In Wrath I was gearing up my DK, and was about to buy some emblem gear. I don't know what I was on but I got it into my head that if I downgraded my Conquest down to Valor, and then down to Heroism, I could then turn them into Triumph. As soon as I did I realized how completely stupid I was and asked a GM if it would be possible to get my Conquest back.
I would have completely understood if they said no, as it was completely user-error.
I would have been happy had he/she given me my Conquest back.
But no, the GM converted all my now Emblem of Heroism into Triumph.

I don't often have encounters with GMs, but when I do, they are always beyond nice.
82 Night Elf Druid
I deleted this guy mid-way through BC, and put in a request to get him restored after reading another thread here asking about something similar.
Not an hour later, he was restored in all his leather and cloth-wearing glory.

Well that's my story, thank you and god bless.
Good night.
85 Tauren Druid
To be fair, GM's are human. If you put a ton of detail in your tickets, like you say you did, there may be TOO much information, and information that overlaps. That can occasionally muddle what your actual issue is. When making a ticket, simple is best, don't add extra information that doesn't need to be there.

This can be applied to most situations where you are asking for help, and I completely agree.

I get situations like this all the time at work. So many people feel the need to give their life store or some excuse as to why they need me to do something. I really don't need all that extra information to do my job. All it does is waste time.

It wastes both my time and your time and anyone else waiting in line. Not only do I have to listen to your whole story before I can even start, but if I can't help you and need to transfer you to someone else who can help, you'll just have to tell your whole story all over again.

In addition, it just makes you look suspicious if you have to tell this whole elaborate story, like you are trying to hide something or are making up some excuse. I have to look for suspicious things as part of my job, and most of the people who do have some elaborate story are trying to pull one over on me.

In the end, if I really need more information, I will ask for it. What may be important to you, may not be what is important for me to do my job. And most of the time, after the long story, I have to ask for specific information that you didn't give anyways, which just takes even more time.

Keep it simple and concise. Get to the point without the extra fluff.
Edited by Selenic on 2/14/2013 1:28 PM PST
28 Night Elf Monk
I have submitted several tickets to Blizz and have always gotten satisfaction from the contact.

Fixed it when I got hacked.

Brought back a toon I regretted deleting.

Explained to me that the quest I was having trouble with wasn't bugged. Even tho I had no ranged attacks to hit the mob with I was given a spear to kill it with when I got the quest. I had picked up the quest long before I ever went to do it and totally forgot about it. The nice GM didn't even tell me I was an idiot, which is how I felt. I now REREAD the quest info if it's been a while since I picked it up lol.
90 Tauren Druid

I think the problem is the incorrect expectation when the ticket is put in. Game Masters aren't magicians who can zap things into being (well maybe they can but they can't just around doing that and keep their jobs) They are bound by policies set forth by the developers. If the program do not show and back up what you're saying, who will they believe? Will believe a random person who's claiming 1 thing? Or will go by what their program shows? I would hope that their policy dictate that the GMs must follow what their program shows.

although it may seem unfair that the Game Masters appear to always be blaming the user... let's be honest here. I would wager that most mistakes are done because of user end. When I've accidentally DEed an item, it was because of my boneheaded mistake of not paying attention to what I'm doing. WoW is not a sentient being. It is not skynet (yet) It does not have an ulterior motive. It does not force you to do things you didn't mean to do. It doesn't change your auctions for you. WoW simply does what the user tells it to do most of the time.

While I can't comment on your exact situation, I've never had a problem during Sha.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Every single time I have put in a ticket for something game-related, I have been assisted professionally and friendly. Every single time.

Blizz's track record for Customer Service with game issues is stellar.

Other issues, not so much.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Last week on alt, won a loot roll in a random heroic, loot never appeared in my bags.

Put in a ticket, a few hours later the item was in my mail with a nice note from the GM.

Characters restored, items restored, trade skills reset due to my own stupidity, characters logged in to see if they could see what I was seeing, and many other things.

Overall, EVERY ticket I have submitted in the last 8 years has been answered and addressed to my satisfaction, some with very entertaining GM interaction.

I love the game but the customer service i have personally received is also a reason I keep playing.
Support Forum Agent
02/14/2013 09:23 AMPosted by Ebu
I get locked from sha earlier this week and did not get loot or an extra roll, they find a way to blame it on the fact that I could have been MC when sha died, or exploited the boss kill by inviting another group... (I'm not entirely sure how that is possible).

It isn't about finding a way to place blame, Ebu, it is simply giving possible scenarios that may have caused you to not be eligible for loot but also counted as completing the encounter for the week.

Though we try to help when we can, we are not always able to help in each and every situation.

02/14/2013 09:23 AMPosted by Ebu
Another example, being on darkspear I was in a RBG and right as we won my server crashed. Darkspear was going through lots of crashes at this time. So when I got back on and noticed I got no rating or conquest I put a ticket it. They said my internet must have disconnected... So I guess the server crash was my fault too? Mind you I was as detailed as possible in both my tickets.

The Game Master you spoke with may not have been aware of any particular issues that Darkspear was experiencing. All they could see was that you disconnected, not what caused it.

Unfortunately, you were asking for something that our In-Game support staff is unable to grant you. Regardless of why you did not receive points or rating, we are unable to adjust those numbers. It is simply not an ability that our support staff has available to them.

Perhaps the following can give you a better idea of what our In-Game support staff does do.

What does a Game Master really do

As always, the appropriate venue to provide feedback regarding your interaction with our Game Masters would be to answer the survey that should be made available once your ticket has been resolved.
Edited by Vrakthris on 2/14/2013 4:04 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]