Dear Blizzard....

86 Human Death Knight
I met this girl in the public test realms, her name is Lindsey. She revealed the fact that she is a Game master.. and i wasn't sure how to react to the fact that she made this video as well.. [Removed] Didn't know where to post this. So i came here.

I might as well add she is very rude...
Edited by Vrakthris on 2/14/2013 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The video is made from a private server, just like most WoW videos that show something out of the ordinary.

GM's do not sit and answer tickets in the game world. They can appear in the game world, should the need ever arise, but that is quite rare.
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
Nope, she's an actual GM. I'm sure of it. She gave me proof, she also shown my Vanilla, before everything was done. I didn't want to see it. But she had shown me anyway.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
02/14/2013 01:40 PMPosted by Tsukii
Nope, she's an actual GM. I'm sure of it. She gave me proof, she also shown my Vanilla, before everything was done. I didn't want to see it. But she had shown me anyway.

Don't believe everything people tell you on the internet.

GMs are NOT allowed to reveal themselves as such on their private accounts.

02/14/2013 01:40 PMPosted by Tsukii
she also shown my Vanilla

I have no idea what this means?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Unfortunately, GM's do not moderate on the PTR, so therefore Lindsey is not an actual GM. Sorry :(
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Please be sure to send the link to the video to the Hacks Team via this webform:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
1) Blizzard employees are not allowed to reveal themselves as such on their personal accounts (which are the same as yours or mine - no special powers). Doing so is a severe violation of policy that would get them fired.

2) The GM account and associated tools can only be used in the Blizzard offices where they work. These systems are tightly controlled and monitored, there is *no way* someone could've made a YouTube video on one. See getting fired above.

So...fake video from a private server and someone claiming to be a GM. Impersonating a GM is a very serious offense, report them.
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
Me* Sorry.
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
I guess i should add the fact that she did a, DOX (Documentation.) On me and a friend...No longer friends because of her.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
02/14/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Tsukii
I guess i should add the fact that she did a, DOX (Documentation.) On me and a friend...No longer friends because of her.

I have no idea what this means either.
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
~Facedesktop.~
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Someone is trying to scam you. *Nothing* you have mentioned is even remotely real.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
02/14/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Tsukii
~Facedesktop.~

What do you mean by she did a documentation on you?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Tsukii, you're not being particularly clear, which is why people are having a hard time understanding you. Everyone is right though... she's NOT a GM. GMs can actually get in a lot of trouble for saying in game that they work for Blizzard.

"Proof", especially if she is using a private server to make videos, would be very esay to fake, too.

Edit: That video is from a private server. GMs no longer have to log into a version of the game, from what I remember, and no GM is going to ask "What did he say to you" when told a character was swearing. They're going to ask for a name, then look up the logs.
Edited by Ambermist on 2/14/2013 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
She found out my IP address? My real name, My age, PERSONAL, Information, My browser history, Etc, Etc.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
02/14/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Tsukii
She found out my IP address? My real name, My age, PERSONAL, Information, My browser history, Etc, Etc.

Then you've been hacked.

There are various way to get someone IP addy.

A GM would not have access to your browser history. I have no idea why you would think so.
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
Thunder, Leave. n.n

@Ambermist Well you do have a point... But the real question is, what do i do?
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
02/14/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Tsukii
Thunder, Leave. n.n

Welcome to a player to player forum.

I have not broken any rules, and have actually given you the correct answers.

If they have access to your private info, then your system is compromised.
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
02/14/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Thunderwulf
If they have access to your private info, then your system is compromised.

It could also be a close friend trying to play a prank or trick Tsukii into doing something.

Regardless, Thunderwulf is right, you should listen to him and the others that have posted already.
Edited by Terrawynn on 2/14/2013 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/14/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Tsukii
But the real question is, what do i do?

As I said earlier, submit the video to the Hacks Team via the webform:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html

And as mentioned previously, open a ticket to report the person impersonating a GM.

And finally, start doing scans for viruses, malware, and spyware. That is how they get your information and you need to clean out your computer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]