PVP guilds are going broke repairing!

90 Blood Elf Hunter
Please please give guilds a way to make guild bank (gold) achievements from pvp. For instance when a group of 4-5 guild members complete a battleground it could be worth X gold to the guild bank.

We had a small guild that's been growing quickly with success. As such we need to refine our ways of allocating gold for repairs but there's no way to keep up with the costs of armor on as many people as we have today without going and killing dragons! Is that what we get for attracting more people by being awesome at pvp?

Our sole focus is pvp..
Look, save a dragon, punt a gnome.

Thank you for your consideration.
Edited by Ravon on 2/14/2013 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Do your dailies. Don't let the guild use the guild bank for repairs. Have them pair for their own repairs.

The same thing all guilds have to do to pay for their repairs, even PvE guilds.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Rogue
Make sure you are doing your PvP guild challenges.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
It is amazingly easy to make gold, and would only take each member of the guild 30 minutes, if that, a day to keep up the guild bank.

I'm sure as with any type of group activity in-game, there are idle periods while waiting for queues to pop?

Instead of standing around a city, go out and farm some mining nodes, or find a good spot to AoE farm skins. It's not hard.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Do RBGs; 1500 gold a week.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
we do guild RBGs. I didn't come here for suggestions but thank you.

To the first response, that's not pvp. I wasn't joking when I said 'sole focus is pvp.'

Thats why i post, for others like me. Uninterested in the other parts of the game and only wanting to pvp. There's winning RBGs (which isn't easy!) and at that its 1500g at most per day. That's nothing ><.

The one bonus is that there will be pvp dailies in an upcoming patch..
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I didn't think dying to flagged players in PVP combat caused durability loss...?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
it does. at a much slower rate.

However when we raid alliance cities or instigating world pvp around hellfire (just 2 examples) dying in those areas you can suffer full durability losses depending who you die from.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 04:15 PMPosted by Yubz
I didn't think dying to flagged players in PVP combat caused durability loss...?

You still lose durability while doing PvP and if that's all you do, it can get expensive when you don't have cash coming in.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/14/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Nugglesworth
You still lose durability while doing PvP and if that's all you do, it can get expensive when you don't have cash coming in.

I heard professions exist... and aren't just for PVE players.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Warrior
Gold is rather absurdly easy to accumulate in this game.

I don't really see a reason to put in yet another way to accumulate it.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Yubz

I heard professions exist... and aren't just for PVE players.

No, they aren't... They also aren't for me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Isn't there an honour item vendor? Just convert honour into sellable items and you're good to go.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

because PVP doesnt generate enough gold to accomodate PVP guilds of more than about 20 people?
Edited by Ravon on 2/14/2013 4:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Nugglesworth

Learn to not jump from a height of 200,000 feet... Take the time to actually not get fall damage done to you, and you should see it slowing down. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

For a smaller, solely focused PVP guild it can be a hard commodity to obtain. Considering free repairs can drain a bank pretty fast.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

I guess gold isn't for you then, either.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Lexdysic

Learn to not jump from a height of 200,000 feet... Take the time to actually not get fall damage done to you, and you should see it slowing down. >.>

Fall damage has nothing to do with it... Besides, I never take fall damage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

because PVP doesnt generate enough gold to accomodate PVP guilds of more than about 20 people?

You might need to stop guild bank repairs, unless members are willing to donate gold to the bank, or start doing things like dailies, even though you don't enjoy them.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Yubz

I guess gold isn't for you then, either.

If you're just here to tell other people how to play, why don't you just go play your way and leave us to discuss stuff we like to talk about.

:)

Ohh, but then you couldn't force your line of thinking on everyone else. We're here to conform to your thinking. That's right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]