PVP guilds are going broke repairing!

1 Orc Warrior
Yeah, I'd think winning a BG with x number of players from your guild in group should be worth x gold at the end. The details can be worked out later, but as a matter of concept, it's a good idea.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
02/14/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Nugglesworth

Just a thought... a bit of a "flip side" to your complaints. How about the people who are terrible at PvP (like me lol) who then need to PvP to complete Holiday achievements? I'll likely never get my violet drake, because I can't bear the thought of putting REAL PvP'ers through having me in their BGs.

It seems, it works both ways, for both groups, does it not?

Not really. You don't need to complete the holiday achievements to repair your gear.

They need to complete PvE to repair their PvP gear from PvP.

Eh, you have a point >.<

Guess I didn't think that through. Sorry!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
They should have "Guild random battleground" Win 5 games in a guild group and you get 170 g or something.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
02/14/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Kelish
And, yet, I don't hear raiders complaining about gold...
a lot of raiders do what pvp'ers could do as well. Play the AH.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Buy the level seventy PvP daggers with honor points, vendor them.

Profit.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Move people in your guild to rank 2 that meet a min of guild activity each week,
and move em down to 3 if they dont.

set it so rank 2 has repair, rank 3 dont

oh and this?
02/14/2013 04:15 PMPosted by Yubz
I didn't think dying to flagged players in PVP combat caused durability loss...?

i thought that too? is that still true?
Edited by Kendamd on 2/14/2013 5:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Kendamd
i thought that too? is that still true?

You don't take dura loss from dying in PvP. You take dura loss from damage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Suck it up.

I love raiding. I mean back in WotLK, I breathed it. So to compete, I had to do LFG's, had to do dailys, had to do rep grinds. I could not just jump into raiding. Boy, did I hate everything I had to do to just compete in raids.

Every Raider, has to grind crap they do not want to do. How do you think you PVPers get out of it.

Just suck it up.

Now, as I understand it, I have to start rep grinding again. I have to do dailys. I HATE doing that crap, but I will have to start. Just to raid, we have to do so much crap. We have to max out our Proff, as well as a bunch of other crap.

Just suck it up.

You can compete, just by doing PVP stuff. If someone gave you 25,000 gold, you could just PVP. Well, gold does not buy rep (miss you hodir rep). So just stop your crying and...

Suck it up.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
There is a good way to make gold from bg's and just a minor amount of usage of the AH.

When you kill somone in a bg, loot their corpse. DMF comes around but once a month I realize, but you can make a fair sum of gold during that time. Rack up on the items that occasionally drop when looting players in bg's. Sell these items during the week DMF comes around, and you can make several thousand gold with very little effort.
Reply Quote
I enjoy both PvP and PvE and I have to say that my repair bill from a night of questing is multiple times higher then a night of BGs.

So if you wanna talk about "fair" (as in guilds getting extra gold for BGs) then perhaps we should also look at making the repair bills from PvP equal the repair bills from PvE.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Please please give guilds a way to make guild bank (gold) achievements from pvp. For instance when a group of 4-5 guild members complete a battleground it could be worth X gold to the guild bank.

We had a small guild that's been growing quickly with success. As such we need to refine our ways of allocating gold for repairs but there's no way to keep up with the costs of armor on as many people as we have today without going and killing dragons! Is that what we get for attracting more people by being awesome at pvp?

Our sole focus is pvp..
Look, save a dragon, punt a gnome.

Thank you for your consideration.

I underlined an important part of your argument, and you repeat it throughout the thread, that you PvP and ONLY PvP.
I find totally amusing to check your guild's achievements (as well as your own). For a guild (and player) that is strictly PvP you (and guild) sure seem to have quite a few PvE achievements and seem to run LFR fairly regularly.
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Paladin
it does. at a much slower rate.

However when we raid alliance cities or instigating world pvp around hellfire (just 2 examples) dying in those areas you can suffer full durability losses depending who you die from.

Yay for lowbie ganking guilds. You must have fun driving off all the newbs.
Reply Quote
70 Human Warrior
no absolty not!!!!!! PVPers have it easy because they dont have to grind like crazy for gear rai like raiders. you just have sit back click que and there your get honor while raiders have to do dailies and many other stuff.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
My guild started with 30,000g in the bank and we just let it be known that when its out, its out. Ya, it kinda sucks that with no looting there's no cash flow.

The obvious solution would be to make corpses in BGs drop a relevant amount of gold. In IoC the other day I was looting 14c off bodies. Why not a gold or two like any other mob? People would be lucky to make it out of a BG with 10 or 15 gold unless looting was ALL they were doing. Either way, it'd be a terrible way to make gold so I doubt we'd see much of that.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
I agree something would be a nice addition. For a while now I thought winning the first random of the day should net you a little gold, like doing a daily quest. It could give a portion to gbank kind of like when doing dailies as well. It wouldn't be much but it's a start.

No idea why the PVEers are coming in here trash talking about it when it doesn't affect them at all, they're overreacting and have nothing to say about why it's a bad idea other than "it's a PVE game", which means... absolutely nothing here. I guess, for some odd reason, they don't want the PVPers in their guild contributing to the whole either.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/14/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Damiona
I enjoy both PvP and PvE and I have to say that my repair bill from a night of questing is multiple times higher then a night of BGs.

Your night of questing also grants additional gold and items...

Not even sure how you can compare questing with battlegrounds...

Especially at max level, that's where most of my gold comes from. Skipping high level quest content to do later at max level for the higher gold rewards plus vendor junk from the crappy quest greens.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I think the reason they don't offer guild challenge rewards for normal BGs is they don't want to encourage coordinated guild groups to gang up on random BG groups. They'd rather see guild groups in RBG.

If you're running through more gold in repairs than the guild bank takes in, time to audit how those repair bills are getting racked up. PvP has some minor durability loss, yes, but not that much unless people are getting sloppy and taking damage from environment or NPCs. Sounds more like members are taking a beating in PvE activities then charging it to the gb bank.

One option for guild challenges might be to win 3v3 or 5v5 Arena matches while in a guild group, say up to 10 matches for 150g each. Seems like a reasonable equivalent to the PvE-based challenges.

And as others have said, get in the habit of looting in BGs. It's not much but little amounts do add up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I underlined an important part of your argument, and you repeat it throughout the thread, that you PvP and ONLY PvP.
I find totally amusing to check your guild's achievements (as well as your own). For a guild (and player) that is strictly PvP you (and guild) sure seem to have quite a few PvE achievements and seem to run LFR fairly regularly.

Congrats for stalking us. Yes I've PVEd i didnt get all the way to 90 without it.

What will I do today? PVP. Tomorrow? PVP. This weekend? PVP.

I dont need to explain myself to you though.

This is about guild funds for pvping together as a guild.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Agreed with this lack of gold from PvP is a real killer, im Holy/Holy, takes forever to do a daily, on a dead server so cant make much G off professions. only time i "need" gold though is when i get a new piece of gear, repairing sucks after maybe 10 Battlegrounds you have to repair & thats a bit costly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]