The Warlock

90 Human Warlock
So I've been playing a warlock off and on since the end of vanilla. The class has changed so much in that time and is absolutely unrecognizable for me playing one now. Shadowbolt used to be our bread and butter for various specs. Its a good thing that the class has changed and I understand the fact that there are a lot of bad warlocks now. The rotations for each spec are a lot different and you have to spend time reading guides and such on what is the best rotation for each spec.

I really like the new tanking glyph and I think its a positive step to draw ppl to the class. We've received multiple abilities to mitigate and prevent damage. It appears to me that a tanking warlock is the next step in light of all the changes to the class. Reading the forums there have been a lot of warlocks who have taken this glyph seriously.

I believe in a patch down the road blizzard should consider making a viable tank spec for warlocks and let us que as tank for 5 mans/heroics. The game needs more tanks, the ques for 5 mans as dps can still be fairly long especially during off peak play-time hours. I don't think warlocks should replace raid tanks though. High end raid tanks have always and should always be a warrior.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Warlock tanks? No.

No.

And no.

Don't come on MY forums and try to push your radical agenda.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Warlock tanks? No.

No.

And no.

Reply Quote
Warlock tanks? No.

No.

And no.

Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I think it's pretty small minded and hidebound for any one person to claim sole rights to a forum, which by definition is a platform for multiple ideas from multiple contributors. He raises a valid point and while the warlock class has traditionally been a "pure" dps class that is an almost archaic idea at this point. Why did Blizzard give so many tank-esque talents to demonology without anticipating this just might cause people to want a warlock tanking specialization.

I mean seriously for demonology you have:
Dark Apotheosis
Nether Plating
Mastery increases mitigation in DA form
Unending resolve
A damage absorption shield
Dark Soul which in DA raises your damage reduction to near demi-god levels
Tier 1 talents that all revolve around HP regeneration
Can use goSac + soul link for a massive hp boost
Can sac voidwalker for a massive hp boost CD

I don't even have very good gear and with goSac + soul link + the VW sac skill I can get over 700k hp, that's not shabby with 60k+ armor w/o mastery stacking. Just saying, Blizzard should have a little more foresight if they want to avoid discussions like this. Oh wait, I just assumed Blizzard would do the intelligent thing in regards to the warlock class.... >.<
Reply Quote
Most of the survivability CDs and abilities were put in place for pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Everyone back up. make way for the lvl 81 warlock that knows everything.

Seriously, I respect he came from vanilla, but he should know not to judge till he reaches max level. And max level is pretty hopeless for warlocks in pvp. Still hoping that 10% damage reduced taken does something. Doesn't seem likely since they're not at all touching healing regen.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
So much fail in this forum I hope a blue comes by and smites it out of existence. Warlocks "hopeless" in pvp at max level? Duuumb
Reply Quote
Two locks tanking LFR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwlPDQzeRoU

I'm sorry if you just say no to warlock tanking, it's probably b/c you suck in the 1st place.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Two locks tanking LFR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwlPDQzeRoU

I'm sorry if you just say no to warlock tanking, it's probably b/c you suck in the 1st place.

LFR doesn't really count. Now how a video to a normal raid of a warlock tanking then I would be impress.

Plus the two warlocks that are tanking are Inca and Sparkuggz from Method who have heroic BIS so they out gear lfr by leaps and bounds.
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Kruil
LFR doesn't really count. Now how a video to a normal raid of a warlock tanking then I would be impress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVizzkwekr4
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/15/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Sweetñess

Impressive but it was just the Spirit Kings which isn't a big fight for tanks. Let tanks tank since they have the best tools for the job. If warlocks want to tank so bad then re-roll.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Warlock tanks? No.

No.

And no.

Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
Warlock tanks? No.

No.

And no.

Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I support Warlock Tanking.
Reply Quote
Seriously why are people against the option of having warlock tanks? If they manage to flesh out the tanking side of things then it would be a new and interesting addition to the game. However, if you don't want to tank, then you wont have to. The posts above are a good example, people reject the idea but don't have any resemble argument to reject the idea.
Reply Quote
B/c they don't know how (scared) to lead.
It's not like they have to tank
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
02/15/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Kruil

Impressive but it was just the Spirit Kings which isn't a big fight for tanks. Let tanks tank since they have the best tools for the job. If warlocks want to tank so bad then re-roll.

We could show you a video fo a Demo tanking Heroic Sha and you'd claim it as a niche. =P

Locks are a literal patch and about 4 fixes away from becoming viable: A Dodge>Stat conversion, an anti-crit solution, a vengance-esque mechanic and a viable taunt.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
We could show you a video fo a Demo tanking Heroic Sha and you'd claim it as a niche. =P

Locks are a literal patch and about 4 fixes away from becoming viable: A Dodge>Stat conversion, an anti-crit solution, a vengance-esque mechanic and a viable taunt.

I'm also against Warlock tanks for the fact that the lore doesn't support it. Pretty soon people will want Warlock healers, Priest tanks, and before we know it...our class that we enjoy playing will be like everyone else.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]