Kicking people in relation to guilds in LFG.

90 Orc Shaman
I posted this in general earlier but I figured it belonged here.

I was tanking in a dungeon. Vortex pinnacle.

Around the second boss fight one of our dps died from somehow falling off the platforms and ended up staying dead for a long time. He didn't release and refused to run back. I figured whatever we can do the rest of the instance without him.

We get to Asaad and he's still dead(the dps). I had tried to kick him already but it did not work for some reason. I just pressed on. But I refused to give this guy the reward for a dungeon completion for putting absolutely no work into it.

I opened up another kick again and it failed... again. I see that 1 other group member was his guildie and I immediately figured out that he was the one not letting the kick go through. Less than a second later I started getting derogatory insults whispered to me which will not be repeated here.

This behavior is unacceptable. Both of them were reported but this issue shouldn't be happening still. Guildies being able to gang up on other people in Dungeons. There should be exceptions to the kicking rule applying to people in guild groups.

There's no perfect solution I understand this. But I hope blizzard is planning to do something about this. It's getting more and more common for guild groups to abuse kicking.
Edited by Fenrus on 2/14/2013 8:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Stop being a lazy !@# and press ONE BUTTON to revive the guy.

Your whole post shows a condescending and superior attitude. You're not the WoW police force. The kick system seems to be working as intended here; it prevents you from trying to be judge, jury and executioner of who is worthy to roll on loot.

Figures someone jumps on me. I'll mention that he had fallen off the cliff and we were unable to rez him. One minor detail makes people flip out. How would you like it if someone was doing this in your group?

You really think it's fair for someone to sit on their butts in a dungeon and do nothing then cuss you out when you try to kick them? Please read my entire post.
Edited by Fenrus on 2/14/2013 8:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
There's really nothing Blizzard can do here. You can ignore both of them and enjoy the thought that they will get longer queues because they are missing one of the few tanks queueing at their level and time of activity.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
02/14/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Autumni

No where does he say he did not cast a res. He also posted that he was tanking, so its possible he did not even have a res. Sorry even I lose my patience if they don't actually bother to take the first res, especially given vortex pinnacle gives you a port so you don't have to run the whole way back.

OP, 2 guildies can't stop a vote kick, 3 votes are all that are needed, Based off your story a 3rd person was voting no or not voting.

Their are exceptions to the kick rule, a Preform guild group of 3 needs 4 votes to kick but a pug group only needs 3, in addition a group of 4 that vote kicks is punished more then a random group of 4.

Right click and report any chat that you feel breaks the rules.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight

Run back in the 20 minutes that nobody ressed you.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Your whole post shows a condescending and superior attitude.
Forums be flooded with irony on this merry day!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/14/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Kegstomp
Your whole post shows a condescending and superior attitude.
Forums be flooded with irony on this merry day!

QFT.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thank you Autumni for making the rest of Caelestrasz look like a cesspit filled with the worst bile imaginable.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Whisper to the other group members to get naked, and go ahead and pull the boss. Bonus points for doing it in a shapeshift form so it's not obvious that you're planning a wipe.

And make sure you /ignore the offenders so you never have to deal with them again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I had a similar situation. Was doing heroics to cap VP with 2 friends. We had tank, healer, dps, and 2 undergeared dps who were doing like 5% of the total damage each. We were in scarlet halls skipped the 2nd boss because we don't fight bosses we can skip since we wanted to get VP as fast as possible and the 2 undergeared dps in the same guild kept complaining spouting swear words, we could 3 man the instance easy.

It wouldn't let us kick the 2 bad dps, kept saying vote failed or whatever.

They just stayed at that 2nd boss eventually they pulled it and died. We killed the last boss and left.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/14/2013 08:05 PMPosted by Fenrus
I see that 1 other group member was his guildie and I immediately figured out that he was the one not letting the kick go through.

If memory serves, it takes 3 'yes' votes to perform a kick in the LFG. The initiator of the kick counts as one. If the guildmate was voting no, then there are still two other people who can vote. If they had both voted yes, then the dead party member would have been removed, even with a guildie voting no.

There's more to this story than you're telling us.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

There really isn't much more to tell sorry. I'm not trying to be secretive or anything. The third person knew them maybe or they weren't paying attention?
Edited by Fenrus on 2/15/2013 6:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
02/14/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Fenrus
Figures someone jumps on me. I'll mention that he had fallen off the cliff and we were unable to rez him.

If you fall off the side in VP, the wind catches you and takes you back to a platform

02/15/2013 04:53 PMPosted by Gruklaar
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
02/14/2013 11:25 PMPosted by Il
Thank you Autumni for making the rest of Caelestrasz look like a cesspit filled with the worst bile imaginable.

??

I'll draw a long bow and make the assumption that you think my post has something wrong with it, in fact likening it to bile.

Now, you have so little respect for the intelligence of anyone reading this forum that you assume they are incapable of separating one person's forum post from the personalities of the other 20,000 or whatever people on the server?

If anything it's you giving the server a bad name with your crass generalization and labeling it a cesspit.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Figures someone jumps on me. I'll mention that he had fallen off the cliff and we were unable to rez him.

If you fall off the side in VP, the wind catches you and takes you back to a platform

Well I'll be sure to travel back in time and take a screenshot thanks..

In the time that he was dead he could have released and ran back even if we COULD rez him. It doesn't matter.
Edited by Fenrus on 2/15/2013 7:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/15/2013 07:04 PMPosted by Autumni
I'll draw a long bow and make the assumption that you think my post has something wrong with it, in fact likening it to bile.

Well, the fact that it was deleted is a good start, and you were somehow required to cuss the poor guy out like a massive tool. The good people who had something to say about your horrid post quoted it so we can still see it.

Now, you have so little respect for the intelligence of anyone reading this forum

No honey, I respect the intelligence of everyone except yours, because you can't read, cuss people out and act like a hypocritical tool. When you learn to control that filthy mouth of yours, hopefully it will be after you've been permabanned from the forums.

that you assume they are incapable of separating one person's forum post from the personalities of the other 20,000 or whatever people on the server?

Because you over analyze, and you're the type of person who probably talks down to their peers to feel superior. It's still true, when you're acting like a massive tool like right now, they can tell a server is bad.

If anything it's you giving the server a bad name with your crass generalization and labeling it a cesspit.

I didn't label it, you are still a hypocrite and you are still making Caelestrasz look bad.
Edited by Il on 3/12/2013 7:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

He said 1 person makes it look bad, which is true.

Cenarion Circle is known as Sarosha Land now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
02/15/2013 07:00 PMPosted by Autumni

Not everywhere in fact pretty much not anywhere.

Now, you have so little respect for the intelligence of anyone reading this forum t

You jumped on someone assuming things that where not said, get over it.
Reply Quote
93 Human Paladin
I sometimes feel that the LFG system should not allow partial group queuing - and if the group is a full manually formed group, it should not be able to queue for replacements, but should be able to invite manually. My only *REAL* objection is that this is one step closer to Blizzard eventually removing the ability to group queue entirely in order to force tanks and healers to carry terrible DPS instead of only grouping with DPS they know personally and trust. Also it would suck to be unable to group with guildies for 5-mans without a full group, if I ever again get in the mood to run 5-mans.

Not only would this eliminate the complaints about how somebody got molested by the bad guild group and it wasted a whole 20 minutes of their time, but it would open the door for a variety of mechanics that could help detoxify the LFG environment that are currently difficult or impossible to make work in the presence of partial groups.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]