Subscription question

89 Orc Monk
Is it possible for the subscription to just... cancel itself when you choose the 6 month plan?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
nope. after the initial transaction is cleared you would have to go in and cancel it manually then the account woudl cut off after 6 months.

alternativly you can purchase digital time car codes from the blizzard store i belive one option is 180 days.
Reply Quote
43 Pandaren Monk
02/15/2013 07:26 AMPosted by Garita
Is it possible for the subscription to just... cancel itself when you choose the 6 month plan?

Are you asking because you want it to cancel? or because it did cancel and you do not understand why?

If you choose a 6 month recurring subscription, it will continue to bill every 6 months until you manually cancel it. You can manually cancel it at any time during the 6 months up until a couple of days before it is due to bill. The account will go into a pending status for a few days before and after the bill date. You are still able to play but you cannot cancel during that time as the payment is being processed.

If you just added 6 months time and it canceled that would mean that somewhere down the line the payment either failed, was rejected, or charged back by the bank.
Reply Quote
89 Orc Monk
nope. after the initial transaction is cleared you would have to go in and cancel it manually then the account woudl cut off after 6 months.

alternativly you can purchase digital time car codes from the blizzard store i belive one option is 180 days.

Can a change of expiration date freeze the renewal process?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yes it could. You need to go in and actually 're subscribe' with the new card details.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
AnW
02/15/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Garita

Yes.
Reply Quote
43 Pandaren Monk
02/15/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Garita

As the others stated yes it can and does. We see posts here quite frequently with this same issue.

I suggest making a new billing profile for that card. Sometimes if you go in and edit, to change the date, it can still have issues. In my experience it works better if you just do it like you are adding a brand new card.

Also you can find helpful instructions in the sticky at the top of this thread.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147177758
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]