Easiest ranged dps spec?

What's the easiest ranged class to raid as at about the 80th percentile - good enough to raid casually but not so much that I need to learn all the intricacies of the spec?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
elemental
Reply Quote
92 Undead Mage
02/16/2013 01:10 AMPosted by Kolzi
elemental
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
All are simple. If you care about percentiles pick one where the spec is rarely used. Knowing mechanics and how to maximize+gear will be your best bet.
Reply Quote
I meant to just use that percentile at a reference point. I want to know what spec is the easiest to play, regardless of how difficult it may be to master. Of course they're all fairly simple, but some specs' basic priorities/rotations are undoubtably easier than others.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
arcane
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Elemental is extremely simple. They offer some cool utility too (Healing CDs, totems), making them a pretty fun option.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Mage
Destruction Warlock.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Holy
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/16/2013 01:10 AMPosted by Kolzi
elemental
Reply Quote
They are all very similar at the moment, really, except for 2+ DoT specs with procs that have a little more to pay attention to.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
02/16/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Mindplague
Holy

This.

And I'm not trolling - single target, Holy Priests actually can do reasonable levels of DPS.

Of the "DPS specs," Elemental Shaman are probably the simplest at the moment.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
02/16/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Mindplague
Holy

Hey now....u and i...we keep that to ourselves.
Reply Quote
I would say Elemental Shaman.

Keep 100% uptime on Flame Shock and Searing Totem, use Lava Burst on cooldown, cast eart Shock with 7 Lightning Orbs, and spam Lightning Bolt for filler. AoE is Chain Lightning spam.

It's a little more complicated than that if you want to play it at a higher level, but you can still perform pretty well just by following the very simple steps above.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hunter
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Ele is pretty faceroll,I can't imagine there's an easier ranged spec atm.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Ele or arcane...hunter is either instant or mobile but prolly too many buttons for a new player. Locks aren't going in a healthy direction destro wise for 5.2...ele is safer. Mages are always going to be strong but you compete with more players and more people wanting the same gear.

Ele will be easier to gear and easy to play.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/16/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Malethus
Destruction Warlock.

Arcane, so easy even your grandmother can play it
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
02/16/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Malethus
Destruction Warlock.

The rotation itself is quite easy, would be my first recomendation. If not for:

02/15/2013 11:35 PMPosted by Agriculture
at about the 80th percentile

Maximum potential accounted for; destro isn't reaching this mark.

Elemental has enough to manage in their raid rotation without being to overly complex; and it puts out good numbers.

Arcane is absolutely not the way you want to go; its been re-iterated 4 times on the PTR already. We probably won't even recognize the spec after 5.2 hits.
Edited by Acteon on 2/20/2013 10:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/17/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Nexian
Hunter
You have no idea what our opening sequence is like do you?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]