solution for ganking

70 Human Warrior
After so many threads of people being ganked at low levels. well here a good solution. After being ganked for 7-10 times within 8 minutes. And death must be within 3 secs of the first damage hit (not cc traps, mind control fear ETC). The player should be given an option to turn their WPVP off for about 10-20 minutes.
100 Undead Priest
How about this...if you are ganked 7-10 times within 8 minutes, your character is deleted forever? Then you can reroll on a pve server?
70 Human Warrior
02/17/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Crawlspace
How about this...if you are ganked 7-10 times within 8 minutes, your character is deleted forever? Then you can reroll on a pve server?

-_-. i really dont have a problem with being ganked because im the owner of a 60 twink guild on kel thuzad ally called <Invulnerable>
68 Blood Elf Paladin
MoP has made PVE servers so incredibly popular. I bet blizzard is laughing at all the cash that's falling from the sky with the server changes.

Makes my server more active. I'll give pvp servers about 5 months before the only pvp'ers on there are the gankers themselves. It'll be like a Battle Ground server with no community or economy.
Edited by Winnipeg on 2/17/2013 11:38 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
02/17/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Aceharrdlife
turn their WPVP off

the game has this, it's called a PVE server
70 Human Warrior
MoP has made PVE servers so incredibly popular. I bet blizzard is laughing in all the cash that's falling from the sky with the server changes.

Makes my server more active. I'll give pvp servers about 5 months before the only pvp'ers on there are the gankers themselves. It'll be like a Battle Ground server with no community or economy.

this is not about da post but just wondering. winnipeg, are you a twink and if soo are you in a twink guild. because my twink guild which is pretty popular wants more pvpbg action and the horde isnt doing much.
90 Troll Druid
MoP has made PVE servers so incredibly popular. I bet blizzard is laughing at all the cash that's falling from the sky with the server changes.

pretty sure KT and Illidan are some of the most populated servers in the US and oceanic realms.....

they're both pvp, and with crz the imbalance doesn't matter anymore; everyone is fair game again.
idk,

02/17/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Skrump
The ganker should take durability damage equal to the difference in the level of the characters. A sociopath level 90 who ganks a level 30 would take 60 points of durability damage to their gear. It doesn't prohibit ganking, but it imposes a small cost which discourages doing it repeatedly.

yeah that is not a good idea. i usually target the 85-90's it isn't fair to get 5 durabilty damage.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
Ganking is not actually a problem except in the mind of those who shouldn't be on pvp realms, therefore it does not need a solution.
90 Troll Warlock
I laughed.

If you want to PvP, play on a PvP server.

If you can imagine a scenario above level 10 where you would not like to PvP, play on a PvE server.

Problem solved.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

Players that are brand new to the game are sometimes going into PvP realms expecting reasonably fair gameplay.

The solution is educating new players and keeping new players off PvP realms.

It is not nerfing the game into the ground because someone has unfounded assumptions.
100 Night Elf Druid
You can't solve something that isn't a problem.

Now a relevant thread would be whether blizzard should allow free transfers for people who didn't know what a pvp realm was.
90 Goblin Priest
Or they could outright make it impossible to attack a player that is five levels or less below you, but then the griefers who get their kicks from butchering the helpless couldn't trot out their, "PvP happened on a PvP server" meme.
100 Night Elf Druid
There are many players who would enjoy good, fair, evenly matched world PvP, but that's not what world PvP is about anymore. It's all about trying to disrupt the gameplay of other players by repeatedly killing their low level toons. And because Blizzard condones this sociopathic behavior, many players who might ordinarily participate on PvP servers, are instead playing on PvE servers. Quality world PvP would be more vibrant if Blizzard just chose to curb the ganking.

That's a self contradictory statement, PvP servers have never been fair and are clearly described when you select a server as not being intended to be fair and should very very quickly become quite obvious to a new player that they are not fair.

If you want fair pvp role on a pve server.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]