solution for ganking

90 Human Rogue
Or just re-introduce dishonorable kills.

Or make it easier to transfer/reroll on a pve server.
90 Tauren Druid
Or just re-introduce dishonorable kills.

Or make it easier to transfer/reroll on a pve server.

1) How would making people lose honor for killing a civilian NPC stop people from ganking? Or do you have no idea what DHKs were?

2) It is pretty easy already, simply log into your account at the top of the webpage, go to your wow account and then select realm transfer... or something like that. Pretty simple if you ask me.
90 Gnome Priest
Indeed. New players should do their research and maybe pick a server they won't get ganked in.
58 Worgen Death Knight
02/18/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Braha
The trouble with your suggestion is it is offering a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

In your opinion you mean.

Would there be so many threads about things like this if there was not a problem?
Or if there was a clearly laid out policy so people know when they just have to put up with this for x amount of time and then it will either stop or they can report it?
Or if there was a system in place that they knew that even if they continued to be griefed that the griefer would be feeling some form of penalty?
100 Night Elf Druid
02/17/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Aceharrdlife
After so many threads of people being ganked at low levels. well here a good solution.

Don't play on a PVP server.

Problem solved.
90 Undead Priest
I spent 4 years on a PvP server. I hated just about every moment of it. I may be a warlock, but I'm not a particularly mean one. I'd definitely classify myself as a Carebear. Transferring to a PvE server was a huge stress relief. I had started avoiding playing altogether just to avoid the gankfests. I do enjoy a little pvp from time to time, but I really love having more of a choice on when to get involved.

With all that said, PvP should be allowed and even encouraged on PvP realms. That's what they're here for, and they cater to the people who really enjoy that spontaneity.

What I do think they should do is make it easier and cheaper for people who for whatever reason rolled on a PvP server and are really unhappy with the environment. I think if they lowered the price point a little bit, they could actually make more money. I only went on my PvP server because that's where the people I knew were playing, and I didn't want to play all alone.

Instead of screwing around with world PvP mechanics and making those who really love it suffer, it'd be much easier just to help remove the unwilling participants from the situation.

Hey, that's the best argument of the thread. Thank you.
58 Worgen Death Knight
I am kinda surprised that no one has suggested using OQ to form a cross realm anti griefing brigade :) one on both factions, you would report griefers In the OQ vent, and a punitive max level force would assemble(large enough that the griefer/s would have the same chance as the people they are griefing which is none) and camp the griefer/s till they log or leave the zone, but they do NOT bother anyone else. And if it is the same vent you wouldn't have griefers setting the horde brigade against the alliance brigade.
How is Snowfox an MVP?
Just wondering I've notice she/he has a attitude problem with players that give an opinion that doesn't aline with her reasoning or frame of thought.

To be fair tons of people flame Snowfox for simply stating her opinion.

Snow is a player just like any of us, and is allowed to have an oppinion of her own. That oppinion may differ from yours, mine, theirs, or Blizzards. It however will be Snowfox's opinion. Does she always state her opinion as diplomatically as she could? No, however lets face it sometimes the only way to state some opinions on these forums is bluntly, unless you want to write a 3 page essay that nobody will read.

I too have very strong opinions, and like Snow focus more on logic then emotions, as a result some people label me as a "troll." When all is said and done though decisions need to be made with reason rather then simple emotional responses, which is why people do not like us. We argue from a logic standpoint as to why things are good/bad while the suggestions that are being discussed are made are often the result of an emotional argument, thus when we say we disagree (because we don't find your argument logically good for the game) people take it as an attack against their emotional selves like us saying "you shouldn't be mad at getting camped" I don't think either of us would ever say that. I don't think anybody actually enjoys getting camped, however just because it is an annoying aspect of gameplay doesn't mean it is something that should be removed. After all nobody likes paying repair bills, but they aren't going away either.

I have yet to see Snow reply in any way I would see as inappropriate, yes some posts might be less then polite, then again the person who just spat in your face multiple times does not exactly deserve top notch politeness from a volunteer.

This ^^
/Highpaw
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/17/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Grobin
but then the griefers who get their kicks from butchering the helpless couldn't trot out their, "PvP happened on a PvP server" meme.

It's not just griefers that say it. I've never camped someone in my life and I agree, if you don't want PvP everywhere at anytime, don't be on a PvP server.
90 Troll Warlock
never understand why those carebear think pvp realm is dead.

if we use wowprogress as measure stick. I guess we can said that PVP realm is more successful than PVE realm
stat:
Top 5 Realm - 1 PVE - 4 PVP
Top 10 realm - 1 PVE - 9 PVP
Top 25 realm - 5 PVE - 20 PVP
Top 50 Realm - 14 PVE - 36 PVP
90 Orc Death Knight
Willkiller
58 Worgen Death Knight
The trouble with your suggestion is it is offering a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Would there be so many threads about things like this if there was not a problem?
Or if there was a clearly laid out policy so people know when they just have to put up with this for x amount of time and then it will either stop or they can report it?
Or if there was a system in place that they knew that even if they continued to be griefed that the griefer would be feeling some form of penalty?

Here is a clearly laid out policy:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/player-vs-player-server-policy

I've said it before and will say it again. Blizzard should put their PvP policy on the login screen along with a box that people have to check, acknowledging that have read and understand the rules set by them regarding PvP in their game, before they can login and play.
90 Human Warlock
Of course all the normal bandwagon riding me too's will say stupid stuff like "Call the cops PVP happened" or "you signed up on a pvp server you should have known"....

How should have we had known? 5 years ago when I started playing wow it said choose a server, I saw one that said "Enjoy epic battles with the opposing faction yada yada" It did NOT say "This server is 85% horde and you will not be able to do your quests because there will always be someone there top gank you"

I had no idea, none of us did. I didn't complain, but I did pay $250 to transfer all my toons to pve realms.

What fun
90 Tauren Druid
02/18/2013 12:43 PMPosted by Willkiller

Actually in the eyes of Blizzard

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7320822467?page=5#85

This is going to sound weird, and while I do empathize with the frustration that's being expressed in this thread, this conversation still warms the cockles of my black little heart.

Why? Because for too long there was very little distinction between playing on a PvE realm and playing on a PvP realm. We had inadvertently created a situation where there was little risk when leveling in the world on a PvP realm. The experiences were, for all practical purposes, virtually identical, but that wasn't what we had in mind.

Life on a PvP realm can be nasty, brutish and short. Justice is in very short supply. Every action you take in the world carries with it an added level of risk, from questing, to hunting down profession materials, to simply traveling from place to place. You can be attacked at any time, sometimes by an overwhelming force. Of course, the shoe can also be on the other foot, and you'll be able to turn the tables on your attacker, or find clever ways to delay them or escape from them. Some will become roaming slayers, seeking out enemies to destroy.

In short, the experience on a PvP server is different. We want it to be different, and that includes everything from honorable conflict on the field of battle to horribly despicable ganking. It's all part of the fabric that makes a PvP server what it is.

Let the blood be spilled.

and

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7393479775?page=7#122

I could try to reword a previous post by Daxx, but I'll just link it here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7320822467?page=5#85

The only thing I'd add to that is something I said over and over during BC when the big complaint was about Halaa: world PvP is not fair. We're not limiting who can do it, or in what amounts, and inherently some people will want to gank lower level players. Of course we later added areas like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad which attempted to balance the sides, but outside of those, world PvP is inherently unfair. Whether factions are imbalanced, or it's just a coward looking to trounce lowbies and run at the sight of an even-leveled player, world PvP is not fair. We've got battlegrounds and arenas if you want matched fights, and you can level almost exclusively in battlegrounds all the way to 90 if you want to, or dungeons for that matter.

The big issue here as I see it is that, and again Daxxarri's post above says it well, PvP realms weren't really proper PvP realms for many years, and now that they are again it's catching people off-guard. That doesn't change that they're working again as PvP realms. In most cases there's a solution to being ganked, whether it's calling on guildies or people from your faction, or escaping and hitting a different zone, BG, or dungeon for a while. We do have policies for very extreme cases when it crosses into [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/player-vs-player-server-policy"]ongoing harassment[/url], but even being camped for hours is something everyone should be prepared for.

As it's been a fact of how PvP servers have worked since launch, it's not too surprising that others will respond with recommendations against being on that type of server if you don't want to accept everything that comes with it.

I like me some BGs, but leveling on PvP servers is just too frustrating. I've tried it, I hate it, and that's ok. It's not going to be for everyone.

As you can see Blizzard sees no problems with the current state of things.
90 Tauren Druid
The point here is CRZ some people like rolling on a pvp server yes but at the sametime with 3 servers combined theres 100% more people when you cant even walk 2 feet and then your dead again by people that aren't even from your server its stupid. Majority of the time you come back on your 90 and your not zoned in with them so how is this fair? Oh right its not..... Stop blaming it on a pvp server and honestly see that it's CRZ problem which is when almost all of these threads started
90 Night Elf Druid
its not so much being ganked as it is the mass camping to kill one player.go to the dark portal and as soon as you port there,there are 15-20 horde ganking you.i'm not against ganking,but have a problem with camping in large numbers.if you have to camp in large numbers to gank one player then you must not be good at pvp and maybe should think about a realm change.it goes both ways.its hard to get ally players on our server to go after horde players.they cry about getting killed and the how we are out numbered 4 to 1 on our server.forget crz,combine servers to equal them out and see where it goes.but that would cost to much to do and might not fix anything either.
100 Tauren Druid
If ganking wasn't around, how would bads get their pvp?
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/18/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Zedara
I have yet to see Snow reply in any way I would see as inappropriate, yes some posts might be less then polite, then again the person who just spat in your face multiple times does not exactly deserve top notch politeness from a volunteer.

Actually, I have seen them make inappropriate comments to those that haven't spat in their face.. soooo.. yeah.

02/18/2013 01:11 PMPosted by Thoroxa
I had no idea, none of us did. I didn't complain, but I did pay $250 to transfer all my toons to pve realms.

Most can't afford 250.
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/18/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Deathrises
The point here is CRZ some people like rolling on a pvp server yes but at the sametime with 3 servers combined theres 100% more people when you cant even walk 2 feet and then your dead again by people that aren't even from your server its stupid. Majority of the time you come back on your 90 and your not zoned in with them so how is this fair? Oh right its not..... Stop blaming it on a pvp server and honestly see that it's CRZ problem which is when almost all of these threads started
58 Worgen Death Knight
Willkiller
58 Worgen Death Knight

Here is a clearly laid out policy:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/player-vs-player-server-policy

I've said it before and will say it again. Blizzard should put their PvP policy on the login screen along with a box that people have to check, acknowledging that have read and understand the rules set by them regarding PvP in their game, before they can login and play.

Relevant section I refer to in that link :Though this policy reflects a somewhat "hands-off" approach, the GM staff will intervene in cases of extreme or excessive harassment.

Layout the guidelines for "extreme or excessive harassment" please so people know what to report and what they need live with cause what is excessive to one person is not to others.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]