solution for ganking

90 Draenei Shaman
How about people quit wanting changes to the game for everyone and change it for themselfs
if they cant take being on a PvP realm?

I dont gank! never have, never will, as it is a waste of time to me.
But I play on a PvP realm because of the feeling of danger that PvE cant give me.
Theres no mob that can one shot me and leave me for dead that will hide and wait for me to show up. So if I want that sense of danger, it has to be from the chance that a player can
and will one shot me.

There are those of us who like the way PvP realms are. WE dont want it changed so people
that dislike PvP realms can be on them. Quit trying to change the game, and PvP realms,
for all of us, and change it for yourselfs by getting off PvP realms.

The game has changed so much already. No one can agrue that change in itself is a bad thing. Its what people do with those changes that makes it bad.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If only you could like throw bombs at the ganker whos attempting to gank you, like Poppy Bros!
02/17/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Tamara
Seems to me the real problem is CRZ and not being able to get revenge for being ganked.

Yes that is a real big problem that needs to get fixed, maybe then there will be less QQ about being ganked because we could switch to our mains and get that sweet revenge on the person that ganked.
90 Tauren Druid
02/17/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Winnipeg
Makes my server more active. I'll give pvp servers about 5 months before the only pvp'ers on there are the gankers themselves. It'll be like a Battle Ground server with no community or economy.

For some strange reason you think the only thing that people who gank do is gank, that they don't do anything but gank

You also seem to think that the only people who don't mind the gankers are other gankers.

News flash for you: People who gank do other things then gank, and people other then gankers are fine with ganking. Meaning PvP servers are never going to end up the barren wasteland that you think they are. Now scoot your doomsaying along elsewhere... shouldn't you start focusing on ESO is going to kill WoW or something?

as for ganking itself, no solution is needed, because there is no problem to begin with.
Edited by Draug on 2/17/2013 2:45 PM PST
57 Pandaren Monk
My problem isn't so much the gankers as it seems to have really contributed quite a bit to population decline at least on my little server anyway. I never really got into PVP too much but, I do enjoy an occasional brawl. We used to have real guild wars for ganking littles etc. but, CRZ has made PVP servers what they were designed to be.

Sadly a lot of people never experienced real PVP on lower pop servers and this comes as quite a shock to some. I'd just like to see CRZ be with the same servers all the time to bring back some of the sense of rivalry that could be so epic back in the day.
90 Tauren Druid
02/17/2013 02:44 PMPosted by Arhagon
Seems to me the real problem is CRZ and not being able to get revenge for being ganked.

Yes that is a real big problem that needs to get fixed, maybe then there will be less QQ about being ganked because we could switch to our mains and get that sweet revenge on the person that ganked.

You could never get revenge if your opponent chose to fly away to someplace else before. Unless you broke the ToS and used a toon on the other faction to find out where he was. So crying that CRZ has prevented you from being able to get revenge is totally stupid.
90 Pandaren Hunter
Twinks are probably the worst gankers in the game. The whole purpose of those is to get the best gear for that battlegroup so you can near effortlessly dominate everyone without having to go through the pains of gearing a max level character to be competitive against the best players in the game.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Solution to ganking: Roll on a PvE server and don't flag yourself like an idiot.
90 Dwarf Hunter
so let me see if I am reading this correctly. It is the op's fault that he is getting ganked because some level 90 has singled him out an therefore OP has no right to play on said server?

Anyone see something wrong with this?
90 Human Paladin
First of all, there are quite a few different ways to level a character other than just questing.

You can use the LFD tool (LFR at 85) or do random BGs.

Secondly, there's a very clear and informational description of what a PvP realm is when you're first choosing which type of realm you'd like to create a character on.

Last but not least, PvP means Player vs Player. I don't know where everyone gets this idea that there's a criteria that goes along with it. I've heard people complain that Player vs Player means it ALWAYS has to be fair or else it's not considered PvP. How does that make any sense? If you pull 10 mobs at once on accident and they all jump on you and kill you, does that mean it's not PvE, because it wasn't a 1 on 1 'fair' fight? No, it doesn't.

If PvP was meant to be fair, it would say that in the description. PvP simply means Player vs Player, which can include players far beyond your level, multiple players (below, at or beyond your level) or maybe even none at all. Even with CRZ, there are quite a few instances where i'll go 1 or 2 hours without seeing an enemy player, regardless of level. My realm was already fairly populated before CRZ even existed, too.

Bottom line, if you don't like PvP, then you can roll on a PvE or PvE-RP realm. That's what they're there for. If you chose a PvP realm and you claim to enjoy PvP, then you have no room to complain or cry, because you knew what you were getting yourself into when you picked that type of realm.

Also, if Blizzard ever did implement a way to sort of slow down the constant World PvP, the only rational thing I can think of is the Bounty System. There have been quite a few different variations of it suggested over these forums (and other forums) for years, but it's really the only fair and logical way to keep World PvP fun and engaging, while giving the complainers a little bit of help or relief.

My version would be like this -- After so many kills on players 5 levels or more below your level, you get a debuff that enables the other faction (at least your level or higher) to see you on the mini-map, much like you see the class colored dots of your party or raid members. They can then track you down using their map or world map and proceed to hunt and kill you (if they can). They would then be able to loot an item from your corpse (possibly your heart or skull, if you want to add a little brutality into the mix) that they can then turn into an NPC for some type of reward, be it gold or honor or something along those lines. Obviously flying mounts would make it a little more challenging as most players would immediately mount up and fly away once they got the bounty debuff, but they wouldn't be ganking you anymore, now would they? Which is the whole point.

I'm sure Blizzard could work out the kinks and flaws and give the debuff an appropriate name, along with the reward, blah blah blah. But I would suggest the debuff last at least 5 or 10 minutes to start off, increasing the more you gank while you have the debuff.

I don't know, sorry for the wall of text. I just thought i'd get my 2 cents in.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
so let me see if I am reading this correctly. It is the op's fault that he is getting ganked because some level 90 has singled him out an therefore OP has no right to play on said server?

No, there's nothing wrong with it. That's what you get for rolling on a PvP server. If you do not want to deal with that crap, DO NOT ROLL ON A PVP SERVER.

IMO, the OP and everyone like them should be banned from the forums if they continue to complain about it.
90 Human Paladin

It's a PvP realm.

How hard is it for him to go into /1 and ask a 90 of his own faction for help? If I am too lazy to long into my main, it only takes a few seconds for me to get some bored 90 to help me out. It's a two-way street here.
84 Orc Warrior
Have CRZ only grab people that are level-appropriate for the zone.

Problem solved.
90 Tauren Druid

He has no right to play on the server IF HE COMPLAINS ABOUT IT, AND WANTS IT STOPPED.

If he didn't want to put up with the sort of behavior he should of taken Blizzard's advice that was given to him before he rolled any characters and rolled on a PvE server.
90 Dwarf Hunter
I'm sorry but I disagree, Ganking is a problem when said gankers single out one person and camp them everytime they see them, sometimes hours at a time, "Yes I said hours". And follows them from zone to zone killing them to the point where they are not able to do anything in the game and are constantly forced to log off. Then when they log back on, said ganker shows up again out of nowhere.

These players being camped aren't asking for a carebear server, they are asking for a reasonable option that would allow them a few minutes of relief after a certain number of times being ganked. Like one player posted, after 8 times being ganked by someone, they become immune for x number of minutes, say 2 to 3 minutes to give them time to get away.

One guy i talked to can't even hearth back to a capitol city for safety because the person ganking him keeps an alt there and when he hearths back, the other switches to the alt and ganks him again.
Edited by Grimmlie on 2/17/2013 3:10 PM PST
90 Troll Mage
It's a PvP realm.

How hard is it for him to go into /1 and ask a 90 of his own faction for help? If I am too lazy to long into my main, it only takes a few seconds for me to get some bored 90 to help me out. It's a two-way street here.

This. There are usually level 90s in the zones because of pet battles and most of the time they are willing to help, especially if it's just one player.
90 Troll Mage
02/17/2013 03:05 PMPosted by Grimmlie
These players being camped aren't asking for a carebear server, they are asking for a reasonable option that would allow them a few minutes of relief after a certain number of times being ganked.

Sit in a city.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Did you not read what I said? The player I talked to can't sit in a city because as soon as he hearths back to said city, the ganker switches over and gets him again before his 5 minute flag timer wears off. Yes, inside a city.
90 Troll Mage
02/17/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Grimmlie
Did you not read what I said? The player I talked to can't sit in a city because as soon as he hearths back to said city, the ganker switches over and gets him again before his 5 minute flag timer wears off. Yes, inside a city.

Lol. I'm wondering what the back story of that is because anyone that goes to that much trouble is obviously mad. I don't see how you can get ganked in the middle of a crowded city.
90 Tauren Druid
I'm sorry Snowfox but I disagree, Ganking is a problem when said gankers single out one person and camp them everytime they see them, sometimes hours at a time, "Yes I said hours". And follows them from zone to zone killing them to the point where they are not able to do anything in the game and are constantly forced to log off. Then when they log back on, said ganker shows up again out of nowhere.

These players being camped aren't asking for a carebear server, they are asking for a reasonable option that would allow them a few minutes of relief after a certain number of times being ganked. Like one player posted, after 8 times being ganked by someone, they become immune for x number of minutes, say 2 to 3 minutes to give them time to get away.

One guy i talked to can't even hearth back to a capitol city for safety because the person ganking him keeps an alt there and when he hearths back, the other switches to the alt and ganks him again.

Sounds like the guy did something to tick somebody off and the person is getting their revenge.

Let it be a lesson that your actions have consequences, even if there aren't Blizzard rules against stuff, street justice always exists for any wrong a player feels somebody did to the Players rules of conduct.

That is what being on a PvP server is about. You have a lot less issues with people being idiots, because they know, through word of mouth they will end up taking dirt naps if they keep acting like an idiot.

PS: even on a PvP server you are unflagged in any main city after a couple minutes, so your story is reeking of BS.
Edited by Draug on 2/17/2013 3:18 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]