Resto weaps

90 Pandaren Shaman
Which weapon choice is better for a 10-man resto shaman?

Regail's Crackling Dagger (double-upgraded) and Eye of the Ancient Spirit

The 2/2 stats for the dagger are:
956 stam
551 int
413 mastery
330 crit
and
8518 spell power

or

Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker (double-upgraded + legendary gem, no prismatic socket)
Double-upgraded stats =
2231 stamina
1486 int
917 crit
1035 haste
8519 spell power
The haste would be reforged to spirit to give 414 spirit, as opposed to the dagger/shield's 765

Looks like the staff would give upwards of 600 int, and more crit... but less spirit and mastery
Edited by Dezie on 2/17/2013 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Dagger + gem + shield + off-hand enchant = 1397 int and 765 spirit

Staff + sha gem + extra socket = 2040 int

I value int as about twice as good as spirit, so I'd go with the staff for sure.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Staff imo because of the sha touched gem. If you get the mace off of H Emp then the decison becomes more difficult.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Sha Touched weapon gem slot is basically like "+7 ilvl boost" in awesomeness (see 496n-empress vs 503e-crackling threads...). The prismatic socket makes that a "8 ilvl awesomeness" boost.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Alright thanks for the responses. I'll definitely equip the staff tonight if I don't end up getting the mace from shek'zeer
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]