Melee vs Range issues in RBG's

Multiple blue posts confirm the fact that they want RBG's to be more popular and important. But this system is extremely unfair for particular specs.

Season 13 will feature RBG's as being the equivilent of 't2' where big caps will create a massive gear disparity so it's either RBG's or you're going to fall behind, fast.

Specs such as windwalker, enhance, ret, feral, arms, sub, can be used, but they'll never be as good as adding another lock/boomkin etc.

While it isn't class imbalance at fault, but the fundamental differences between ranged and melee. Melee unavoidably end up sitting infinite aoe snares/cc's and swapping targets takes longer.

Problems also extend to the dynamics of certain bg's, for example temple of kotmogu having ranged dps from sides means there's constant dps, and they're closest to new orbs. Range dps can dps/cc whoever they like whilst sitting inside the circles of mine carts in silvershard.

Ultimately the constant buffs to RBG rewards are going to make the gear/rating disparity quite large between viable and non viable bg classes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Dual spec?
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 01:56 AMPosted by Bojana
Dual spec?

You're right, excuse me while I duel spec to my ranged spec that uses the same gear.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk
Dual spec?

So, I can either hope to get in an RBG group as WW, or respec and play what I don't want to play (I've never even played MW so I don't know if I'd like it or not, but thats just because I'm in love with the WW spec), and either fall behind on the spec I want, or fall behind in gear on the spec that my RBG group needs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Blizzard had 3 seasons of cataclysm to learn this and they haven't done anything; it's pretty obvious that they don't care.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
that's why they made ranged rogues :D (hate it)
Reply Quote
7 Undead Rogue
Dual spec?

U didn't even try did u.?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/20/2013 03:55 AMPosted by Swampdonkeys
Blizzard had 3 seasons of cataclysm to learn this and they haven't done anything; it's pretty obvious that they don't care.

If that is true (i find it hard to believe it's on purpose) then it's really, really sad to force players into a venue that they don't balance. If RBGs are going to award more points (i'm not agreeing that it should) then it should precedence over arena balance.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I really don't see how they would change this without making melee absolutely ridiculous in other settings.

Ranged is better because their positioning isn't dictated by the enemy and there's faster target swaps. Most of the spammable CCs come from ranged classes as well.

They'd need to give every melee a charge and huge buffs to defense.
Or... they need awesome team fight abilities like Vortex/Beam and Gorefiend's.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/20/2013 04:48 AMPosted by Pachyderm
Good thing I'm a DK.

Me TOO !!! Oh.. wait.. no, I'm not a DK... damn.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
02/20/2013 03:32 AMPosted by Placentoid
You're right, excuse me while I duel spec to my ranged spec that uses the same gear.

Question why are you posting this question in arena fourm? Yes dual spec is the answer. One spec for RBG one spec of Arena or what ever. YOu can also have one spec for PvE for that matter. the big question is if you really think you are kick kong of the WW monks start up a group and be a leader in a RBG group.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
02/20/2013 04:35 AMPosted by Backflip

Rogue can still equip a bow or gun
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk
02/20/2013 07:36 AMPosted by Bojana

Rogue can still equip a bow or gun

Holy crap, you can NOT be serious? There aren't enough straws in the world to fill how much you are grasping for.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Yeah melee need some gimmick ability or utilities. Aoe stealth/bomb. Aoe grip. Ring of peace or whatever in 5.2 maybe?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Not 100% sure about this in mists, but last season a hunter on my realm ran to 2.2k with a
76-12 win/loss ratio running Pwarr (FC), Hpally, Rsham, Dpriest x 2, mm hunter, Fdk, Srogue, Feral, retadin. 4 heals + 2x mass dispels pree much meant the dotcleaves couldn't get enough pressure out and the melee on his team just single-target bursted their way through each one
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Just make all melee have 40 yard range only active in rbgs. Only way people would want them.
Or they could... Ya know.. Make casters actually cast again, ditch all these absurd casting while moving abilities and tone down instant cast cc. All the stuff ghostcrawler said he wanted to do.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Not 100% sure about this in mists, but last season a hunter on my realm ran to 2.2k with a
76-12 win/loss ratio running Pwarr (FC), Hpally, Rsham, Dpriest x 2, mm hunter, Fdk, Srogue, Feral, retadin. 4 heals + 2x mass dispels pree much meant the dotcleaves couldn't get enough pressure out and the melee on his team just single-target bursted their way through each one

u talkin about the "stay smasht" guild?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]