Do you display healing numbers when in a raid

90 Draenei Shaman
I find all the green text to be distracting at times. It can occasionally be useful to tell where the heal is going though.

What do you do?

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't care who it goes on, but I like green numbers, soo...
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I like using SCK and drowning the screen in green numbers. I don't even read them.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
The numbers showing up on the screen haven't really mattered since early wrath.

Most healing frames show you more important information with the specific numbers such as incoming healing and health delta amounts.

The only important thing to know is approximately how much each heal will heal for so you know which one to cast on the person missing 35k health versus the person missing 135k health. Even then, it's a very minor bonus.

I would argue that most people probably have them still displaying on the screen just so they see green numbers fly everywhere when they use some ability.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have an addon that puts the all my healing numbers to the right side of my screen.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I use MSBT to line up my green numbers neatly and merge little numbers from the same ability into big numbers. I get to see how much my spells overheal for and how many targets my AoEs hit (although my raidframes give me more detailed information on the latter).

I find I actually use it as a major source of feedback, to the point that if I turn it off I feel "blind".
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I kinda of read it as information. Gives me another way of gauging how much healing is needed for near-future casts.

If I see streams of 4(32413)s then I am like =(

If I see 24565(4524) then I am like :D

If I see 234523-critical, 234523-Critical, 234234-critical with no overheal, then I am like D: D: D: @_@ HALP!

I also use it to semi track atonement healing to see who it hopped to.

02/21/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Kaels
I find I actually use it as a major source of feedback, to the point that if I turn it off I feel "blind".

Basically that.
Edited by Zamboozle on 2/21/2013 10:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I don't use them. My raidframes show everyone's health and incoming predictive heals. The little green numbers are just annoying distractions saying "Hey! You know that thing you were just about to do? You DID IT! And it worked EXACTLY LIKE WE SAID IT WOULD!"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Of course. If you don't play this game to cover the screen in a storm of huge numbers I don't really know what you're getting out of it.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Turned on, of course.

Sure, seeing a bunch of numbers spammed on the screen while everyone is stacked and AoE healing is pretty useless. But the enhanced spatial awareness it provides when single target healing and being able to see and track where your targets are on the screen is very helpful.

I would feel seriously lacking without green numbers over my targets' heads.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Turned off. My cpu can't take it on busy fights and if we're clustered, it's seriously obstructing my view of the fight too and that info does not affect in any way my actions during the fight anyway.

You can use a static frame to display that stuff in, and filter it properly. I just analyze WoL logs later if I need to do any theorycrafting.
Edited by Sedivy on 2/21/2013 12:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Mahourai
Of course. If you don't play this game to cover the screen in a storm of huge numbers I don't really know what you're getting out of it.

HAHA This, right here!

I've turned them off before and I missed them so I turned em back on.

Also, am I the only one that sometimes plants a bunch of healie mushrooms all over their halfhill farm and explodes them JUST to giggle madly at the storm of green numbers? hehe
Edited by Feyranna on 2/21/2013 12:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
96 Worgen Druid
I gain way more enjoyment than I should out of seeing the big green 197,312 over my head when I hit Healing Touch.

And that's when I'm in feral <_<
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
5/10 mans, sometimes.
25 mans... have you ever seen scrolling text for Healing Rain+Earthliving during Asc. To see ~50 healing events per second... it is blinding. You literally can't see what is going on around your feet. That's kinda important because there might be fire there.
Reply Quote
96 Worgen Druid
5/10 mans, sometimes.
25 mans... have you ever seen scrolling text for Healing Rain+Earthliving during Asc. To see ~50 healing events per second... it is blinding. You literally can't see what is going on around your feet. That's kinda important because there might be fire there.

You spelled "glorious" wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]