Worst timing disconnect in raid?

90 Troll Death Knight
It always happens, it's unavoidable, what's the worst timing of a disconnect ever happen in your raid? Can be to your personally or someone else in raid.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
"Post shaped"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I would have to say on KT, during an immortal run. In a void zone. Yeah, people weren't too happy when my net came back an hour later.

Oceanic internet, fun stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I DC'd during heroic nef, on top of one of the little platforms that come up when the room fills with lava.

The lava dropped, everybody got in position, but I wasn't there to tank the dragon. XD
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
We always seem to have people DC when we're on the verge of killing a new boss.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
DC'd and wiped us on one of our first "almost kills" of H windlord.

It was actually quite ironic, I was just saying about 2 minutes before hand how I'd never had a wind bomb thrown at me whilst we were progging on him.

DC, proceed to have a wind bomb thrown at me.

You win this round Mel'jarak...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Didnt DC...

but had a massive 10000 ping lag spike during Heroic Ambershaper last night. Suddenly everything caught up just in time to see myself reshaped into a construct. After I got out of the construct 30 or so seconds later i started lagging into 10k ping again....

So although everything was good and we killed the boss, It would have been the worst DC for me if I ever DC'ed
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
02/14/2013 12:00 AMPosted by Zsunnie
but had a massive 10000 ping lag spike during Heroic Ambershaper last night. Suddenly everything caught up just in time to see myself reshaped into a construct. After I got out of the construct 30 or so seconds later i started lagging into 10k ping again....

I had this happen, but I somehow still pulled off the 3-2-2 and interrupted self without a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I dc'd and crushed us on H garalon monday.

The worst thing to come of it ended up being that the log was invalid though.

When we were progressing our priest had some terrible lag though, to the point of hilarity. "I think I'm lagged out"...."Oh, I'm dead?"..(As we're running back)"I'm still watching you guys fight the boss"
Edited by Ðemolition on 2/14/2013 12:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

I had this happen, but I somehow still pulled off the 3-2-2 and interrupted self without a problem.

Thank Blizzard for spell queuing while you're lagging.
Edited by Snaptaunt on 2/14/2013 1:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I once DC'd while tanking XT. Came back about 30 seconds later and I still had aggro. That was pretty sweet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Best DC I've ever seen is Paragon's LK tank disconnecting almost immediately after the pull on the world first.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Throne of the four winds during cata, I was on the platform as the 1 dps with a healer. DC'd. Raid wiped.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
This tier? Wind Bomb.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
We were doing TOGC 10 on an offnight, and during facton champions our shaman dc'd, reconnected to vent and whatever, about 20 mins later, as valks died, we heard them saying "Do you want me to hex the warrior?" "Guys I think I'm lagging, trying to interrupt the paladin", and we thought he was being stupid, but then he talked while the lag artifacts kept talking.

Not a "Bad DC", but probably the funniest
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
When the boss is sub 5%, resulting in a wipe.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Tank dcing @ 5% on heroic sha :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The worst are always those cases where it's a boss you've been wiping on, but you finally have it down. It feels great. The team is nailing everything. You feel in your heart that this is it, you're going to get that kill.

Nope.

Had that while tanking the gauntlet portion of Thorim. We weren't having an especially good time of it, but this one felt good. From what I could hear in Vent, the Arena folks we doing just fine, and me and the guantlet folks were doing a great job making our way through the caves. Disconnected.

Currently, I think one of our guild's tank has had no fewer than three DCs during Elegon. Everything is going fine, until we realize he's still standing on the platform when it's about to drop. Bye bye!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Raid group, but not technically a raid. Galleon had FINALLY come up at a time when I wasn't at work. In a group, ready to go.....

and D/C.

Log back on, Galleon dead, no loot, no achieve, no nothin'.

Grrrrrrrrrr.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
first few seconds of pulling the boss as the tank.
Right before a tank swap is to happen.
when a platform or similar ground is about to despawn as part of the fight mechanic (outer rim of the platform on LK for example, or in EOE right before the drakes show up)
during defile
during a rather tight burn phase where losing 1 dps is the different between downing it and not downing it (armor plate phases on spine of deathwing, before the progressive nerfs got too high)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]