After Spirit Cap

Once we get to the point where we have enough spirit to be casting spells as much as we'd like (which I'm assuming will happen sometime during 5.2) will we want to start migrating back to Int, dumping more into mastery, or potentially get the next EF tick with haste?

Right now I think Int would be best but I can see arguments for everything. Stronger shields are always nice, and we can get more mastery than Int from gems. I can also see haste though, due to the fact that we can afford to cast more spells.

I'm way too behind on theorycraft to make an educated decision, and I feel like if I could get someone to back this up with math it might get me going again. Any help here would be much appreciated :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Haste will make you burn your mana faster, meaning the spirit won't be worth as much, meaning you'll need more spirit. Aka viscous circle. The number I've heard thrown around was 3506 for the extra tick of EF.

Extra INT for bigger heals makes sense, however with our "relatively" slow cast times, you actually will get rewarded better with master or hybrid gems by bumping the absorption shields up as high as you can.

There's no upper limit to mastery (as far as I've found), with the exception of 50% of your max HP (so pretty much impossible). So lets say you raid buff to 40% (I'm at 38~% and inching close to the haste break now) after you get everything situated.

That means a 100k heal gives you 140k effective healing (and worst case 40k if someone snipes the heal). Add on your beacon, and you get another 50k+absorb.

I've been tracking it over the last few weeks, and my Illuminated healing is accounting for about 1/3 of my overall healing. Not to shabby.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Haste will make you burn your mana faster, meaning the spirit won't be worth as much, meaning you'll need more spirit. Aka viscous circle.

why do people think this? haste also has no interaction with spirit
you may use more mana with those points in haste versus mastery or crit which are more HPM friendly but your casts dont cost more mana. haste allows you to be more flexible and with all my haste reforged into mastery you play a dangerous game if you fall behind which could lead to deaths. i feel overall haste is a more fluid playstyle.

the only problem with haste so far seems to be the deciding lack of benefit to the majority of our spells vs other stats or just in general. Being that it does not affect holy radiance and is not worth enough to efficiently get another EF tick, also (especially with 4pc) your holy shock will be pumping out more HP (more WoG) and having an increase of IoL procs.

many stats are superior to haste for HPM but it will always be potent for throughput.
and INT will always be the strongest stat point for point but you may adjust your style to fit better with your group comp or certain boss fights with other secondary stats.

That means a 100k heal gives you 140k effective healing (and worst case 40k if someone snipes the heal). Add on your beacon, and you get another 50k+absorb.

I dont believe mastery works with beacon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/22/2013 03:39 PMPosted by Retheal
Haste will make you burn your mana faster, meaning the spirit won't be worth as much, meaning you'll need more spirit. Aka viscous circle.

you may use more mana with those points in haste versus mastery or crit which are more HPM friendly but your casts dont cost more mana. haste allows you to be more flexible and with all my haste reforged into mastery you play a dangerous game if you fall behind which could lead to deaths. i feel overall haste is a more fluid playstyle.

People think that because it is true. Haste does not increase your cost per cast. But it DOES increase the NUMBER of casts, which means more total mana spent.
Now, you can use haste to regain some efficiency by using cheaper heals more often, but it's definitely 100% true that casting more spells can lead to spending more mana.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I didn't say they cost more mana, I said you will burn more mana. Because you are using mana faster, you need more spirit to keep up with your requirements.

It's not a direct interaction. It's a player created issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]