That Tabletop Stuff

90 Tauren Monk
I've never been a DnD fan, nor have I played what most people would recognize as a table top game.

But I did try and play the Starship Troopers Miniatures game, which is a table top. I thought it was pretty cool but sadly they stopped making them ;-; I'd buy em just to collect the beautiful pieces.
Reply Quote
36 Pandaren Monk
I've been playing D&D since 7th grade (which is much further in the past than I'd prefer...), and I love it. My group just finished a 4th Edition campaign, we're currently in a New World of Darkness/Mage chronicle (it would be pure Mage if it weren't for me playing a werespider...), and we're giving consideration to launching a Pathfinder campaign once that's done instead of just waiting for D&D 5th Edition ("D&D Next"). I still personally maintain that 3.5 was the best D&D rule system ever, and Pathfinder is just an update of that system.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I use MapTools right now and it's ossim.

02/14/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Madican
My group uses Roll20 for our DnD games.

I -would- use Roll20, but unfortunately with my internet the way it is right now, I have to be tethered through my smartphone for internet or it doesn't work.

And you can't use a mobile connection to access Roll20 without either being a paid member or the GM being a paid member.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I use MapTools right now and it's ossim.

I had a devil of a time with MapTools. While I love the ability to create frameworks for rules sets and pre-programmed buttons for abilities - a fact that made teaching 4E to new players an absolute joy - connecting and starting a server was often a frustrating and complicated process thanks to one person or another's port being blocked for reasons nobody could figure out. On two occasions the program was blocked partway through a session with no apparent cause, and when I switched to a different ISP it stopped working entirely no matter what I tried.

If they've fixed the connection problems, I'll go back to it, but until then MapTools hurt me. It hurt me bad.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Yeah connection issues can be a problem.

But when it works it's amazing~
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I just finished the first part of a DnD 4e campaign today before my Computer Science class. We've got a party of six and a dungeon master who's just getting started, so we're all learning the ropes.

It took us about two hours to get past the first encounter of our campaign - a group of eight kobolds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Roll20 is kind of amazing, along with myth-weavers for character sheets.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=478696

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=516105

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=514919

^_^

Edit: Also i really want to use ROll20 but can't right now.
Edited by Sinfalore on 2/14/2013 4:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Cut my teeth on the 1st Ed.

Most vivid encounter; Ravenloft <shudder> yep, we all died.

Was swinging a +2 longsword as well.

Character; Female Elf, Fighter-Mage ("Elven Cavalier" at least in mindset). As snotty and uppity as she could be. Barely talked to any other race than an elf and shrugged off half-elves as "Mistakes will happen". If things would have turned out for the good instead of Strahd owning our souls she would have become a banshee hunter (releasing elven souls from their torment and all that).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
the next campaign in the Underdark i am going to play a male drow bard, who acted as a concubine for a noble house, and is secretly trying to start a revolution against drow society. Or you know if that doesn't pan out escape to the surface.
Edited by Sevon on 2/14/2013 7:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I really want to play but I don't think I'll get to play again until tuesday. =(

I want, like... a solo adventure that I can play with just myself and the DM, maybe a person who sticks around for a session or two, depending, that I can do like every day.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Probably the highlight of today was happening upon a group of bandit men who were ritually sacrificed but not all the way dead. Our party talks with them and eventually decide to mercy kill them. Our bard strums her lute to put them to sleep and someone starts singing this over Skype.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lr_TVZnuxs

And everyone just absolutely dies laughing as a somber moment is obliterated.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
http://imgur.com/a/3RxIL

Here's a collection of funny DnD stories I've found.

These makes me want to play DnD so bad.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
might get to play later tonight. :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I am running an inquisitor in a PF campaign right now, and a Sun Elf Wizard/Incantator in a 3.5 campaign.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Nope. =x No play tonight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've done D&D over skype once, it was amazingly fun.

Currently I'm participating in a few forum-based D&D games, but the problem with those is that it's possible to go days without major things happening, and combat takes a while.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Yeah I don't enjoy the playbypost ones.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I absolutely love DnD, and have been DMing for almost eight years now. Just even bringing it up makes me smile, because it brings back such good memories.

I think the funnest thing I'd ever run with my friends had to be a (4E) campaign where after saving the remnants of a town that was under siege by a neighboring country, the two casters in the party opened a ritual-portal based off a rune that they had no idea where it would lead to.

Long story short, it led to this abandoned temple in the middle of a huge swamp that had laid dormant for centuries. Instead of just gawking at it, the group ended up setting the rescued towns people to work while they pursed the main story arc. They ended up making an entirely new town, and it became a bastion for those seeking a safe place to live during the war.

Good times c:
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]