Can Shadowfiends receive Bloodlust twice?

100 Troll Priest
It's really as simple a question as that. I haven't found any info on this. Most results turn up threads about when to cast the fiend in relation to bloodlust. My question is do shadow fiends remain sated and unable to benefit from a second bloodlust/heroism/timewarp? I would think since it's a spell it would not carry the debuff over to the second, and in some cases, possible third cast.
I thought of this because bloodlust is often casted twice for those that may have been dead during the initial cast or perhaps in a spirit world. If anyone has a definative answer I'd love to know as this could increase dps that much more and could be very helpful on longer fights like the sha of fear. Or not...
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
Simple answer... summon Shadowfiend, have someone lust it for you, and check for the Sated debuff. Since Bloodlust lasts a lot longer than 15sec, isn't this kind of a moot point? You'll always get the most out of Bloodlust if you use your Shadowfiend before it's cast. I can tell you for certain that after your Shadowfiend expires/dies, it loses all buffs and debuffs. Next time you summon it, it can receive Bloodlust again, if that's your question.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
As far as I know cast shadow fiend after lust has been cast means your fiend will not benefit from it at all. It has to already be out but that's not the question at all and I dont see how it's moot considering it increases the fiends number of attacks and therefor damage/mana regen. dramatically. Multiply that by three if there are three spriests in the raid and it adds up.
Also even if you see the sated debuff it doesn't necessarily mean it will still have it after a second cast 1 or 2 minutes later.
I will be trying this but I thought I'd ask as it's a common thing to do on forums.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/14/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Söup
As far as I know cast shadow fiend after lust has been cast means your fiend will not benefit from it at all.

I don't remember for sure, but I believe currently Shadowfiend and Mindbender update dynamically.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/14/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Nixxe
As far as I know cast shadow fiend after lust has been cast means your fiend will not benefit from it at all.

I don't remember for sure, but I believe currently Shadowfiend and Mindbender update dynamically.

I remember reading somewhere that temporary pets(DK ghouls, Shadowfiends, etc) take snap shots of your stats when cast and use those through out the whole duration. This was a while ago back in Cata, it may have been a bad source/changed since, so a newer confirmation might be necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I remember reading somewhere that temporary pets(DK ghouls, Shadowfiends, etc) take snap shots of your stats when cast and use those through out the whole duration. This was a while ago back in Cata, it may have been a bad source/changed since, so a newer confirmation might be necessary.

I know that has definitely been the case in the past. I may be wrong and it may still be the case.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]